To Arms!

Read below, then choose.

• Yes! I want Jaya back!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flavor text sucks. Focus on the game.

• Jaya Ballard? Is that one of the Nine Titans? I wanna foil Jaya!

• Total voters
M

mogg bomber

Nope, Jolrael is only a powerful mage, not a planeswalker. And as for an actual reason for the flavor text change, this is probably a long shot but. . . the magic storyline team, writers, etc. check in on the phyrexia.com message board. This may not sound important, but Wandering Mage is one of the long time posters over there, along with Draco(who's been posting for well over a year, yet was just made a planeshift card. coincidence? maybe, maybe not.)

H

Hetemti

Until they name a R/W dragon after me, I won't be sold on that one. (22 signees so far)

B

Baron Sengir

I just copped out and took a card already in existence.

I remain
The Baron
Too sleepy to think

E

ErinPuff

If they name a card ErinPuff, I'll go on a rampage and seriously injure whoever picked such a frighteningly mundane, silly name for a **MAGIC** card.. ;) :D

F

Firestorm

Well hey, they made a card for the Almighty Planewalking Zodiac Chicken(getting 4 in mail :D), I think it is reasonable so long as it is better than Latualla...

D

Duel

Don't want a Jaya card. THat's just wrong. Like having a Mishra card.....

N

nanokill

we have to get the jaya quotes reinstated, the quote from incinerate is one of my alltime favorite quotes.that and king cheetah's :) ..THEY CAN'T GET RID OF HER...i am soooo in. sign me up...i mean i have walked around with the quote on my notebook ever since i first read the card

D

Duel

Jaya Ballard is the only reason to play red. Now I'll have to go back to g/u, and break the format with THAT!

C

Chaos Turtle

It's not that the flavor text was rotated, but that it was kept the same, and attributed to a (generic) Task Mage, rather than to Jaya Ballard, who is the Task Mage.

I'm more or less with you though. Don't care. But I think it's stupid to keep the text the same and take away the original "speaker's" name, and if there's anything I can't stand (actually, there are about 3 things) it's pointless stupidity.

H

Hetemti

Thanks for the hump...er...bump, K9! ;)

We need more signees! Spread the word!

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'd be willing to add my name to the list of those who support Jaya

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes.

From what I remember, she allied herself with Kaervak but found out she was being used or he was a bad guy or whatever so she switched sides.

W

Will, the Serra Avatar

~signs his name on the petition~

Jaya Ballard must live! She is the speaker of some of the best flavor text in Magic, and I'd be willing to do this in return for all of the creatures and players I've toasted with Incinerate. Toasted without the possibility of regeneration, that is.

S

Salacious Crumb

*sigh*... So... exactly what do you plan to do with this "petition" of yours?:D

Hoipa

D

Duel

The same thing we do with all our petitions:
Complain how WOTC doesn't care about them!

They never did get Waylay right, did they?

D

Darsh

Sign me up, Jaya has all of my favorite quotes and I don't even like red that much...now I just need to read the 3rd Ice Age book...