Arts at Magicsur.com

A

arhar

Yea! It's a dwarf! Death to all wimpy elves!!!! WHOOOOO!

err, sorry.

BTW, Quinton Hoover still does art, but I think he lost his talent. Check out Wandering Stream - it looks pretty bland and generic when he uses colors... I miss Earthbind and Vesuvan Doppleganger :(

And RKF used to rule too! Solkanar had the coolest art !

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i like the art he did for dakkon better then the stuff he did for sol'kanar, and baron sengir, he probably doesn't do anymore art for them, cause he reached the limit when he did practically every piece of art in legends :)

S

Salacious Crumb

For some reason, i don't much care for a gerrard card. Give me a good old thrull anyday.

Hoipa

M

mogg bomber

Wow, those are nice. I just hope that Cromat is as cool as the art makes it look. And I'm really glad to see dwarves back in a set, the last set I can remember having any was Weatherlight.

W

Will, the Serra Avatar

That new dwarf looks cool. I just hope the card is as good as the art.

The Emblazoned Golem also looks good. Maybe we'll be seeing artifacts with kicker? (note the Coalition symbol on the Golem)

I'd guess that Desolation Angel is a red/white with kicker or white with a red kicker.

Maybe we'll be seeing green flyers now, or green cards with blue kickers? Anavolver looks like it might have a blue or white kicker. Cromat looks like it's gonna be a green/blue card, and it looks like it will be big.

S

Sammy Dead-O

...on the Minotaur. I do love my cows.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Whirlpool Warrior is all about. They are giving Fish a push with the last few sets, aren't they?

V

Vasco_da_Gama

Or are you guys just inferring from the art?
Promoting fish is cool, but I'd like it if they were promoting Goblins too! A gobbo deck right on the edge of playability would be great fun.

S

Sammy Dead-O

Just inferring from the art. Whirlpool Warrior definitely looks to be a 'folk, although it's possible it'll end up as a Wizard or something.

I'm with you on the Goblins. I love to beat down with the little guys. Seventh is good for both Fish and Goblins, I think...we got Coral Merfolk and Goblin Raider (which should be a great help to Sligh). I was actually working on a Gobbo deck for regionals, and there's something...unsettling...about using Mogg Jailer, Mogg Toady, and Goblin Elite Infantry. That spot's hard to fill these days.

L

Lotus Mox

apparently pwrchild returned to the mtgnews.com rumor boards with some Apocalypse info:

Desolation Angel
3BB
Creature - Angel
5/4
Kicker <WW>
Flying
When Desolation Angel comes into play, destroy all lands you control. If you paid the kicker cost, destroy all lands instead.

Caves of Koilos
Land
<T>: Add one colorless mana to your mana pool.
<T>: Add <W> or <B> to your mana pool. Cave of Koilos deals 1 damage to you.

There's one for every opposed color pair.

Cromat
WUBRG
Creature - Legend
5/5
<WB>: Destroy target creature blocking or blocked by Cromat.
<UR>: Cromat gains flying until end of turn.
<BG>: Regenerate Cromat
<RW>: Cromat gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
<GU>: Put Cromat on top of its owner's library.

There is a "flagbearer" mechanic similar to the "magnet" mechanic of the unofficial Chaos Magic list.

It basically states that if a spell or ability can target a flagbearer, it must.
That's all I have found. :)

V

Vasco_da_Gama

Though I wonder if Cromat will ever be played competitively ;)

Flagbearer huh...interesting, give it to a guy with high toughness or can be given pro something...

Urza's Firing Range 1
Artifact Creature

Flagbearer
0/4

Heh, thats how to counter Rage ;)

L

Lotus Mox

Apocalypse will be mostly about opposed-colored cards, there are even opposed colored Split cards:

Night/Day
B / 2W
Instant
Night = Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
Day = Creatures Target player controls get +1/+1 until end of turn.

There is one split card for each opposite color pair. The others are:

Order/Chaos
Life/Death
Fire/Ice
Illusion/Reality
Although I'm a bit sceptical about those new split cards, the names aren't as creative as the old ones.

L

Lotus Mox

here's another one:

Minotaur Illusionist
3UR
Creature - Minotaur
3/4
<1U>: Minotaur Illusionist can't be the target of spells or abilities this turn.
<R>, Sacrifice Minotaur Illusionist: Minotaur Illusionist deals damage equal to its power to target creature.

L

Lotus Mox

Vindicate
1WB
Sorcery
Destroy target permanent.

Goblin Legionnare
RW
Creature - Goblin
2/2
<R>, Sacrifice Goblin Legionnaire: Goblin Legionnaire deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
<W>, Sacrifice Goblin Legionnaire: Prevent the next two damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn.
These are the cards from sideboard magazine