Casual Deck: Infernal Genesis

• Thread starter Captain Caveman
  • Start date
C

Captain Caveman

I proxied up this deck tonight and its kind of fun to play. Its not good enough for serious play but I like it. Its Type
I legal(I think; are Rector's restricted?)

What should I change to make it better?

4 Ashen Ghoul
4 Fallen Angel
4 Nether Shadow
4 Academy Rector

4 Massacre
4 Necromancy
4 Dark Ritual
4 Infernal Genesis
4 Death Pit Offering
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Yawgmoth's Will

1 Sol Ring

10 Swamps
4 Scrubland
4 Gemstone Mine
2 Phyrexian Tower
1 High Market

M

Mikeymike

A player after my own heart, I love Infernal Genesis. I've built a few versions of this deck and I think I'm going to try an version like yours if you don't mind.

I have a sweet combo for you with Infernal Genesis: Volrath's Stronghold. You could also use Haunted Crossroads so you can fetch it with the Rector. Abuse what you can with the Rector.

+1 Haunted Crossroads--You won't lose a card to the graveyard each turn unless you have to AND you get mad tokens (Draco?).
+1 Gravepact--Puts you at a serious advantage for trading off creatures making your critters all Diabolic Edict (oh and you have Fallen Angels too), dropping the Death Pits ain't so bad either.
+1 Recurring Nightmare--Use those tokens wisely, go grab a biggun.
+1 Martyr's Cause--Very good with tokens
+2 Spirit of the Night, Avatar of Woe OR Devouring Strossus--Basically a huge fatty to abuse with the Stronghold/Crossroads and pull out to play w/ the Rec.Nightmare.
+2 Congregate--Your opponent(s) will freaking hate you.

Be careful when you play Vampiric Tutor, its very dangerous in here b/c of the Genesis
---
Other interesting cards with the Genesis but ones that probably don't fit in this deck:
Altar of Dimentia, actually works well with the Death Pits.
Sneak Attack, why? Because your deck will be very expensive.
Dark Triumph
Goblin Bombardment

Sorry, I get a little long winded sometimes.

C

Captain Caveman

"I have a sweet combo for you with Infernal Genesis: Volrath's Stronghold. You could also use Haunted Crossroads so you can fetch it with the Rector. Abuse what you can with the Rector. "

Haunted Crossroads: Nice! That's probably the #2 card for an Infernal Genesis deck.(I.G.being #1)

Recurring Nightmare: Great idea!, but since Ashen Ghoul and Nether Shadow come back from the grave, more or less on
their own is it worth a slot in this version? Although, by adding the creatures you suggested it would be very good, huh!

Volrath's Stronghold: I totally forgot about that card.

"Be careful when you play Vampiric Tutor, its very dangerous in here b/c of the Genesis"

Ya, thats prolly true. I'll try Diabolic Intent instead. I can sack a Rector to it and gain card advantage.

Decklist #2
4 Ashen Ghoul
3 Fallen Angel
4 Nether Shadow
4 Academy Rector
1 Draco
1 Avatar of Woe
1 Spirit of the Night

4 Massacre
4 Dark Ritual
3 Infernal Genesis
2 Death Pit Offering
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Diabolic Intent
1 Yawgmoth's Will
1 Recurring Nightmare
1 Haunted Crossroads
1 Goblin Bombardment(gemstone mine & rector)
1 Congregate
1 Martyr's Cause

10 Swamps
4 Scrubland
4 Gemstone Mine
2 Phyrexian Tower
1 Volrath's Stronghold

S

superguy

Well, if you wanna stick with mono-black, that's fine, but with blue you can have some evilness with Brainstorm, Soothsaying, Ancestral Knowledge and TIme Ebb.

M

Mundungu

Did you give any thoughts on death pit of offering ????

C

Captain Caveman

Soothsaying would be pretty sweeeet but can't figure out what to remove(any thoughts?)

I've got two DpO in the deck. Do you think I need more?

D

Draconis

Noooooooo.................

Vampiric Tutor is *perfect* for this deck :p
End step Vampiric for (insert random high casting-cost spell here), upkeep, turn it over, 'Hey, will you look at that? That'll be, let's see, 9 tokens for me, and Oh! 2 for you...'

L

Loafing Giant

Is buried alive T1 legal cause that would be great w/Ghouls and Shadows. That is a deck that I have

C

Captain Caveman

Buried Alive is great with Ghouls and Shadows but I really don't have room for it in this deck.

However,.....

thanks for reminding of that card. I've been wanting to abuse living Death and that might be a good way to get a
few fatties in the graveyard early in the game.