signitures

F

FoundationOfRancor

Its the flavor text of rancor. Not really cuz I like the card (It does kick though) but because I like the quote and the word rancor

D

Daenen

My real name is Douglas, which in Scottish Gaelic means, "Born of Dark Water," or something. In Tolkien-esque Elven (found in the back of the Simirillion), "Dae" means "Dark," and "Nen" means "Water." So basically, Daenen is Douglas in Elven.

I have several quotes. Which one I use depends on my mood.

"Power does not corrupt. Power attracts the Corruptable."
-Bene Geserit teaching

"Lo there do I see my Father.
"Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
"Lo that I do see the Line of my People, Back to the Beginning.
"Lo that they do call to me.
"They bid me take my Place among them.
"In the Halls of Valhalla,
"Where the Brave may Live Forever!"
-quote from a Kick-Ass movie.

"You take the Red Pill, you wake up, and believe what ever you want.
"You take the Blue Pill, and I show you just how far the Rabbit Hole goes."
-Morphius

"Always remember, never, ever, ever give up."
-Winston Churchhill's final speech

"Kill as few people as possible; as many as necessary."
-Jaymin Loveless

"If you know your enemy, and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

[Edited by Daenen (03-19-2000 at 04:23 PM).]

[Edited by Daenen (03-20-2000 at 02:45 AM).]

Z

Zadok001

w w
(O O)
(  V  )
-m-m-

What's so hard?

(HTML deletes multiple spaces. You have to put this:   to get them to show up --Ed)

(Oh, and Zadok: There's a preview function. :))

Actually, the only hard part about this is that Arial isn't a monospaced font. --Ed

[Edited by Ed Sullivan (03-18-2000 at 05:54 PM).]

Z

Zadok001

Goddamnit! :) Someone else do it, my asthetically inept self can't!

S

sorcerer

Deanan, you skipped a line. You missed something about seeing your entire people back to the beggining. And your right that movie was awesome.

D

Daenen

The movie is called The Thirteenth Warrior.
Not as good as Braveheart, but I'd put it on the same level as Willow.
The quote is from the Northman's Funeral Prayer. They say it twice, once at the beginning of the movie when the old king dies, and once again at the end, just before their final battle where the odds are about 100:1. (I'm not gonna tell you who wins, either).
Here's the basic plot (don't worry, it's nothing you won't read on the back of the tape's box):
Aha'medd (Antonio Banderes) is sent from Baghdad to be the ambassador to the Northmen (Vikings). Something comes up, and when the oracal consults the bones, she finds that 13 warriors must go to the north to help their neighboring kingdom. Problem: the thirteenth warrior cannot be a Northman.
Don't worry. You find all this out within the first 10 minutes of the movie.

[Edited by Daenen (03-20-2000 at 11:45 PM).]

D

Dune Echo

What the hell movie are you two talking about?! I wanna see it!

D

Dune Echo

I never got to see that! My mom said it was pretty B rated and said that there were some major plot holes. I wanted to rent it one day but just never got around to it. Personally, I think Antonio Banderas would just rock in the role, no matter how bad the movie. I'm going to go rent it now.

It's time to roll the dice.