CPA cards for Apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Istanbul

Istanbul 3UUB
Summon Wizard Legend
1/4
1: Istanbul gets -1/+1 until end of turn.
1: Istanbul cannot be the target of spells or effects until end of turn.
UU, T: Counter target spell.
"Wellllll...NO."

S

shafe 3:16

I have been working on a set of my own. right now it is in the graohics stage. I noticed alot of people who came up with cards, but not many abilities. I have thought of over 15. I am only using a few in my set. Here are some examples:

ERASE: When you cast a spell with ERASE, before it resolves or comes into play look through your hand, graveyard and deck for all copies of that card and remove them from the game.

EX: Time after Time u2
Sorcery
Erase
You may take a turn after this one.

Sort of like labotomizing your self. This gives you an exscuse to cast spells and creatures that are powerful without overpowering your opponent.

BUILDING: It is not only a creature ability, but a creature type. When a creature with BUILDING comes into play, all BUILDERS gain the power, toughness and all abilities on creature that has come into play.

EX: If I control a 3/3 BUILDER and you play a creature with BUILDING that is a 1/1. My creature will become a 1/1 creature with BUILDING. This lasts till my creature is killed or another creature comes into play with BUILDING.

I have more, but these are the only kind I have play tested. It is a fun set and I hope to finish it soon.

C

Chaos Turtle

Spells that 'erase' themselves could be very interesting. They would restrict themselves, but allow the opponent to look thru your library and hand (the only fair way to handle the ability). At the same time, it reduces your deck size by 3 cards (assuming you use 4).

Interesting.

More abilities, please.

Also, did we ever come to any kind of agreement on the artifice issue?

C

Chaos Turtle

Okay, y'all.
What does everyone think of a cycle of lands with abilities as such:

(Allied color dual)
Tap: Add 1 mana...
Tap: Add A or B to your mana pool and target opponent gains 2 life.

(Opposed color dual)
Tap: Add 1 mana...
Tap: Add A or C to your mana pool and target opponent gains 3 life.

Would these be used? Are they too good? Not good enough?

Most importantly, how about suggesting some names? Make your suggestions like this

ColorA/ColorB: NameOfCard

(i.e. Blue/Black: Underground Lake)

Thanks

F

FoundationOfRancor

I think all those abilties are cool. I like ERASE but building might be confusing and it just reminds me of that shapeshifter from tempest. (THat was a fun card though) I still like the artifice name "Artifice" or "Basic" anyway, we gotta be careful when makin all these new abilities and mechanics that we just dont re create old staple cards with these new abilities (stone rain, boomerang, giant growth..." so lets refrain from makin those. Just to completely destroy what I just said, heres a cool idea for a couple of cards...

Wrath of Fading WW
Enchantment
Fading 1
When this sucker leaves play, BURY all them creatures.

Wrath of LIFE W
Enchantment
Fading: 6
When this leaves play, gain 10 (20?) life.

Cool eh?

I

Istanbul

Well, I posted this in Card Ratings, but I figure I may as well post it here.

Martyr's Call 2WW
Enchantment
2W: Sacrifice a creature. Target opponent chooses and sacrifices a creature he or she controls.
1: Martyr's Call is colorless until end of turn.

Thoughts?

C

Chaos Turtle

For the record, any fading ability that has a benefit upon leaving play outght to include the clause "if there are no fade counters on ~" to be sure that the countdown is not circumvented by enchantment removal or bounce effects.

Another question:

I've noticed a few people commenting in other threads that the Black/White Knights are undercosted and should be 1WW/1BB instead of WW/BB. There is a pro:red Knight in this set and I am ready to adjust the mana cost to 1WW but I am curious to know what other people think of that.

Thanks.

One more thing... should I restart this thread? It seems that since it's gotten so large, replies to it have dwindled.

Thanks again!

D

Dune Echo

I like the card ideas everyone! If I had time to play Apprentice, I'd use a lot of them. I really like your Martyr card Istanbul.

CT: Please tell me you didn't butch my original idea for the Cursed Moxes too, did you? I haven't see their form lately. Also, would someone playtest those for me, possibly in their original form so that I can see if they are tournament worthy, but not broken?

S

shafe 3:16

Here are some more abilities I have thought of:

EXCHANGE: A card with EXCHANGE can be exchanged for a card in that player's graveyard with EXCHANGE equal to the exchanged card's exchange rating.

EX: Moss growth g1
Sorcery
Exchange:2
gain 4 life

What is important about this ability is that you would have to make cards that go with each other well. I could exchange this card for another card like this one that is in my graveyard.

Moss potion g
instant
exchange:2
target creature gains +2/+2 till end of turn.

So a Exchange:1 can get a exchange:1 card from your graveyard. So on and so on....

MUTATE: When a creature with mutate goes to a graveyard from play it becomes an creature enchantment that creature gains the abilities and power and toughness equal to the creature with mutate. You must play the mutate creature enchantment on a creature or bury it(your opponents creatures count as well)

Ex: I have 2 creatures out. One is a 2/2 flyer with mutate. The other is a 1/1. My opponent shocks my 2/2.When he goes to the graveyard he becomes an creature enchantment that reads "Enchanted creature gains +2/+2 and flying"

Just some more ideas.....

C

Chaos Turtle

I remember our discussion about these cards. I was under the impression that we had come to an agreement on how bad the drawback needed to be, including the addition of the ability to sacrifice the Cursed Mox by paying 1 life.

Whatever the CPAers decide in the end is what I'll go with (it's them I'm doing this for, not myself).
Additionally, at your request, I will simply remove them from the datafile; they are, after all, your ideas.

Here is the version you sent me.
Cursed Mox Emerald
Artifact
Whenever an artifact is tapped, you lose 1 life.
T: Add G to your mana pool and lose 1 life.
This is the version currently in the datafile.
Cursed Mox Emerald
Artifact
Whenever an artifact becomes tapped, you lose 1 life.
Tap: Add one green mana to your mana pool.
Pay 1 Life: Destroy Cursed Mox Emerald.
As I recall, your position is that the drawback must be severe enough to prevent abuse.

I am of the opinion that the original drawback (2 damage just for tapping the Mox, assuming no other Moxen in play) was so tough that it would preclude the card ever being played. Tapping the current version of the Mox will still cost 1 life per Mox in play, a savings of 1 life per tap.

D

Dune Echo

I know... I was just jibing you really... I'm cool with it. Actually, if someone could playtest both ideas, if your version proves balanced enough (mostly in Vintage is my concern), then I think I'll change them to your version.

LMK!

C

Chaos Turtle

Speaking of playtesting...
I've got one more week of school then a week of finals. Shortly thereafter, I should have a preliminary version of the patch ready for testing (looking for mistakes, mainly). The point would be for anyone who wants to, to add the patch and use it in order to help find any errors as well as evaluate the consistency, balance and playability of the cards.

Shortly thereafter, the 'real' patch will be made available, and we can get on with this thing...maybe have an online tournament or something.

A

Almindhra

Tag Guard

I came up with these cards for my own personal Almindhra theme...And it took me awhile, and some are weird...

Valley of Dreams - Legendary Land
Comes into play tapped
Tap: produce a colorless
XUU Tap: Look through the top X cards of your library and put them back in any order
Somehow she knew what would happen before anyone did.

Hidden Barrier 1UU
- Enchantment
If at any time your opponent controls 2 or more lands than you, becomes an enchant land targetting one of your lands and gains the abilty
UUU Tap: Counter target spell

Almindhra, Illusion Weaver UUU
-Legendary Illusionist
U Tap: Sacrifice a land to counter target spell
2/2
"When night falls and you lie to rest is the time when I awake and silently destroy your thoughts." - Almindhra, Dream Terror

Mirage Isle
-Legendary Land
Tap: Produce 1 colorless
2U tap: Sacrifice to remove all of target players lands from the game until end of turn
"Try to stop me, you own nothing" - Almindhra, Dream Terror

C

Chaos Turtle

No.
Under "New Card Ideas" silly.

Ed, can we close this thread by any chance? It is unwieldy. Can I close my own threads? If so, how?

Thanks!

A

Almindhra

I thought I was told not to post wherever I did...There are too many of these new card posts out there

Status
Not open for further replies.