[b]I LOVE APPRINTICE![/B]

T

theorgg

I think that says enough. I just realized how great it is for decklists and such. everyone that doesn't have it should get it and try it out, at least once.

www.dragonstudios.com

just some frendly advice.:{ )

dammit. you can't change the title of the post. oh well.

[Edited by theorgg (11-23-1999 at 04:24 PM).]

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

D

Dune Echo

How long does it take to download?

------------------
Dune Echo

No! I'm not going by the name, "Buttnugget", Ross.

Ferret

Staff member
It's pretty small and it's free, but I just don't like it. As soon as I get my Cable Modem connection back I'm going to try lots of people to play w/ Encyclopedia - I like the purdy pictures!

-ferret

"...tapping just looks nicer that way..."

S

Spidermage

I agree with Ferret. The pics are nice. Besides, the few times I've tried apprentice I found that I needed an issue of Inquest on hand to look up cards, which got my opponents upset because it was taking me too long to play. Now if I can just find people at the WotC matching server that play decks on the same level as my Pestilence Multiplier or Kobold decks... :)

Since I won't be posting all that often, just think of me as the Hidden Spider :)

S

Spart

Hidden, you don't need an inquest to figure out what the cards do. In apprentice you can just move the mouse over a card and leave it for a moment and a description will pop up. That being said I agree that apprentice isn't great for playing against people although I do like it for test draws.

T

theorgg

spart, you little fart,
what do you expect?
the program is free,
you won't get all wet.

If price isn't a concern,
I'd have all the cards,
not missing one,
but since I don't
free's great to have fun.

in lyricae stercusian,

sic semper,

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

S

sorcerer

I don't care what anyone says apprentice is a great program. It being free just makes it better.

Destiny,chance,fate,fortune-they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures.
-Gerrard of the Weatherlight

T

theorgg

sorcerer, do you have icq? I'm trying to get a list of people to play on app. with using icq.
what's your number?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-theorgg

A callow knight in armor,
Appropriatly brave,
Displayed his lack of wisdom
and charged into my cave.

He challanged me to battle,
In moments it was through.
He made a tasty morsel-
His horse was tasty, too.

-Jack Prelutsky,
"Ogrebrad"
published in Monday's Troll,1997 scholastic

D

Dune Echo

Hey Orgg! I have Apprentice finally. We have to play sometime.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I got it too, and Orgg, you're right! Apprentice DOES rock! I don't have ICQ, though I'm planning on going there next, but maybe I'll see you on the chat page. I probably won't be on till after midnight though...

TomB
CPA Member

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
An update: I got ICQ though I'm still unsure how to use it. My number is 60577320.

Damn, did that file take a while to download!

TomB
CPA Member

A

arhar

Hi, i'm a new CPA member(see the new members area), and I already have Apprentice. But. Is there any way to play against a computer? My ICQ is 6268181.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
arhar, Welcome aboard! :D

Near as I can tell, there is no AI to play against in Apprentice, though you can use it to do the goldfish method by choosing the solitaire mode. Personally I've always thought it was better to practice against real opponents though, if you're serious about getting better, and I've only once been unable to find a game by going to http://www.planeswalker.com/

Just click on IRC and Web Chat, then choose the Web Chat option. You'll find an opponent there in no time. Hook up after midnight and you might even find yourself playing me! ;)

TomB
CPA Member

T

theorgg

apprintice is a simple program designed to allow people to play over the internet.
adding an artificial intellegence to the program would cause it to be mutch larger.

If you have to play only yourself, open the program twice(open it, downsize it, then open it with the shortcut again).
this method will somtimes turn the two decks you open into the same(a nasty glitch), but the actual decks saved are unaltered.

another great place to play games is by having a few people to play with on icq.

S

superguy

Hi everyone, Im kinda new in casualplayers, but I do have apprentice and ICQ if anyone wants to play check if I'm monline, and send me a message. My number is 50871313. For authorization just say you're there to play apprentice, and I'll authorize you.