RPG, Chapter Two: The Road East

N

Naren

"It's a nice enough day. At least it's not raining." he remarks gruffly.

He walks on in silence, but his eyes are drawn back to Archway a couple of times.

He leans towards Jaspar "Where are you all going?"

R

Rando

Originally posted by Rando
For the first time in many days, the clouds are breaking and it seems that a nice day may be in store. It's a little chilly, and a little breazey, but all in all, good traveling weather.

E

EricBess

** You expected me to remember that way up there??? :)

"We're going on an adventure," Jaspar states with a glint in his eye. "If your heading by way of Reedtown, we certainly wouldn't mind a little extra company."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Said in a polo shirt and lying on the couch:

"Where are YOU going? Ha, ha, ha..."

No, I'm kidding.

What Dorgath REALLY says (back in period dress and trudging on the road):

"Do you have any news you might be able to share with us about the area?"

N

Naren

"I know little of this area. Reedtown seems as good a place as any." He quickly scans each of you in turn.

"You're going on an adventure?", a brief smile, "Dangerous?"

E

EricBess

Jaspar smiles, seeing that we understand each other, "Wouldn't be much point if it wasn't, would it now?"

D

Daggertooth

"It has its dangers as do all quests." I eye him questionly, "what about you, where you headin?"

Nychus is taking up the rear of the party. Having not paid attention to the destination, Nychus was content to let the seasoned Adventurers lead the way. I have my Long bow and 16 normal arrows. I also have two short swords in reletively new leather scarabs hanging by my side.

N

Naren

"I'm not really headed any where. It's more a matter of where I've come from. Which, before you ask, isn't important any more." He seems reluctant to talk about the matter.

"I'll join your quest. Who's the leader?"

E

EricBess

** A couple of us have taken to putting our character name in the subject line. I noticed a couple people doing it a while back, so I started. It makes it easier to keep track of who's who. I think it would be cool if we all started doing that (minus Rando and anyone we don't know, of course :) ).

"We travel in the presence of a great wurm hunter," The words are casual, but Jaspar pays particular attention to any reaction the stranger might have to the remark.

N

Naren

He keeps his eyes fixed on Jaspar "Really? Which one of you is the great dragon slayer then?"

S

sageridder

*** How has archway reacted or has he reacted to this traveler?I bring myself into a position to see the faces of archway and the traveler if possible.***
"Well traveler I am called Zilore,But I don't belive I caught your name."
***I'm not sure what to make of this yet.So my hand that is outside of thier view,I mean that if they are on my right i'll use my left or vise versa is resting on the pommel of my katana.***

R

Rando

To all players -
Archway addresses the stranger...

"Tis I, Archway De'Gris of Antheer. I have gathered this brave band from the town of Habbendale scarce 5 miles behind us. Due to the dangerous nature of our quest, any help would be apreciated, and you have a kind enough face."

He turns to speak to the whole party, "Do any have an objection to this man joining with us? And who shall share thier horse?"

As for what Archway may be feeling, he just seems to have the same "Rah-rah-rah, go get 'um" attitude he always does. If he dislikes or is suspicious of this stranger, you can't tell.

N

Naren

"Well met Zilore", he says, "My name is...", the pause, just a little too long, as if he's unused to his name somehow, "Naren".

"And the rest of you are?"

**pretend this post was before Rando's**

N

Naren

Naren smiles. "So, you're the dragon slayer. Well met." He reaches out his hand to shake Archway's.

E

EricBess

"I am Jaspar Kaine, at your humble service. Allow me to present Dorgath, Nychus, Anakis, Taranec and Casnar (Where is Ransac, anyway?). As Zilore and Archway have already introduced themselves, that's everyone.

"Well, that settles it then, you shall ride with us. While not opposed to sharing my saddle, I typically prefer someone a bit more feminine," Jaspar grins, "perhaps it would be more comfortable to share with the elf, who takes up a bit less room. I would suggest one of the dwarves, but we all know they can be a bit testy at times," Jaspar sends a wink back to the two dwarves so they know he is joking.

N

Naren

Naren lets out a nervous laugh, and glances at the dwarves.

Now you come to think of it, Naren, though human at first glance, looks a little dwarvish. It could be his build or facial feautes.... you can't quite put your finger on it, but it's definately there....

R

Rando

To all players -

Archway climbs down from his horse, removes his glove, and shakes Neren's hand. "Well met, dear sir. I'm sure you will have many stories with which to entertain us on out journey. Jaspar! Do you know any good traveling songs so our new friend may feel more at ease in the company of strangers. And, Anakis! Where is that sack of spare provisions?"

S

sageridder

***Thinking about the weight and length of this trip,I ride over to casnar.***
"Climb on,would be easier on the back of this poor beast than for naren and I."
***I help casnar to climb on.***
"Well sir naren would seem you now have a steed."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* EricBess, good idea. I was noticing that too about the names... *

Dorgath mutters a welcome to Naren but tries to study his features as to indeed identify him as a dwarf. Unobstrusively, of course.