Please help with WW

What will become the dominant deck in extended?

• Sligh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suicide Black

• White Weenie

• Some new combo deck

• Blue controlish thing

• you couldn't care less

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
S

Slug man

I have been playing this deck for a while now, but it isn't wining as much as I would like. Please could anyone give me advice about how to improve it. First I will list the decklist and then how I play it (this could be wrong but I think I play it right).

4x Mother of Runes
4x Soul Warden
4x Soltari Priest
4x Longbow Archers
4x White Knight

4x Swords to Plowshares
4x Dischenchant
4x Armageddon
4x Empyrial Armor
3x Repentence

21x Plains

The deck isn't too complicated: play lots of creatures, and hopefully get an Emprial Armour onto a priest. Geddon secures victory when I am in a good situation, but I feel the deck lacks something. I have been thinking about a couple more shadow creatures like Soltari Monks, but I am not sure. BTW it is an extended deck. Any advice or criticism please.

O

olwen

Tithe and Cataclysm usually works better with Empyrial Armor. I would take out Repentence and Armageddon for those.

D

Densmore

id recommend some sort of resseter like balance in place of armaggeddon and some winter orbs for those repentances

N

NeuroDeus

I always play a Crusade or at least an Anthem when I am using white weenies...

S

Slug man

I agree that repentence is probalby the weakest link in the deck. I though about Catyclysm, as second turn Priest, 3rd turn Armour and 4 turn Catyclsm is very good, but if I get the Catyclsm out late, when I have lots of creatures it isn't as good then.

ps. What is Winter Orb. I haven't been playing long and MTGNews spoiler thing doesn't seem to think it exists.

G

Gizmo

Winter Orb
Artifact
Players can untap only land each turn.

Basically Rising Waters is an expensive Winter Orb. IMHO Winter Orb is the best beatdown card ever printed.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We just posted a White Weenie Primer from rakso and Beyond Dominaria within the last two weeks, I think. Check the front page news and if the link isn't there, go to Weekly Articles and look for stuff by Oscan Tan aka Rakso. I think it's for Type 1 but you can probably adjust it for Extended.

K

krichaiushii

Cateran Emporer has a point....

I have seen a WW primer on Beyond Dominia. I don't have the link, though. Just go to www.bdominia.com, and search from there. Its rather intuitive, so should be easily found.

Maybe replace some of the White Knights with pump knights (Order of the White Shield and/or Order of Leitbur).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, Beyond Dominaria is currently down due to server problems. But the White Weenie Primer is here at the CPA!

M

Mundungu

First, read the primer. It is excellent. Do some research and you'll find it.

Second, White Weenie and Empyrial white are two different beasts.

White weenie empties you hand fast, reducing the effectiveness of Empyrial armor.
For WW you are best with Crusade or Glorious anthem.
Also, whereas Armageddon is a great SB card, i would run it maindeck.

I also assume that you follow Extended rules.

Here is what I would change :

4x Mother of Runes
4x Soul Warden
not really a good shot in a duel, since you want to win on speed, you dont need the life gain.
Replace those with 2 Soltari trooper (1/1 shadow for 1) or toundra wolves (1/1 First strike, give ball lightning a fit)
(two free slots)
4x Soltari Priest
I run 2 priests, two monks. The only other color to fear that has shadow is black ...
4x Longbow Archers
sure
4x White Knight
yep
4x Swords to Plowshares
Essential
4x Dischenchant
run only 2, one disenchant and 1 seal of cleansing (2 free slots)
4x Armageddon
take them out for something else. 2 or 3 Cursed scroll for example.(1 more free slot)
4x Empyrial Armor
In WW, as I said counter productive. Run 3 En-Vec Paladin instead (2/2 FS, pro B, pro R)
3x Repentence
definitly sub par. Rplace with Parallax wave.
21x Plains
WW doesnt need that many lands, you can go down to 16 plains and 4 Wasteland

Now for the "free slots" created in the deck you can add the crusade/glorious anthem.

You have to be focused maindeck. To answer specific decks you have the SB.

So here is what I would play.
1cc
4 mother of rune
2 soltari foot soldier
2 toundra wolves
3 cursed scroll
4 swords to plowshare
2cc
4 White knight
4 longbow archer
2 crusade
2 soltari monk
2 soltari priest
1 disenchant
1 seal of cleansing
3cc
3 En-Vec Paladin
2 Glorious Anthem
4cc
4 Parallax wave

Land
16 plains
4 wasteland

And for the SB, depending on what is being played in you area, some of the goodies include "
Circle of protection X
Ivory mask
Story circle
Armageddon
Wrath of god (you should regain advantage more quickly than your opp.)
Ligth of Day
Soltary visionary
sacred ground
MAsticore
Worship
etc ....

For empyrial white, see the primer.

There are quite a few rares in my additions to your deck, but there are no "overrated" white cards and not many people play white so they should be easy to get.

Enjoy yourself !!!

S

Slug man

I have most of the cards from other WW decks I have made (i love the archtype). I think the new version looks good, does everyone else agree?

J

JetDragon

That last deck just strikes me as really, well, bitty...
Surely so many 1-ofs and 2-ofs are counterproductive?
If you're running odd numbers of a bunch of enchantments I would seriously consider making them *all* 1-ofs and running a base of Enlightened Tutors.
Otherwise I would suggest something like this for non-Empyrial White :

4 Mother of Runes
4 Longbow Archer
4 Soltari Priest
4 Soltari Monk
4 Paladin en-Vec

4 Armageddon (Surely this is one of the best reasons to play the deck? The ability to play hard-to-kill creatures, and then beat people savagely before they can respond?)
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Enchantment/Artifact kill (Take your pick, I would suggest either Disenchant or Aura of Silence. Seal of Cleansing was pretty much a specifically anti-Trix measure, as it was almost your only way to kill them. With that pressure gone, you can relax and switch back to the 3cc Aura.)
4 Crusade (If your area is full of WW, consider Anthem, although as the only Disenchant target in the deck, something else might be worth your while, for example Tithe, to help with maximising Geddon)

4 Wasteland
20 Plains

Other options... Playing it as a more Jank-like deck, with Mox Diamond, Plateau, Tithe and selected red cards, usually including Incinerate, still keeping Geddon. (Mox on the table, Geddon and Tithe in your opponents turn after he drops a land, preferably for 2 Plateaus)

For Empyrial White, Replace the 4 Mother of Runes, 4 Armageddon, 4 Crusade with 4 Empyrial Armour, 4 Cataclysm and 4 Tithe.

Just beware of Masticore... And kill Powder Kegs before they hit 2 counters