Fav Movie?

D

Duel

Favorite movie: matrix?!?!?!?
To quote Wakefield: "WTF?"

The matrix was good. It was even great, if only graphics and effects are considered. It was a keanu reeves movie. I had keanu reeves lines. Lines like "Whoa" and "We need guns, lots of guns" and "I know kung foo". I had the same ending as inpector gadget. Plus the dumb batman scene at the end. the matrix was the coolest movie I've seen in a long time,

Best Movie Ever: Dead Poets Society or Roxanne

Best Actor: Richard Dreyfuss, Sir Lawrence Olivier, Robin Williams, so many choices!

Z

Zadok001

But is was a GOOD Reeves movie. :) Some people will tell you such things are great movies. The same people will tell you that Pez is a food group.

But the Pez tastes GOOD.

"Just shoot me now..."

U

Ura

Wow Duel!

I can't believe someone actually even knows about Roxanne. It was a great movie and it was filmed here in Nelson where I live. We have a mural on our heritage walk with Steve Martin in his fire fighters uniform and nose. :D

Z

Zadok001

Hey! I know that movie too! It's not _that_ obscure...

"With good reason..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
theorgg: Normally I don't think Chris Elliot is bad and I liked his short-lived TV series (Paper Boy?) but the movie was awful. However, I also don't really like the Monty Python movies so maybe there's that... :)

I did like Roxanne though...

T

theorgg

Oooh buudy, what a dork!, GET A LIFE!...

the sieries was called "get a life". I remember very little of it due to my age at the time, but I DO remember that he was the predisessor to Kenny.
Every damn episode ended with him biting the dust.

and for those who've seen A Clockwork Orange: the moovie is NOTHING compared to the FULL version(not american version) of the book. that final chapter adds one hell of alot to the book.
I still didn't like it as much as the other books I've read.

for some really good parody of everything, read furman's devils and it's sequal

M

Mr_Pestilence

Eh...., I've read both versions of the book, including the version with the new "last chapter".

Both books were good, but the movie is just incredible.

S

Spaceman Spiff

Oh boy favourite movie... hmmm i'd have to say;

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 the Movie...

and actors
hmm
Im gonna have to say

Leslie Nielson and Jackie Chan...

Spaceman Spiff, The One thats not from calvin and hobbes

C

Cheewok22

Matrix, Indiana Jones trilogy, Terminator 2, Star Wars, Sleepy Hollow, House on Hunted Hill, Waterworld, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The meaning of life, Life of Brian, Austin Powers 1 & 2, Half Baked, Clerks, 13th warrior......In that order :)

Killer Joe

Recent Movie Fav: The Blair Witch Project - I get motion sickness pretty easy which is probably why I can't watch NYPD Blue or Cops, due to the hand held camera idea, when my wife and I went to the Blair Witch movie, I had no idea that it was an almost an all hand held camera idea. So, I yaked, you know, bowed to the porcelene idol, ALRIGHT! I threw up. I still liked the movie.
All-Time Fav: Somewhere in Time (a corny sci-fi/romantic movie made in 1980 with Cristopher Reeves and Dr. Quinn Medicine actress) I know, I'm pathetic.

G

Gryphonclaw

For a single, all time favorite movie I would have to say, I don't know, different genres are so different it's like apples and oranges, but I like apples better.

However:
My favorite movie genre is fantasy, and the only decent movie of this type is Dragonheart.
The plot wasn't worth much, and there were some pretty bad scenes, but the characterization of the dragon more than made up for it. The knight, Bowen, was all right, but the friar Gilbert was way better, and the one female character was pretty weak. So this isn't my favorite, but it's up there.

Sci/Fi: I liked the Matrix for effects, but Blade Runner beat the hell out of it for plot and feeling.

Comedy: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. This isn't what it sounds like, it's about con men. And it features Steve Martin in a con man role, his BEST role. Excellent movie with a truly killer ending.
For comedy throughout the movie, Monty Pythong SFTHG is great.

Honorable mention: Indiana Jones, Temple of doom and last crusade were great, Raiders of the lost arc wasn't as good.
And let's not forget the old, and new, James Bond movies.

For bad movies check out Treasure of the four crowns, a really bad Indiana jones rip-off, Hilarious.

C

Chaos Turtle

Have I mentioned Fight Club?

(Used to be Bladerunner, the Director's Cut)

F

FoundationOfRancor

OMG! I have to tell you guys a story. Me and my friend nick went to see the new bond movie right? It was pure bond and pretty engoyable (I liked the part when hes driving the boat down the road!) Anyway, me and nick wanted to do soemthin with our friend breeane cuz we hadnt seen her fer a while. So we asked her and she said she wanted to see bond. SO me and nick went fer the 4th time with her to see bond. Mid way throught the movie, she fell asleep!!! When we work her up she said she never wanted to see it in the first place!!! Whats up with that!?
Anyway, I relize that this might be alittle off topic, sorry!~

A

Almindhra

I would have to say my favorite movies are:

Gone With the Wind
Schindler's List

I know, so dramatic...And I'm really not that type of person...but those are epic films...Love em'...I also kind of like Wierd Science and Spaceballs...the Joy Luck Club...I used to watch Babes in Toyland when I was younger...And musicals...Music Man...Sound of Music (which I really can't stand now, once you've been in it, its really tiresome)...Hmmm...Ok, thats all for now...

~Almindhra

G

Gryphonclaw

I'm sorry Almindhra, but I have to disagree with you about Gone With The Wind. I have to be honest here, I haven't watched the entire thing through, so there may have been some absolutely brilliant scene that I missed.
But I did watch a significant portion of it, including the end, and I did not like what I saw.
As far as I can tell, it's about the continual crushing of the main characters spirit, and though she never gives up, she never, ever, seems to get a decent break.
I found it very pointless and somewhat depressing.

Feel free to flame me for this.

[Edited by Gryphonclaw (04-11-2000 at 05:02 PM).]

A

Almindhra

But its great...No, I don't really like what the main character, Scarlett, is all about...But the whole South history that is intertwined within it...And Rhett, hes not handsome, but he just has that air about him that makes him stud worthy...The costumes are great...And, well, for the depressing part, life wasn't easy then!...It was a movie that told it like it was...I think...So the author might have had a little freedom with the story...Thats ok...Thats what makes it interesting...And her spirit wasn't broken, thats just it...She was a character full of life...Ah...Anyway...I love it...I have Scarlett's and Rhett's pictures in my room...

M

magicman_moe

heheh i htink that my fav is one of these
the stoned age
dazed and confused
friday
pitch black!! definitly
the matrix of course
die hard1,2,and 3
lethal weapon1,and 2 havent even seen 3 yet dammit
and thats all i can think of but this has to be said
the worst movie in the frickin wourld had to be the nbc/abc made for tv(either way i hate em both)
THE LANGOLIRES
that has to be the most god awfule peice of CRAP i have ever seen... ok i think im done now hehehe

C

Chaos Turtle

For my 301st post I would like to re-iterate that Fight Club is the best movie I've seen in recent memory. It's out on DVD on April 17th. To commemorate the occasion, I will change my signature line.

Z

Zafiram

Well lets see... My Fellow Americans has got to be one of the best political jokes ever! I would say that I could watch that movie over an over. That's it then...