4 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's in a cigarette

• Things that taste smooth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Things that taste like crap

• Things that taste like rabbit turds

• Things that ARE rabbit turds(Uh-oh, better get Turd Cutter)

• Total voters
S

Salacious Crumb

Personally, not to offend anyone...
People who smoke, know the hazards, and are proud of it make me sick...
Especially if a family member or significant other died from it...
Hoipa

C

Cateran Emperor

I simply don't care. If you smoke, I'm not about to stop you. You know it's going to kill you, and so you've made your decision. Simply don't do it near me, it smells like excrement.

R

Rando

Well, I'll try not to cry my self to sleep tonight knowing that I make you sick.

Self-rightousness is never a virtue.

I

Istanbul

Smoking affects your health.
Second-hand smoke affects my health.

If you want to give yourself cancer and breathing problems, have fun!
I'll even give you the right to do that to ME, if I get the right to bash your head in with a tire iron.

So...you wanna kill yourself, fine. You wanna smoke around ME, we have a problem.

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

Originally posted by leet
4:20 is afternoon tea time
isn't it 4:00?

Also, at least Rando isn't one of those morons that blames the tobacco company for making him start smoking. In the great words of George Carlin:
Kids don't smoke because a camel in sunglasses tells them to. They smoke for the same reasons adults do because it relieves anxiety and depression.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

leet: He's not a Turd Cutter, but he plays one on the CPA.

My dad smokes. My mom used to smoke, but she eventually stopped. That admission was pointless, so you can ignore it if you like.

Those people who want to sue for damage caused by cigarettes have reason to do so anytime. They probably didn't do it before because there was no precedent for such cases (or at least for the plaintiffs winning). However, they shouldn't get millions of dollars, because this money would be tainted with the miasma the companies made. Plaintiffs should get enough to help cure or at least help treat whatever illness they have, and then give the rest to the government. No amount of money can make up for death or mortal sickness, so an attempt to do so is somewhat misguided.

HOWEVER (!)

Cigarettes should not, should never be, and should never have been available to kids. Even if they hadn't known that cigarettes could be fatal, cigarette companies should have realized what a bad thing it is to make a product that is totally habit-forming and sell it to children, to develop a dependence early. It may even be good business but it's totally unethical. If someone gets hooked on something as a kid, there is little hope of them quitting easily later on. That's when the brain is developping, so there may be a chemical need for nicotine, stronger than there would be if an adult started smoking. Essentially the cigarette companies knew this and decided that they could get kids (most of them, anyway) hooked for life.

However, they did this when they KNEW the effects of cigarettes. This made them killers. Tobacco should never be sold in such large quantities again.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Those people who want to sue for damage caused by cigarettes have reason to do so anytime. They probably didn't do it before because there was no precedent for such cases (or at least for the plaintiffs winning). However, they shouldn't get millions of dollars, because this money would be tainted with the miasma the companies made. Plaintiffs should get enough to help cure or at least help treat whatever illness they have, and then give the rest to the government. No amount of money can make up for death or mortal sickness, so an attempt to do so is somewhat misguided.
Ah, this is a big NO. Surgeon General warnings have been around since the 50's or 60's, and probably since the 80's has it been definitively linked to lung and whatever else stuff is there. Plus all the warnings in print/TV/whatever. Everyone who is smoking now and wants to sue KNEW what they were getting into, yet chose to disregard the future consequences. That's their own dang fault.

Sure, they can sue. But their cases oughta be thrown right out PLUS they should pay for all court costs. They can't have their cake and eat it too...

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

Isn't getting a nicotine patch much cheaper and less stressful than suing?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But unfortunately some people like to blame others for their problems and like to get the "big bucks"...