Lucas Hager Cheated Oh What Shall We Do

S

Squee

I was reading lucas hagers report, in a game versus Yasuhiro He made a mistake and won because of it, Yasuhiro is at 7 he has a crosis in play vs Mongoose, Skizzik and thornscape familiar. Lucas drops a kavu runner and attacks. Kavu runner CANT ATTACK Crosis is Blue After he swings he would receive a game loss and match loss. Bringing his record to 3-4 at the end, guess what 3-4 would not make day 2. oh What shall we do???

T

TeamRegime.com

Take all his cards..slap super glue to the backs of em' and paste them to his naked body and have em' walk down 5th Avenue singing the song "I Love you, You Love me...."

I

Istanbul

Realize that Magic: The Gathering is a game, that it never should have gotten this serious in the first place, and get on with our lives?

I

Istanbul

Dementia, it would be truly impossible to recapture the game state. Even if all cards in play and cards in hand and cards in players' graveyards were carefully documented, the next card in each player's library would be different.

Of course, I still like my answer better.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a question: Where was the opponent and why did he "turn over his cards" for Lucas to play? 'Cause it sounds like he was nappin'...

The honorable thing for Lucas to do is to 'fess up and come clean and right the wrong. But really, I don't think there's much we CAN do. I don't think we want to get into the habit of policing every tournament and making sure no one's cheating.

G

Gizmo

If nobody spotted it, then it`s just one of those things.

C

Chaos Turtle

I'm willing to call it a mistake. Yasuhiro should have noticed that the attack was illegal. Even if Hager was deliberately trying to cheat his opponent, that opponent screwed up by allowing it to happen.

Both players are responsible for keeping track of the game state. Even if he had fessed up after the match results were recorded, it's too late to do anything about it. So sorry.

F

fuzzy510

Stop caring! Is Yasuhiro a member here? No? Then why should anybody on the CPA care? Since when did the CPA get involved with other people's problems????

M

magicman_moe

hehe as much as i like fuzzys idea, whatever happen to a rematch? if there was a mistake just redo it.. thats what my freinds and i do. if we screwed up during a game and found out lata, we threw the game out and had a rematch. its not hard to understand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
fuzzy: That wasn't the point. I believe the CPA stands for EVERYONE, whether they're a member or not. That was why we had that big discussion over that person's suspension in CPA Magic Issues forum a couple of months ago. Plus, if it WAS something we should get involved in, it'd raise the CPA's profile and bring more people.

Just because they're not members doesn't mean we exclude them.

magicman_moe: Redo a match? In tourney play? I don't think that EVER happens... and if so, very rarely ;)

F

fuzzy510

Sorry Spidey. I didn't see that discussion. It must have shown up during my January/February absence.

Anywho, I still don't think that there's anything that we can and should do. Otherwise, wouldn't it have already happened?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think we (the CPA) pretty much decided that it was a multitude of game errors on both players' parts and no need for us to get involved.

S

Squee

Umm I started this post in sort of a sarcastic tone just to point out he cheated not for us (the CPA) 2 get involverd

D

Duel

Okay, just a line I loved:
Since when did the CPA get involved with other people's problems????
ROFLMAO!

Ed Fear?
Bashing Aaron Forsynthe & Shawn Jackson?
Um... let me think.... waylay errata?

We've been tampering in the lives of others since we were created. BTW, Squee is my brother, he posted it as a trivial bit of information, and didn't actually expect anyone to do anything about it. He just thought you should all know that occasionally, mistakes happen, even to good players.

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Squee
Umm I started this post in sort of a sarcastic tone just to point out he cheated not for us (the CPA) 2 get involverd
Cheated, or made a mistake? There's a difference; a BIG difference. Heck, in my Type 1 White Weenie deck, I accidentally had five Worships in there one tournament. Did I cheat? I don't think so. I made a mistake. Once I found it, I called a judge, showed him, gave my opponent the match, and dropped from that tournament.

Careful how you use the word 'cheat'. It's very powerful and, as one superhero who frequents these boards says, with great power comes great responsibility.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Squee: Smilies such as this one :rolleyes: would help immensely in conveying your intent. The only slightly sarcastic tone was the last "Oh, what shall we do" but it was still unclear...