7th Rumors...

P

Purple_jester

I can think of 1 off the top of my head. Forbid. Okay, so it's a little abusive, given all of the counters that return islands to your hand. How about Mana Leak then? I'd be happy to settle for Mana Leak.

M

Mr_Pestilence

I hope it's just a rumor, but, according to the Mag2 website, Pestilence will not be reprinted at this time, because "R&D doesn't think it's a good idea".

So, I won't be able to play a type 2 Pestilence deck, and unless it comes back in a standalone (which has happened in the past) I won't be able to get a foil Pestilence (Boo!)

In addition, R&D didn't think it was a good idea to reprint Bad Moon, Dark Ritual, Living Death, Perish or Vampiric Tutor.

In other words, there's no reason to play Black after 7th becomes legal. I know this is only a rumor, but the trend is clear - Black is being seriously powered down.

I guess R&D wants everybody to play Green, since they're reprinting Birds of Paradise, Verdant Force, and Thorn Elemental. If Black is supposed to "oppose" Green, how is Black supposed to accomplish this? Eastern Paladin?!? With no Dark Ritual, the Paladin can't come out until the 4th turn. Does R&D know how many baddies Green can crank out in 4 turns?!? This is pathetic.

Also, Serra Angel is being reprinted, but apparently Sengir Vampire is a "bad idea" even without Dark Ritual to get him out turn 1. Does this make sense to anyone?!?

Let me be among the first to say, that if these rumors are close to being true, 7th sux!

F

FoundationOfRancor

For once, I actually have faith in Wizards to do a good job in seventh...I dont think they would pass off Living Death, or some of those cards, but if they do not re-print these cards (And I really, really, really hope they do), then im sure they'll replace them with some other, equally powerful card...

...I think Im wrong.

I

Istanbul

You know what would *really* help blue, if they reprinted it in 7th?

Dissipate 1UU
Instant
Counter target spell. That spell is removed from the game.

Uncommon from Mirage, and good GOD, is it good!

N

Nyx

Istanbul, I agree completely, that would be a great card to reprint!

Pest, I think that considering how few black cards have been confirmed, it's a little too early to get that upset. At least wait until we know more of what's in. There's still a whole lot of great black stuff they might put in. I mean, yeah when you've got black cards outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1 it looks bad, but the final tally will look very different than this list.