card collection

S

Slick

I was just wondering how many people collect a specific card and how many of that card they have. I collect Avatars of Woe and I have about 17.

I

Istanbul

I collect:
Kezzerdrix - 81
Purraj of Urborg - 26
Mirri, Cat Warrior - 12

Knights (Creature - Knight, creatures that become knights (Opal Champion), or spells that specifically put Knight tokens into play (Waylay, Errand of Duty) - 1,577

M

mogg bomber

I collect Lhurgoyfs, and have 13 of them right now.

C

cbearsbro

Originally posted by Istanbul
I collect:
Kezzerdrix - 81
Purraj of Urborg - 26
Mirri, Cat Warrior - 12

Knights (Creature - Knight, creatures that become knights (Opal Champion), or spells that specifically put Knight tokens into play (Waylay, Errand of Duty) - 1,577
DANG, that's a lotta knights and Kezzerdrix :). I'm just starting [though ya wouldn't know it by the amount of cards I've already amassed :rolleyes:]. I like Dragons and Kavus. So, I'll probably concentrate on getting as many of those as I can :)

So, next logical question: What do you do with all the copies? How many actual homemade decks do people have? Right now I have the one and a bunch of the precons to help me figure out which colors/strategies I like or dislike.

G

Gizmo

Brian Connelly of the UK has approx 1,000 Lichenthropes.
It`s REALLY hard to get Lichenthropes over here, now, because Brian has them all.
Not that anybody cares, because Lichethrope is terrible.
:)

B

Baskil

I collect Mishra's Factories.

I have

1 set of AQ (each season) signed
1 set of AQ nm
about two dozen WB 4th edition
1 of just about every language it was printed in
and always looking for more :)

M

Mr_Pestilence

I have 1,000+ Pestilences, from Alpha to 6th, and I'm always willing to trade for more (see my sig.).

N

nodnarb24

Plague rats-34

I have all of the plague rats in my play group. It's hard to get them too becuase when I go to trade no one brings their common junk.

G

Gerode

I have a lot of basic lands... ;)

I saw someone at a card shop in BC with 207 foil Sneaky Hormunculi in his binder.

Z

Zadok001

I collect:

Eaters of the Dead (9x, willing to trade for as many as you have)
Phyrexian Portal (5x, ditto)
Vine Trellis (~60x)

Problem is, no one brings their Trellis's to trade...

M

Mr_Pestilence

Well, I don't bring all my commons to trade when I play (even a strong man can only lift so much!), but I do bring a binder full of Uncommons and older, weird stuff to trade, in addition to a (thin) binder of rares and foils. Most of the time, I end up trading old, weird stuff for newer stuff. Last weekend, I traded a signed Fountain of Youth for a Rising Waters!

So remember, just because you don't value it, somebody else may be looking for multiple copies of some bizarre card, and willing to part with cards you treasure to get them. You can trade Urza's Rages with anybody, but trying to trade relatively crappy cards can be fun too!

Anyway, Zadok, I'll be happy to GIVE you all the Vine Trellises I can find (and there should be plenty) if you'll send me your address.

M

magicman_moe

hey i collect dark rits man! i have about 19 to 20 of those suckers man! hey if anyone has an alpha or beta one id like to get it

D

Duster

I think I have around 50 Prodigal Sorcerers and about 50 Merfolk of The Pearl Trident ranging from Beta to 4th Ed.

I love my Tims!
Dustin

H

Hetemti

I'm collecting Rits too. The'll become rare from attrition soon enough, since it's not gonna be reprinted.

Question is, will Culling the Weak replace it in 7th/Odessey?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I collect cards that have the magic back on them. All in all, I have close to 25,000 cards with a magic back on them.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

lilpinhead

i collect tims...any kind..Thornwind Fairies, Prodigal Sorceres, Zuran Spelcasters...it doenst matter. If its blue and taps to deal one damage to target creature/player then i collect it. i have a "tim" deck that i use in multiplayer games a lot..all in all i think that i probably have around 375+ Timming creatures total..... My new fascination.....HERMETIC STUDY.

N

Nyx

I met a guy last year with a fetish collection of lotus petals, he had over 300 of them. I got one of my opponents so pissed off at psychic purge that he bought all of them he could find and destroyed them. Hehe. I don't know how long he kept up the behavior though. And I seem to be unwillingly collecting Alexi Zephyr mages, I've pulled two foils and six regulars and I don't have much more than two boxes worth of the set all total. In the one box that I did buy as a whole box I got three of her. I've probably got other accidental collections like that, I know I've got over 200 earthbinds and like 150 kird apes and I've never tried to collect either.

Zadok, e-mail me (look in my profile) with your snail mail and I'll give you a pair of phyrexian portals.

R

Rando

Although I have at least 35 white knights and about 50 Serra Angels, they all came from the 20+ boxes of 3rd and 4th edition I bought when I fist started playing. I've been known to give away Serra's to newbies at the local shop.

The only single I go out of my way for is Ball Lightning...

17 The Dark (not including the one in my Dark set)
28 4th Edition
15 5th Edition
and 26 Rennesance Kugleblitz.

Ball lightning is cool...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i've been working on Tsabo Tavoc's but i only have 6 right now