Some Enchanted Evening

R

rkoelsch

This decklist is under the new type 2. I should probably do some things to speed this up but it is hot off the drawing board with no practice as yet.

4-Yavimaya Enchantress
4-Verduran Enchantress
4-Charging Troll

4-Sterling Grove
2-Seal of Cleansing
2-Lashknife Barrier
2-Armadillo Cloak
1-Ancestral Mask
2-Dueling Grounds
1-Vernal Equinox
4-Parallax Wave
2-Arrest
1-Rowen

3-Eladamri's Call

3-Brushland
3-Elfhame Palace
2-Kor Haven
8-Forest
7-Plain

This will be great until green decks start packing tranquility. Any ideas or comments are welcome.

G

Griffith_se

That looks similar to a deck I made for current T2.
Do you want to see?
OK, here it is anyway. :)

Its a casual deck I made to play against Spiderman on Apprentice.

- Creatures-
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Verduran Enchantress
4 Quirion Elves
2 Blinding Angel

-White Enchantments-
4 Cho-Manno's Blessing
3 Seal of Cleansing
3 Shackles
1 Story Circle

-Green Enchantments-
4 Ancestral Mask
1 Vernal Equinox

-Multi-color Enchantments-
4 Dueling Grounds
3 Sterling Grove
3 Armadillo Cloak

- Lands-
8 Forest
4 Plains
4 Brushland
4 Kor Haven

Some nice cards to use to take advantage of Verduran are ones that bounce back to your hand.
Whip silk
So maybe use
Shackles over Arrest.

Fun deck. :)

R

rkoelsch

how was the mana? was it fast enough. I don't like having 4 Kor Havens in a deck. I had 2 in my counter rebel deck and I can't tell you how many time I would draw in the first 10 cards. So annoying. Also I didn't want to play with too many creature enchantments so I wouldn't be giving away as much card advantage.

G

Griffith_se

I think the Mana was ok. The deck plays like combo.

It started very slow.

I think He was playing WW, Its hard to remeber.

But I do remember that I kind of Locked him down when I got Dueling grounds into play.

Then I started attacking with a Pro White Masked for 10 Bird.

He beat Me down to about six before I gained control, its kinda hard to play.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it was IBC and I took one of the decks from an IBC thread here (can't remember it, maybe I'll look it up if I have the time); it was a B/R burn beatdown type deck or a B/R/U counter/creature type deck (right Griffy?). The Dueling Grounds is what caught me; I could have swarmed her with my more powerful creatures if it wasn't for that. However, I countered or Terminated spells or targets for the Blessing/Mask/Cloak. So it's really the Grounds you have to protect, at least from that kind of deck (whatever I was playing).

[I just saw Griffy's reply, she snuck it in before I submitted mine]

Oh, if you remember white then it was this aggressive U/W/B deck I got from that thread. I'll see if I can find it Monday.

G

Griffith_se

I'm pretty sure You where playing WW. In the IBC game I played a Warp devotion deck.

R

rkoelsch

drawing them when you don't have a creature. That is kinda why I am using more global enchantments.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From my viewpoint, it was more a matter of getting creatures and putting them out to stem the tide of my weenies. I also seemed to have StP at the right time but as she said, I usually beat her down to 6-8 before she managed to stablize things with a Dueling Grounds (and dumb me wasted my Disenchant on something else, not realizing at the time that it was the key card).

G

Griffith_se

I don't think so, it seemed that I always had a creature to play them on. I think the key is Cho-Manno's Blessing.

L

Llan

4 Birds are a must...1st turn Bird, 2nd turn Cloak, thirs turn Mask...booom
nowadays you can play with blue and add Questing phelddagrif

I

Istanbul

Might Whip Silk not be an evil card-drawing engine?

Whip Silk G
Enchant Creature
<ability unimportant...can block flyers now, blah blah>
G: Return Whip Silk to your hand.

With an Enchantress out, Whip Silk reads 'GG: Draw a card'.

M

mpgsheep

broken fall works like whipsilk, but lets u regenerate ure enchantresses, and draw cards too. My friend has an enchantress deck, its kinda funny, but main problem is concentration of cards on one creature, loses cared advantage