First Combo

M

mpgsheep

My question to everyone, is what was their first "combo". Mine would have to be Metathran Elite + Sigil of Sleep. Man that was so awesome when i first started to play.

G

Gerode

The first combo I created was Familiar Ground / Goblin War Drums, making all my creatures unblockable. Unfortunately, that combo didn't work well.

D

DÛke

...I was 16 years old. I just came from my local card shop with a Humility and a Gerrard's Battle Cry. I put both cards in a random deck (my decks used to be like 120 cards)...I played a game with my brother. The deck was consisted of all colors (beginner’s trade mark), and it took me a long, long time to get both Humility and Gerrard's Battle Cry into play...but when I did, it was great (for a beginner like me). I was so happy...for like 2 turns. 2 turns later, my brother simply tranquilized the battlefield with (DUH!) Tranquility…

...Good ol'days...

T

Teferi

my first original combo, not one i stole was

1st turn goblin welder
2nd kris mage+volatic key
3rd using kris' power discard a collosus of sardia, switch with welder+key lather rinse repeat

i was never really that into combos b4, and this was my first home made one, not really a combo though

E

ErinPuff

Island + Merfolk of the Pearl Trident

I was kickin' butt.. until I realized my opponent was playing Forest + Forest + Grizzly Bears..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
... mine was Taiga/Kird Ape.

Then it was Channel/Force of Nature.

Then I wised up to Channel/Fireball :)

I

Istanbul

I gotta give this one to Channel-Lotus-Fireball, though I've gone through all manner of combos, from Familiar Ground / Goblin War Drums to Corpse Dance / Altar of Dementia to Seismic Assault / Hallowed Ground / Planar Rebirth (I dare you).

S

Sidar Jabari

Cockatrice - Mammoth Harness or Benalish Hero (to get rid of the flying)- Lure - Regenrate

At that point I hadn't even seen a Thicket Basilisk!

It later got modified to

Basilisk - Lure - Jangling Automaton

T

theorgg

Transmutationalism and shrink.

Hey, lookie here!

POOF!
whatta wimp.

either also worked great on Ball Lightnin'.

M

Mr_Pestilence

My first combo was Pestilence (yep, even then) and Giant Shark! Here's how it works, in case you don't remember Giant Shark.

Step 1: attack w/ GS (4/4; +2/+0 and Trample if Giant Shark is blocked by a creature that has been damaged this turn).
Step 2: do 1 point of Pestilence.
End result: Block, and the Shark gains +2 and Trample, and does a major beatdown on any wimps that block it. Don't block, and take 4 from the mighty Shark!

Fun, fun, fun!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

First combo was Funeral March and Teferi's Curse on the same creature....

Second combo was Bog Rats + Joven's Tools......

I sucked.