First Planeshift experience

I

Istanbul

Working at Game Stop has its advantages. :) We got our cards in today, and as I do with every new expansion, I bought a Fat Pack first.

The foils:
Island (the good one)
Falling Timber (Yeah, the crappy Fog. I open it, and say, "It WOULD have to be this pile of crap.")

So I start opening packs. As I am wont to do, I set each card aside in proper order, and set any dupes aside for further consideration.

My rares:
March of Souls (nifty...Afterlife everything! Where's that Simoon...)
Samite Elder (Tap to give a creature prot. from the color of a permanent you control until EOT...if only it weren't attached to a 1/1)
Dralnu's Pet (1UU for 2/2, 2B and discard a critter as kicker for a phatty phlier!)
Lord of the Undead (That's MISTER Zombie Master to you...1BB, 2/2, all Zombies get +1/+1, 1BT: Regrow a Zombie)
Questing Pheldagriff (HIPPO POWER! Too many abilities to list here, but you can pay GGGGWU to turn it into a 8/8 flying prot.-red prot.-black monster...)

So I open up my sixth pack...

You know, I didn't think they put foil rares into these things.

FOIL DRALNU'S PET IN THE HIZ-OUSE!

Phoil Phatty Phlier! Sweet. :)

I actually pulled 60 different cards from the Fat Pack...almost half the set, not bad.
Now I just have to wait till my boxes get here...*impatient sigh*

Z

Zadok001

Re-read the Samite guy - He's better than you think.

I personally hate March of Souls. The card just annoys me to no end. :) I opened one at the Prerelease, cast it once, and lost horribly to a bunch of 1/1 flyers. I mean, sure, killing creatures is good. But when the spell is only good if you _already_ outnumber your opponent, something is seriously wrong. Without Simoon, this is complete junk. With Simoon, this is expensive - Two more mana actually gets you Plague Wind. :) I'd like it more if I didn't have one.

I

igfett

Wassap guys. yes, I'm STILL alive. I'm semi-retired from magic, but coming back. For a while, a serious counterstrike addiction sucked away all my time and money that had formerly gone to magic.

Anywho, I agree on march of souls, it's wicked bad. i think wizards needs to stop printing bad versions of wrath. go ahead and print wrath in every set for all i care, instead of some dumb immitation.

Going to a sneak preview (ie, mini-prerelease) today to try to avenge my less than admirable record in drafts at the prerelease last week. I went 5-2 overal, winning one draft and going 1-1 in two others :-(

I did get a foil terminate and 2 shivan wurms (3RG, gate a red or green creature for a 7/7 trampler) and a phyrexian scuta (3B for a 3/3, kicker 3 life for +2/+2) out of it though ;-)

maybe i'll let you guyz know what happens later tonight