Invasion with real old cards

N

Nyx

So, I was poking around my older cards lately, and wondering what ideas does anyone have for combining Alpha/beta/unlimited, arabian nights (mostly the commons I don't have too many of the broken cards from those four), antiquities (I have at least one of everything from this set), and Invasion? I've not even read most of the planeshift prerelease stuff because I want to be surprised when I buy my cards and my friends and I do our own post-release-party, so don't give me any spoilers please (fortunately I have a bad memory and I already forgot most of what I read about it last week).

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's any ideas that will take advantage of the illusionary mask and camoflage in particular. Unfortunately all the good kicker stuff has counters so those show up even when the critter is face down. I've had some fun with those cards and things like the lowly sparring golem and the voracious cobra. Anyone have any other ideas?

I'm already working on mixing together a phyrexian deck with both the yawgmoth demon and the devouring strossos, plus phyrexiam gremlins and lots of the newer phyrexian troops from invasion. It's not all that tough, but it looks like it will be fun. My beta Lord of the Pit seems to be upset about the Devouring Strossos being bigger than him and not having as mean a drawback, and he won't come up when I need him to lately so he's not allowed in the deck anymore (which is a darn shame because infernal genesis makes him easy to keep in play).

But anyway, anyone else have combo ideas with one card from a really old set and another from invasion? They don't have to be particularly powerful, though I've got nothing against power combos. Things like Sparring Golem + Sorceress Queen, or Infernal Genesis + Khabal Ghoul (possibly + cyclone as well hehe). I'm particularly bad with white and blue since I play them the least.

N

Nyx

Sheesh, five days, 34 people read the post and not one bit of advice... Well, I guess I don't feel so bad about being uncreative anymore. Atleast I know I'm not the only one.

Z

Zadok001

Just to say it, I saw the post... And being the uncreative idiot I am, figured nothing out. :) Sorry...

I

Istanbul

The best I can suggest is Larceny, the Masques block black enchantment that says that whenever a creature you control damages an opponent, they discard a card. Make those bad blocking choices hurt.