Does anyone here actually like pokemon besides me?

Which move must be bred on a Vulpix?

• flamethrower

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • faint attack

• safeguard

• confuse ray

• Total voters

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
These guys usually pick the crazy answers; they don't necessarily try to seriously answer the polls. ;)

E

ErinPuff

I used to play the Game Boy thing.. and I used to play the CCG.. and I used to watch the show.. and I used to have a stuffed Pikachu.. :eek: Then when it got so popular (or maybe I just got older), it started to suck for me, and I gave everything to my 5-year-old sister.

P

Prince RXI

Actuall, come to think of it, I used to like pokemon, then it got too big. Let me show you my favorite pokemon:).

*RXI takes out the silver pokeball with his prized, naturally leveled, level 100 Butterfree.*

See?

*RXI lets his Butterfree out. A silver Butterfree appears and starts to float next to RXI.*

Cute, isn't he? The only silver Butterfree in existance:).

*RXI's butterfree goes back into it's pokeball.*

Prince RXI, pokemon was in for a short time, it is now a lower form of entertainment, i'm just keeping this as a rememberance of it. To prove it died

P

Pokemorpher

It may be the only one that's silver, but I've heard of pink and red ones. I have a purple Heracross that I just love! Also a Kingdra that's a darker blue than usual. Does anyone know the blue Ditto trick? I'll post it if requested.

If you breed with a shiny Ditto, you have like a 1/64 chance of getting a shiny pokemon. That's how I got Heracross and Kingdra to be different colors. Right now I'm trying to get a shiny Magby just to see what color it is.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac comes from behind and snatches the pokeball with the "silver" Butterfree. He opens it and kicks the Butterfree in the nuts so hard that all the silver comes off. Ransac puts the Butterfree back in the ball and puts the pokeball back in Prince RXI's pocket he notices.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

P

Prince RXI

That was the fake one in that pocket, my real one is here.

*RXI unzips the air and pulls out a pokeball.*

Ha.

*Puts the pokeball back in and zips up the air.*

Prince RXI, now with his own patent on the air bag:)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by TURD CUTTER!!!
Sorry for sounding harsh, but once you reach double digits in age, it's really stupid.
I like to play the Gameboy games. I own our Red and Blue versions, and I'm waiting for one of my boys (ages 6 and 9) to get tired of playing their Gold/Silver versions they got for Christmas so I can have a crack at them. Granted, they aren't the best RPG-type games out there, but they're fun, and they give me something I can talk about with my kids.

It drives the wife crazy when we speak "Pokemon", and she has no idea what we're talking about. ;)

We also have a decent collection of the cards. I own most of the good ones, though my eldest has a fairly good resource-denial deck with some good cards in it. I like playing the game with my kids, and while it isn't nearly as complex a game as Magic it's geared toward a younger age group, so what exactly do you expect?

The kids like the TV show too, and the movies. I've seen some of them, and I don't really think they're all that great, but then, I haven't really been into cartoons for about 30 years now. :eek:

And on the merchandise: It's made my Christmas shopping a whole lot easier for a couple years now, so I don't really mind that either...

D

Daggertooth

Hmmmm, I never knew Pokemon had a cross Breading program. Interesting....

The ccg is okay. A bit simple for what I like, but not bad. I suppose there gets to be more tricks involved, but that only comes with more cards.

My little brother is the pokemon enthusiast. a cool thing is, my little brother has started to gear towards magic. They really do convert. :)

I hate the TV show. You know, The kind of hate that stems from a little brother that makes sure he watches every single one. And your at home with nothing better to do than watch the show.

Before we got our VCR working (the recording part was broken for a while) My brother Taped the pokemon Theme song on casset. It was very scratchy. Nevertheless he played it constantly.

God that drove me crazy.

Daggertooth

M

mogg bomber

I like the gameboy games, but other than that I just ignore Pokemon. I don't see why anyone hates it though, the CCG is a good introductory game for kids and the movies/tv show can't be much worse than most shows aimed at kids right?

P

Pokemorpher

The breeding thing is slightly weird. The breeding compatibility isn't based on types. And some pokemon can only learn moves by breeding since the egg that hatches is always the lowest evolution of the female unless you are breeding with a Ditto. Then it's just the other pokemon since Ditto is genderless. The male is what passes down moves, so you need to get the right combination to get the egg you want. Here's an example:

1) Get a female Farfetch'd and a male Donphan that knows flail.
2) Go south of Goldenrod City to the daycare center and let the old man and the old lady take care of them.
3) Walk out to see if the pokemon "show interest in" or "are friendly with" the other.
4) Run (or ride the bike) around aimlessly until you have taken enough steps so that the old man is seen standing outside.
5) Talk to the old man and he tells you that your pokemon had an egg and asks you if you want it.
6) Accept the egg and run around until you hatch a level 5 Farfetch'd that knows flail.

There's also a move called attract that works only if the opponent is the opposite gender. They only attack 50% of the time until one of you switch.

P

Pokemorpher

1) Catch the red Gyarados that you find in the Lake of Rage.
2) Delete any moves that do not appear in the red or blue versions if necessary.
3) Trade Gyarados to a red or blue version.
4) Teach the Gyarados mimic using the TM.
5) On the red or blue game, find a wild Ditto.
6) Mimic Ditto's transform attack.
7) After Ditto transforms into your Gyarados that now knows transform, transform into it.
8) After it uses transform on you again, catch it.
9) Trade the Ditto (and the red Gyarados if you still want it) back to your silver or gold version and notice that it is blue and shines like the red Gyarados.

When breeding a pokemon with the blue Ditto, the resulting egg has a 1/64 chance of being shiny.