Sinister Nishoba

F

FoundationOfRancor

I was cruisin MtgNews, and I happened across a deck made by "Tim." He proposes that nothing can deal with a Sinistered Nishoba. At the very least, he promises, this is a fun deck. He says it is an IBC deck, but what do you guys think would help it in type II?

Creatures
4x Sabertooth Nishoba
4x Sunscape Familiar
4x Utopia Tree
4x Questing Phelddagrif

Enchantments
4x Sinister Strength
4x Dueling Grounds
4x Sterling Grove
4x Armadillo Cloak

Instants
4x Eladamri's Call

Land
10x Forest
4x Plains
4x Elfhame Palace
4x Archeological Dig
2x Meteor Crater

C

Cerulean

Nah. Terminate springs to mind, amongst other things.

But anyhow it seems far too fragile to me, having no real control elements and too few creatures for beats.

How would a cho-blessed nishoba go? Hmm. Nah, maybe I just don't like nishobas. :)

R

rkoelsch

for type 2 I think it will be too slow. But thinking of IBC a Nishoba would be hard to handle. Once it makes it past countermagic it would be tough to remove. Washout would work.

I

Istanbul

Can't Terminate the Nishoba...it's got prot. red. But yes, Wash Out would work. So would the lowly (and often underrated) Urborg Skeleton.

R

rkoelsch

chump blocking is less effective against trample. I still think this might be too slow for IBC but worth investigating

F

FoundationOfRancor

Nish: 5/5, pro from Red and Blue. With sinister strength on it, nothing but mass removal can stop it.

What do you guys think could be a solution to that? Countermagic...maybe...

I

Istanbul

Pacifism? Dawnstrider? Hobble? Desert Twister? Wrath? Wash Out? Light of Day? Meekstone?

C

Cerulean

:)

er oops. prot red eh?

bloody typical. trust me not to even look at the card.

thanks istanbul for pointing that one out.

I

Istanbul

'Sokay. That's one of the few drawbacks to Terminate...it's the two colors that white is most likely to have protection from.

O

olwen

How about this:

4 Birds of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 River Boa
4 Thermal Glider
4 Saproling Burst
3 Sabertooth Nishioba

3 Vampiric Tutor
3 Aura Mutation
4 Sinister Strength