A Pro, an Editor, and a Hack walk into a bar...

V

Vasco_da_Gama

Greetings all,

Man, you folks just chat about anything around here. I've considered joining the fray a few times, but I don't know if I can hope to keep up with the several hundred conversations that seem to be going on. I think my strategy will be to simply bull straight ahead towards what catches my eye and not worry about anything I might miss along the way. So if anyone wants to get my attention, drop me a line at hackseyeview@yahoo.com. Otherwise, I'll just drop in when I can make a cutting-edge insight. Or when I see an opening for a good satire ;)

Anyway, I had a point around here somewhere....oh yes, there it is. In case you don't know or care, I've been fairly involved in the writer's War, despite the fact that I got trashed in teh first round, from yelling at the folks in charge to IP-protect the blasted thing to making somewhat witty jokes to accompany the matches. I don't know why I've attached myself to it so closely, tis a silly thing, really. But I like silly things. I want to preserve their sacred silliness.

So it bugged me at first when I saw Sol's political play. Darn it, everyone had refrained from going all out on the public campaign trail, but you know that as soon as Name #1 bit, everyone would jump in. Man, even Gary Wise hopped in now!

And then, I simply thought to myself, Gary Wise giving a little play for votes on a CCGPrime thing is bloody SILLY.
Ferrett's followup was friggin' hilarious. Writing my own parody was a blast.

So thanks Sol, for making my day a bit sillier.
You're a fool for trying to out-weasel The Ferrett, but thanks anyway ;)

But that New Wave play was weak ;)

Cheers
Vasco Da Gama

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's true, unless you have a few hours to devote to this place, you pretty much have to skim the new threads and pick and choose which ones to follow. I'm pretty sure most people go that route...

glad you're here, hop in anywhere...

see fuzzy, here's someone who's been here since September yet this was his first post... ;)

Z

Zadok001

Good day, sir. :) It was fun reading Malka's article - He was horribly off-base, but it was funny as all get out. Reading your response just made it funnier. Silly political Magic players. You can't sway the entirity of the CPA to your side with an article. We're FAR to wierd to take THAT.

D

Duel

You know, this is the only site anarchistic enough to make posting that article here have repercussions. LESS people might vote for them now. I find that hilarious!

Otherwise, I'm glad you posted.

I think that the writer's war has tapped into the impotent rage that many people felt about the election, which was won *cough*visciouslystolen*cough* by a man who DID advertise an awful lot....

A rant at the ferret's worth two at the Bush....

C

Cateran Emperor

Ah, anarchistic is good!

I didn't vote before, and now I'm convinced that I did the right thing. ;)

D

Duel

hmmmm.... I'm gonna have to skim the member list and see if anyone else I recognize is on it, now.....

C

Cateran Emperor

Wow, I didn't realize Spidey had a job description...

I'll have to make one up.

#1: Contradict fuzzy

Wait, that one's taken. Ah well, plenty of things to contradict, so I'll keep it there.