Type II Metagame choices

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date
T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Judging from the fact that people have said that Type II is stagnant right now and that only a few decks are possible, it seems rather hard to find good metagame choices. Thus, I have decided to at least initiate a list of options against (for now) Fires, Rebels, and U/W control. Granted it is rather meager now, but hopefully if you help out people can refer here to help with analysis.

vs. Fires:
Tranquil Grove (?)

vs. Rebels:
(nothing yet, I haven't thought very hard about this)

vs. U/W control:
Chimeric Idol(can't be wrathed)
Don't use too many or too expensive creatures

Yes, this list currently sucks, but hopefully it can become big.

T

TaLoN

For Rebels you can use Tsabo's Decree naming Rebels. This card just totally wrecks Rebels if used right. You can use the Rebel Informer to put their rebels into the bottom of their owners library. For Fires you can use Tangle Wire. A first turn wire (via Dark rit, if anyone plays black in t2 anyway :D) just wrecks the speed of Fires. Orim's Chant played at the right time can stop the lot of damage Fires can deal quick. just my 2 cents

Z

Zadok001

Evil Eye of Orms-By-Gore.

:)

I'm not kidding. Honestly, I'm not.

I

Istanbul

Blue/Black has the cards needed to decimate the top decks of the day.

Rebels? Tsabo's Decree or Spreading Plague.
U/W control? A tough matchup, but Mana Short helps.
Fires? Wash Out, Chill, Dry Spell (trust me)...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Zadok: The Evil Eye is used mostly as a blocker, right?

From what you have submitted blue and black seem to be very powerful metagame choices. The aim with this thread was to attempt to make a deck to deal with these situations with input from many people. From the looks of things it could be at least B/U. However, in a deck with a fair amount of creatures, green might be a favorable option as well, with Spidersilk Armor being the most notable example. What is the opinion on this?

Z

Zadok001

Dawnstrider is GOD. :) And, if you really want to go rouge, Crumbling Sanctuary is very, very good - But only in established metagames. It'll beat Zvi and his Fires deck every time, but if Joe Random walks up with his W/G control/removal deck, you're friggin' screwed. :)

I'm writing an article on a Sanctuary deck I think performs on-par with Fires, as far as W/L to other major decks.