signitures

S

sorcerer

Now I didn't get this from MOTL. But I am kind of dissapointed in the signitures here. Your signiture is kind of like your explanation to your name. It is supposed to almost define you or at least you path of thought. Now I know my old one was from a card, but hey that was my train of thought. So change your signiture (or keep it the same) and post it and an explanation to it here. I really want to see some of these.

Mine is kind of like a final showdown. Only not in the old west. It symbolizes the importance of a decision or any conflict (it especially resembles a magic game in a tourney, even though this is a casual players alliance it still has some link to tourneys). Anyway post.

D

DeathPitOffering

oh yeah "Whoo boy" is a saying of mine. it is used to describe very cool or exciting scenarios. Example: Julia Roberts comes to my house with 4 boxes of every set every, and then promptly strips. Her friend pamela anderson joins for good measure. THis would be good time to say "Whoo boy!" Oh! I just saw that movie Snow Day (Feild trip!) and was it just me or was that girl really hot? The one in the bathing suit?

D

Duel

Right. Go to "Off topic", go directly to "Off topic". Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

S

sorcerer

whoa there, you might want to take a cold shower. That err.. dream of yours, was uhh.. well lets just say off topic as Duel said.
Anyway "whoa boy" I beleive is a good one for you. Or at least the way you think... What is yours duel?

[Edited by sorcerer (03-07-2000 at 09:31 AM).]

D

Duel

I don't know. tell you what, I'll just include it on this post and we'll see what comes up.

D

Duel

Oh-yeah! That's why I never include my signiture on posts! My catch-phrase sucks

T

theorgg

one thing, sorcerer,since you request us to change OUR signatures, why don't you do some of us a favor?
put somthing above your signature to indicate that it IS your signature. like "~","@",""", et cetera or incase it like [ i]signatuer here [/ i] to make it italic?

that'd clear some confusion up.

as for my signature, I relate to the ORGG from fallen empires greatly. The poem below fits my card and my (humour loving) personality.

sic semper,(another thing I'll somtimes use to close, as I am a latin student.)

G

Gumby Khan

"Yopparai Ojisan", loosely translated, means "Drunk Old Man" in Japanese . "Ojisan" can also mean "grandfather", but I am NOT that old. I also enjoy a cold beer or Crown and Seven once in a while. It really tasks my MTG playing skills after a few of them.

Opp- "I attack with Thorn Elemental and Rancored Albino Troll."
me- (gulp)" I block Thorn with Trap Runner and tap her to block Troll." :)
Opp- "Uh, you sure?"
me- (gulp)"Oh yesh, caush before damage ish on the shtack, I casht cho-manno's bleshing on her and name...uh...green. Yeah, that's it!"(gulp) :)
Opp- "Okay, I assign the Thorn damage to you and since there is no creature to assign trample damage from the blocked Troll to, you can take that, too!" :)
me- "D'OH!" :(

Z

Zadok001

I suppose if you want to know what my sig is, you have to know what my name is too. Zadok is my middle name. Literally. It's printed that way on my passport. I'm not kidding. So that's where my name comes from.

The whole 'Greater Good fanatic' thing comes from my obsession with Greater Good. It was my first really, really good deck, and I still enjoy playing it day to day. I've played more Greater Good decks than some people have played decks of any type. I just have that much fun with it.

The rest is self-explanitory, the CPA Founder stuff.

The final quote is the quote from Greater Good (are we beginning to detect a pattern here?). It also describes my personality pretty well. I'd rather lose something of mine than see someone else lose something. I'm weird that way... :)

S

sorcerer

HAHAHAHA!! that is really funny. What inspired you to make that your sig. If I were you I would change it asap.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
My signature is indicative of my desire to illuminate WotC to the true feelings of longtime players like myself.

And I really like the card, as it's bailed my rump out more than once.

BTW, I think what Duel was trying to say was, this whole thread belongs in Off-Topic. Unless somehow you've hidden your secret-tech deck in your sig...

TomB
CPA Member

D

Dune Echo

My sig is indicative of the fact that Skyshroud Elite is one of my favorite cards, simply for the artwork. It doesn't hurt that it's a great card too. I can't think of anything I truly feel is an explanation of my name. I've always liked the word Dune as a character name and I once named a character Shade's Echo (that's another Neverending Story). I kinda merged the two and I really like it.

M

Mr_Pestilence

I thought it would be self-explanatory, but my signature indicates the endless fascination I have for Pestilence.

What else could you want? Non-targeted creature removal, a permanent source of removal (if you play it right) blast as many players as you have at the table, and now with Thran Lens, it gets around pro-Black, COPs, Runes, and Story Circles.

To make it even better, Opalescence animates Pestilence, so you can put a Spirit Link on Pestilence and gain beaucoup life!

I have collected over 1,000 Pestilences from Alpha to the present, and have built and played Pestilence decks in every format in which it was legal.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I thought this thread was going to die or get moved but since people keep posting here....

Spiderman is my favorite superhero and my sig says it all.

Killer Joe

My signature comes from the frustration I was experiencing a little while back when it was cool to announce that one was quitting magic due to 6th edition rules changes. Also, I experienced several "nay" sayers at some shops speading the word of the last days of magic and how it's in its final stage and will die by the fall of '99.
One last thing, IMHO (yea!, my first time using this shortened phrase), I used to crack-up laughing at all the little signatures because some were SO outrageous and ridiculous, here's an example of what my sarcastic wit wanted to use:
"To the winds of change come an ominus storm" (yuck-yuck) -or- "Beyond the great beyond lies great beyondness"
That's how stupid I thought signatures were and how I viewed them. Then, I thought I would use mine as a way to make an obnoxious statement, "No, Magic is NOT dead." Does it fit my user name 'Yellowjacket'? No, but why should it?

[Edited by Yellowjacket (03-09-2000 at 07:33 AM).]

A

Apollo

My signature stems from the fact that I play red almost costantly. My only major tournament win was a Mox tournament with a red deck, and I just love burning them for 14 when they thought they were safe. And I couldn't think of anything else. :)

T

The Magic Jackal

My sig comes from a randomly selected card which i pick every other week. Yeah, Misstep does suck.

G

Gryphonclaw

This does belong on a different topic, but can anyone help me with my signiture? It's supposed to be an ascii owl, but the spacing is screwed up.

As for why, I like the card, I like the owl, and I created this bit of ascii art years ago, so it has stuck with me.

K

King of Cheese

Haven't seen this commercial in a while, so I hope I got it right.