7th Edition Partial spoiler - 203 cards!

S

shade2k1

Hey, guys! This is my first time venturing this board, so I decided I'd bring a little present with me! I've been a regular on Mtgnews for some time now, but due to the current state of things over there (spammers), I'm looking to start posting on a new site! I see from perusing this board that Cateran Emperor has been the resident 7th Edition informer around here, but I have a few cards from some pretty reliable sources that have not been posted here yet, so I decided to share. I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, so if anyone has any probs with my posting this stuff, just LMK. The cards with question marks by them are "unconfirmed (from a less reliable source)." Thanks to NeuroDeus for referring me here!

WHITE (44)
Angelic Page
Breath of Life
Castle
Circle of Protection: Black
Circle of Protection: Blue
Circle of Protection: Green
Circle of Protection: Red
Circle of Protection: White
Cloudchaser Eagle
Crossbow Infantry
Disenchant
Eager Cadet
Elite Archers
Gerrard's Wisdom
Glorious Anthem
Healing Salve
Heavy Ballista
Holy Strength
Honor Guard
Kjeldoran Royal Guard
Knight Errant
Knighthood
Northern Paladin
Pacifism
Pariah
Razorfoot Griffin
Reprisal
Reverse Damage
Rolling Stones
Sacred Ground
Sacred Nectar
Samite Healer
Serra Angel
Shield Wall
Skyshroud Falcon
Southern Paladin
Spirit Link
Standing Troops
Staunch Defenders
Sunweb
Venerable Monk
Wall of Swords
Worship
Wrath of God

BLUE (27)
Air Elemental
Benthic Behemoth
Boomerang
Confiscate
Coral Merfolk
Counterspell
Daring Apprentice
Deflection
Equilibrium
Evacuation
Force Spike
Glacial Wall
Inspiration
Lord of Atlantis
Mahamoti Djinn
Mawcor
Memory Lapse
Merfolk of the Pearl Trident
Opposition
Propaganda
Remove Soul
Sleight of Hand
Steal Artifact
Thieving Magpie
Twiddle
Unsummon
Wall of Air

BLACK (34)
Abyssal Horror
Abyssal Specter
Bereavement
Blood Pet
Bog Imp
Dark Banishing
Dakmor Lancer
Diabolic Edict
Drudge Skeletons
Duress
Eastern Paladin
Fallen Angel
Foul Imp
Giant Cockroach
Greed
Howl from Beyond
Living Death
Megrim
Mind Rot
Necrologia
Nightmare
Ostracize
Persecute
Rag Man
Raise Dead
Revenant
Scathe Zombies
Skittering Skirge
Soul Feast
Stronghold Assassin
Unholy Strength
Wall of Souls
Western Paladin
Yawgmoth's Edict

RED (37)
Aether Flash
Blaze
Boil
Crimson Hellkite
Disorder
Earthquake
Fervor
Fire Elemental
Flashfires
Goblin Digging Team
Goblin Chariot
Goblin Hero
Goblin King
Goblin Matron
Goblin Raider
Goblin Spelunkers
Granite Grip
Hill Giant
Inferno
Lava Axe
Lightning Blast
Orcish Artillery
Orcish Oriflamme
Pillage
Pygmy Pyrosaur
Pyrotechnics
Raging Goblin
Ravenous Baboons
Sabretooth Tiger
Shatter
Shivan Dragon
Shock
Spitting Earth
Stone Rain
Tremor
Wall of Fire
Wildfire

GREEN (37)
Anaconda
Ancient Silverback
Birds of Paradise
Blanchwood Armor
Bull Hippo
Creeping Mold
Elvish Archers
Elvish Champion
Elvish Lyrist
Femeref Archers
Fog
Gaea’s Blessing
Giant Growth
Gorilla Chieftain
Grizzly Bears
Hurricane
Llanowar Elves
Lone Wolf
Lure
Maro
Might of Oaks
Nature's Resurgence
Plow Under
Priest of Titania
Reclaim
Rowen
Shanodin Dryads
Stream of Life
Thorn Elemental
Tranquility
Treefolk Seedlings
Verdant Force
Verduran Enchantress
Wall of Blossoms
Wild Growth
Wing Snare
Yavimaya Enchantress

ARTIFACT (28)
Aladdin's Ring
Bottle gnomes
Caltrops
Charcoal Diamond
Coat of Arms
Crystal Rod
Defense Grid
Dingus Egg
Disrupting Scepter
Ensnaring Bridge
Fire Diamond
Flying Carpet
Grapeshot Catapult
Iron Star
Ivory Cup
Jayemdae Tome
Marble Diamond
Meekstone
Millstone
Moss Diamond
Phyrexian Colossus
Sky Diamond
Spellbook
Storm Cauldron
Teferi's Puzzle Box
Throne of Bone
Wooden Sphere
Worn Powerstone

LAND (6)
Adarkar Wastes
Brushland
City of Brass
Karplusan Forest
Sulfurous Springs
Underground River

S

shade2k1

You're right. I meant Treefolk Seedlings, and forgot to delete Treefolk elemental when I retyped it. Oh, and Raise Dead, Ancient Silverback, and Air Elemental are in, as well.

I

Istanbul

Ho-lee crap.

Cloudchaser Eagle - COOL! Very handy to have around.
Gerrard's Wisdom - Holy crap. O.O The days of playing one card and gaining 14 life are back...
Pariah - Hoo boy. Cho-Pariah is back...
Rolling Stones - YEAH! Theme deck in the house! :)
Serra Angel - WOO-HOO!!! Serra's back! Show me the soulless bastard that didn't miss her. :)
Worship - Pariah, Worship...anyone sense some serious power in white?

Confiscate - Cool! This was one of my favorite cards, and still is. :)
Equilibrium - OH CRAP! Ummm...Equilibrium + Sawtooth Loon = WAY TOO GOOD.
Force Spike - YES! Dude, I have *so* missed this card...Gives U/W a much better fighting chance to establish control. (Hell, might even enable a mono-blue deck!)
Mahamoti Djinn - See Serra Angel. :)
Opposition - Uh oh. No. Bad. Opposition never should have been printed. Picture this alongside Rith or some other token maker...
Sleight of Hand- Don't you mean Sleight of Mind?
Tradewind Rider - I hope not. :/

Diabolic Edict - YES! Yesyesyes. Black *needs* this card in a big way.
Duress - I still say this card is dangerous, but I've presented my reasons why, so...
Living Death - Crap. I just *know*someone is gonna find a way to abuse this in Type II.
Unholy Strength - I'm telling you...black suicide is on its way back. Just you watch.

Didn't see much in red that surprised me.

Might of Oaks - Keen! I always liked this card, and I'm glad to see it's coming back.
Wall of Blossoms - Mother of Ghod...does anyone else see the problems with this, gaters, and Equilibrium being in Type II at the same time?!

Bottle Gnomes - Again, quite nifty. :) I see Type II slowing down again as Bottle Gnomes provide a blocker and a source of life.
Coat of Arms - YESSS!! Theme decks are coming back in force...this was the last card I needed to see to makemy Type II Zombie deck worthwhile!
Ensnaring Bridge - Oof. I can definitely see this being used in conjunction with a possible new deck, Type II Burn. I'm already hard at work on it.

7th Edition looks kewl. :)

S

shade2k1

Actually, it IS Sleight of HAND. It's a Portal/Starter card. There are quite a few of 'em lurking around. Also in: Unsummon (the Lightning Dragon pic is of this card).

N

NeuroDeus

You got to work already :) !! You should have done some kind of entrance speech in the New Members forum... I welcome you here :)

I

Istanbul

I hate to be a pain, but I don't buy Portal/Starter...don't consider it to be Magic. Could you give me the card texts for the following cards?

Breath of Life
Eager Cadet
Knight Errant
Sacred Nectar

Sleight of Hand

Mind Rot

Goblin Chariot

L

Lotus Mox

Breath of Life 3W
Sorcery
return target creature card from your graveyard to PLAY

Eager cadet W
Creature-Soldier
1/1

Knight Errant 1W
Creature-Knight
2/2

Sacred Nectar 1W
Sorcery
You gain 4 life.
(I guess Sothing Balm was broken)

Sleight of Hand U
Sorcery
Look at the top two cards of your library and choose one. Put that card into your hand and the other one on the bottom of your library.

Mind Rot 2B
Sorcery
Target player chooses and discards two cards from his or her hand.
(It's not 100% worse than Stupor because you can target yourself with this ;) )

Goblin Chariot 2R
Creature-Goblin
Haste
2/2

I think white got really shafted in the weenie department, and was life gain so broken that it has to get continually worse? I think not. :mad:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't Breath of Life have the same wording as Resurrection? Was there a problem with the name or cc (yeah, I know there's other cards out there like that. I think Isty had a trivia question on them)?

P

Purple_jester

For an early post, this is very nice. Informative. Peachy (1GG). I'm glad you don't spam, but I hope you'll be lenient with the few professional spammers here. They serve to keep the info pool moist and juicy. Mmm...

Some comments...

This may be the best basic set since Revised Edition. The balance of cards seems geared towards developing new deck types, especially those which include swamps. I'd love to see how much of a lure Duress, Diabolic Edict and Living Death will be for prospective Black players.

I do pray that the basic set will establish new archtypes. I WILL miss other cards, like my tutors, River Boa, Hammer, Geddon... Still, I've got high hopes for this set. So high that as soon as this list is confirmed, I will purchase my first basic set cards in years.

S

shade2k1

I'm now hearing that Exploration and Horn of Greed are in, as well. Interesting...

I

Istanbul

Sorry. I'm gonna have to scream 'bullsh!t' on that one. Take one of the most abusive combos in Extended today, and put all the necessary elements into Type II except Fastbond? I don't buy it. I'd be *far* more likely to believe that Horn of Greed would come in than Exploration.

B

Baskil

I will welcome Exploration with welcome arms. (It is the one missing ingredient to my combo deck. Of course, the other stuff has to be reprinted too (Early Harvest, Prosperity, Recall))

S

Sidar Jabari

I've just spotted the themes of Seventh and also most other sets and the moment.

1) Cheap casting cost cards are reduced in power
2) Common cards are reduced in power

Bear in mind that this is only a GENERALISATION. It doesn't hold true for every card, I'm just saying that it's a definate trend.

Bearing in mind that most players favourate expansion was Visions (It's main components being undercosted minor effects and a very good commmon base) this trend does not bode well for Magic and also for Magic players who can't afford the power cards (like myself) and who like to play with mainly, if not exclusively, commons and uncommons.

Still, they've got some things right (Duress, Diabolic Edict, getting rid of out of flavour cards like'geddon etc..)

Still hoping it's black bordered!

N

Nyx

Am I the only one who wishes that they'd take the COPs out of the basic set? Between Story Circle, Prismatic Circle, Rhystic Circle, and all the others, they have so many choices that are more likely to be used and that would only take up one slot, now White's still got 5 slots hogged by cards that rarely get used. All the less now that the game's shifting away from mono-color decks to multi's. At least white doesn't have to suffer through both the COPs and the Wards.

BTW Shade2k1: Welcome!

D

Daggertooth

Hi Shade,

Nice to see you here.

I hope exploration isn't in there. Fires could get a possible one turn boost. A turn 3 Saproling Burst with hast would be Devistating against everything.

Daggertooth

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

ahh, i hope coat of arms is in 7th, it'll make it that much easier to get 2 for my sliver deck

C

Cateran Emperor

Hi-oh Shade, haven't seen you since I left the MTGNews boards back in July or so! Good to have another person here to work with on the spoiler. :cool:

Z

Zadok001

Hiya, Shade! Nameless aka Nivelimac here. :) Welcome in, good to see you here.

All I'll say is... THANK GOD FOR DIABOLIC EDICT! I've been playing Black since Invasion was released and getting my head handed to me. It wasn't pretty.