Team-made set...

S

Sidar Jabari

They all seem good, especially the new version of Hellbound, that's exactly what I meant by doing an old thing in a new way, It's gonna be cool to have a set with so many X costs in!

I still rekon that Savage Mammoth shouldn't be an Auroch. Also, it's casting cost should stay as it is, we could make it into the signature green creature of the set, kind of like Maro in Mirage.

Can't wait for your Green and White cards DUke!

D

DÛke

...I don't like the new Defying Outlaw that much. I used the creature type "Hooligan" many times...did ya'll notice? :)

All Hooligans I made are 3/4, and have double "U" in their cost. FoR's version is completely fine...in the Magic way...but, well, how about:

Defying Hooligan (1UU)(3/4)
Creature - Hooligan
Defying Hooligan is unblockable.
Defying Hooligan can't attack or block unless your return a creature you control back to owner's hand.

>>Note that some of the cards in FoR's list were really revised in a good way, however, some where changed a bit, which is find, unless it "breaks" something the original owner of the cards didn't want in that particular card.

Other than that, good freakin' job, FoR! :D

Yep...I'm "collecting" the White and/OR Green cards from what we've made so far. Those cards will make it into the actual set...the others, I don't know of their fate...yet.

L

Landkiller

Regrettable Losses BR
Instant
Whenever a creature you control is destroyed this turn, you may deal 1 damage to any target. Choose each target separately.

Collateral Damage 1BR
Sorcery
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player this turn, destroy target artifact or land and lose 1 life.

Bad Omen UB
Instant
Reveal the top card of your library to all players. If it is black, search your library for up to three copies of that card and put them in your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards. If it is non-black, remove it from the game and return Bad Omen to your hand as part of the spell's effect.

Good Omen WU
Instant
Reveal the top card of your library to all players. If it is white, search your library for up to three copies of that card and put them in your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards. If it is non-white, remove it from the game and return Good Omen to your hand as part of the spell's effect.

Mercy Kill WB
Instant
Remove target creature from the game. Each player gains life equal to that creature's toughness.

D

Duster

Narcissism 1WW
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature cannot be the target of spells of abilities.
Enchanted creature cannot attack, block or use abilities.

So lost in himself that nothing else mattered.

D

DÛke

...card Duster...

I could make it a bit better though:

Narcissism (2WU)
Enchant - Creature
Enchanted creature and Narcissim can't be the target of spells or abilities.
Enchanted creature can't attack, block, or use any abilities requiring an activasion cost.

>>I chose to add "U" to the casting cost because White permanents doesn't have the power to be untargetable, that's more like Blue's (or Green's) job. I combined it with Blue (not Green) because W/U is more controlish than G/W. I also increased the casting cost by 1, since the card is so much better. You could say the creature is dead...

D

DÛke

...and I have something to say (isn't that a wonder :)).

This set is lookin' really good, that's for sure. Everytime I look at most of these cards, I wonder if we really DID make those things. They're just so good...and real-like.

As rewarding as it is working in this set, I have thought of an idea that could make the set even a bit "more" rewarding. Who's working on the set besides me? FoR, Sidar, Landkiller, Duster, Thallid Ice Cream Dude, Cateran Emp (is he still here?), and Istanbul.

Well...I figured that each one of us designs a special card...a "signature" card. The card should meet all requirements of the set (flexibiliy, possibly multiplayability...etc...). I don't mean a card of YOU, but a card that describes YOU. A creature with an ability that is "you" or something...those cards will be the "signature" cards of the set.

...plus, it's one more way to reward our hard-a** workers here. :)

What do ya'll think?

N

NeuroDeus

This thread is long... I'm back a bit in the weekends (gotta study). Can anybody put up a list of just the cards submitted now on a new thread all alone?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I don't exactly qualify as a "hard-a** worker," seeing as how I have been in Florida for a week, but I do have an idea for a signature card...

Chains of Time
1UU
Permanents don't untap during their controller's untap steps.
2, Sacrifice a permanent: Untap target permanent. Any player may play this ability.
Sacrifice three permanents: Destroy Chains of Time. Any player may play this ability.

Is this fine?

BTW, I can go near the end of the list in terms of the frequent card contributors when the credits are made. I haven't contributed as much as some of those without whom this would be impossible.

D

Duster

The thing you have to think about with this is how useful is a useless creature?
Is it more or less useful than one in the graveyard?

So compare this to Terminate with which we can whack a creature for BR.
Is this better than that? We could still sac it, but a Terminated creature can still be recurred. Narcissism definately has an advatage with that. Then there's Instant vs. E-C, Terminate definately wins there.
So we're kind of even, but with the fact that this is effectively removal for W/U, I'd make it cost 1WU as opposed to 2WU, which is a little bit too much.

So here...
Narcissism 1WU
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature and ~this~ cannot be the target of spells or abilities.
Enchanted creature cannot attack, block, or use any abilities requiring an activation cost.

D

Duster

I'd just like to thank the CPA and all my fans, for without them, none of this would have been possible.

[me]sobs.[/me]

D

DÛke

Mold Mask (2G)(Original card by FoR)
Enchant – Creature
As Mold Mask comes into play, any player may pay 1. If that player does, search your library for all copies of Ruthless Mask and remove them from the game. Then shuffle your library.
Enchanted creature gains +2/+2.
Sacrifice Mold Mask: Return target creature from your graveyard into your hand.

>>>We have two great Green enchant-creature cards so far. Mold mask, and the card below this one, Increment. Green is heavy on creatures (DUH!), therefore, I feel like these creature enchantments will offer Green a lot of power. Mold Mask acts not only as a creature booster, but also as a "Revive" in a way.
___
Increment (G)(Original card by Cateran Emperor)
Enchant – Creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and Trample.
When Increment is put into the graveyard from play, search your library for an Increment card and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

>>>Why do I have the feeling this is less broken then Rancor, YET still have the same power (and a bit more)? Increment is really, really, really powerful...yes, the obvious maybe the boost and the Trample, but what isn't obvious is the library manipulation. Rancor couldn't manipulate the library, Increment could...giving you more chances of drawing something you actually NEED. I luve this card, Cateran Emperor.
___
Hopestrike Beast (2G)(3/3)(Original card by Duke)
Creature – Beast
At the beginning of your upkeep step, pay 2 or sacrifice Hopestrike Beast.
For each W paid this way, Hopestrike Beast gains +0/+1 until your next upkeep step.
For each R paid this way, Hopestrike Beast gains +1/+0 until your next upkeep step.

>>>Simply versatile. It adjusts to an offensive or defensive possession upon your will. It is hard to keep paying 2 forever though...that's why it's balanced.
___
Granger Hermit (3G)(2/2)(Original card by Thallid Ice Cream Dude)
Creature - Hermit
Tap: Search your library for a basic land card and put it into play. Shuffle your library. You can’t play this ability if you played lands this turn. If you used this ability, you can’t play lands this turn.

>>>It goes with the set's theme: versatility. This not only gives you a basic land OF YOUR CHOICE, but also manipulates the library off of lands. He's a super Land Grant actually.
___
Liberate (1G)(Original card by FoR)
Instant
Regenerate target creature or land.
Draw a card.

>>>It used to regenerate only lands, which is ok. I increased the casting cost by 1, and now, it could also regenerate creatures. Who wouldn't play this card? It even gives you a card...Great card FoR.
___
Spawning (G)(Original card by Duke)
Sorcery
As an additional cost to play Spawning, sacrifice a creature.
Put a Spawn token into play under your control. Treat that token as a 3/3 Green creature.

>>>This could be a "standard" Green card. You play a mana Elf on turn one, on turn two, you tap the elf for G, play Spawning, and BAM, a 3/3 creature. This is a narrow situation...no matter what, Spawning will be giving you a deal for your meat. If it's not a 3/3, than Spawning will work fine on it.
___
Surge (XG)(Original card by Duke)
Instant
Choose 1: Target creature gains +2/+2 until end of the turn, or +X/+X until end of the turn.

>>>Do you want a semi Giant Growth? Well...yeah, early game...after that, something like +5/+5 looks much better...and actually IS better...Surge offers that.
___
Engulfing Vines (2G)(2/2)(Original card by FoR)
Creature - Elemental
When Engulfing Vies is put into the graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.

>>>Note that it doesn't state that it had to be put into the graveyard FROM PLAY, but from ANYWHERE. Against discard, this works. Against counter magic, this works...against creature removal, this works...against mostly EVERYTHING, this will offer one of your creatures a +1/+1 counter. This is VERY versatile.
___
Inbreed (X3G)(Original card by Duke)
Sorcery
Sacrifice all creatures you control, and put X Spawn tokens into play. Treat each token as a 3/3 Green creature.

>>>Inbreed is for late game, when you either have a small amount of creatures or no creatures at all...Inbreed offers a lot of them.
___
Savage Mastodon (1GG)(5/5)(Original card by FoR)
Creature - Mastodon
Savage Mastodon gains -1/-1 for each card in opponent’s hand.

>>>What can I say? I luve it. Savage Mastodon works fine late game, or better yet, with discard. It also works against ANY deck that empties its the hand quickly.
___
Dirt Lurker (3GG)(1/1)(Original card by FoR)
Creature- Monster
Dirt Lurker gains +1/+1 for each land in all graveyards.
3GG: Until end of the turn, Dirt Lurker gains +1/+1 for each land in play. You may use this ability no more than once each turn.
"What you call dirt, it calls home."

>>>The beast for land destruction. Even if you're not playing land destruction, Green shouldn't have a hard time coming up with 5 mana to give Dirt Lurker +1/+1 for each land in play...”for EACH land in play”, you hear that? It's a monster!
___

Those are the Green cards so far in the set. We need more, since we only have 11.

If you have comments, objections, complaints, flames...anything, this will be the time to shout out...is everyone happy with the Green cards?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Duster: Cynicism is fine, but don't overdo it, as I'm probably not going to thank you people again, and I was feeling rather meek then.

DÛke: These cards look great, except for one small issue: Dirt Lurker's activated ability could be a tiny problem when used in multiples. Say you have a Vernal Bloom, ten forests, and a Dirt Lurker in play. Get 20 mana, attack for 41. This is of course assuming that your opponent has NO LANDS, so let's say it's about turn 6. Then the Dirt Lurker could get four +6/+6 bonuses, so it's 65/65. Am I the only one here who thinks that could be too powerful in multiples? I have decks that could create situations like that.

D

DÛke

...has been edited. Thanks for the feedback, and finding a problem, Thallid Ice Cream Dude.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

... that isn't really a problem with the present cards, but may become one in the future. All but two of the current green cards have a method of altering power/toughness for the greater. If almost all our green cards boost or are creatures, originality may be at stake to a small degree. We don't need to change any of the current cards, but we should keep this in mind.

BTW, doesn't Blinding Blaze suck?

D

DÛke

...Thallid Ice Cream Dude. Though, I don't find it to be a problem...not according to my plan...:)

B

Baskil

(Think of Fantasy type name), Keeper of the Grounds
Creature - Ranger Legend
2GR
(foo) gets +1/+1 for each land you control
(foo) gets -1/-1 for each land an opponent controls
2/3

D

DÛke

...what's the stall for? :)

Here:

Culpable (UB)
Instant
Name a non-land card. Reveal the top 7 cards of target player's library. Remove all copies of the named card from the game, and shuffle the rest back into owner's library.

Impediment (1UB)
Sorcery
Look at target player’s hand and choose a card there.
Put that card on top of that player’s library.
That player skips his or her next draw step.

Overrule (1UB)
Instant
Counter target spell unless that spell’s caster searches his or her library for all copies of that spell and removes them from the game. If that player does, shuffle that player’s library.

Spiritual Archive (1WU)
Enchantment
Sacrifice Spiritual Archive: Tap all lands you control. For each Plains tapped this way, gain 2 life.
For each Island tapped this way, tap target artifact, creature or land.

Engulf (1WU)
Instant
Counter target spell unless its caster sacrifices a permanent.

Euphoria Charmer (3WU)(2/2)
Creature – Charmer
Whenever you draw a card, gain an amount of life equal to that card’s total mana cost.

Divinity (1WU)
Instant
Return target permanent back to owner’s hand.
Gain an amount of life equal to that permanent’s total mana cost.

Freewill (4WU)
Instant
Tap all artifacts, creatures, and lands target player controls.
Gain 1 life for each permanent tapped this way.

Heaven's Earth (1GW)
Instant
Until end of the turn, you and permanents you control can't be the target of spells or abilities controlled by an opponent.

Endeavor (1GW)
Instant
Choose target creature, and remove all other creatures from the game.
At the end of the turn, return all those creatures back into play under owner’s control.

Ancient Mastodon (3GW)(3/3)
Creature – Mastodon
0: Remove Ancient Mastodon from the game and return it back into play under owner’s control.
This ability may be used no more than once each turn.

Blood Trader (BR)(1/1)
Creature – Trader
0: Blood Trader deals 1 damage to target creature. That creature’s controller gains 1 life.

Tribal Mastodon (2RG)(3/3)
Creature – Mastodon
0: Tribal Mastodon gains Trample or First Strike until end of the turn.

D

Duster

I don't think I've posted any of these yet....

One Fell Swoop 1BBB
Sorcery

Destroy all creatures in play, They cannot be regenerated.
Any player may pay 2 or 2 life for each creature he or she controls to prevent that creature from being destroyed by ~this~.

Am-Dari Martyr 4B
Creature – Henchman

Tap, Sacrifice ~this~: Destroy target tapped creature, it can’t be regenerated.
2/2

Bitter Dissention 1B
Enchant Creature

Whenever enchanted creature becomes tapped, return it to it’s owner’s hand and return ~this~ to it's owner's hand.

Leverage GG
Instant

Target creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Another target creature gets –2/-0 until end of turn.

Intermittence 1R
Enchant Creature

If enchanted creature attacked during it’s controller’s last attack phase, it cannot attack this turn.
I'm so tired!

Battleflag 2RR
Enchantment

All creatures you control get +1/+1.
If any creature you control attacked during your last turn, it cannot attack this turn.

Combustion 1RR
Sorcery

~this~ deals 2 damage to target creature without flying and 2 damage to target player.

Fanning the Flames 1RR
Instant

~this~ does X damage to target creature or player.
X is the amount of damage dealt by the last played spell.

Red Elephant 3W
Creature – Elephant

2, Tap: Target creature gains trample until end of turn.
3/3

Raindrop WW
Instant

Target player gains 5 life.

Switchblade 4
Artifact

2, Tap: ~this~ does 1 damage to target creature.
Tap, sacrifice ~this~: put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.

Lightning Rod 2
Artifact

Damage done to you or creatures you control by spells is reduced to 0.

Tripwire 2
Artifact

All creatures lose Haste.
So much for the element of surprise.

Cannibalism GB
Enchant Creature

Enchanted creature gets +3/+3 and Trample.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may sacrifice a creature. If you don’t destroy ~this~ and the creature ~this~ enchants. They cannot be regenerated.

That's just some of the ones I've had written down and whatever. I'll take some of the ones I'd posted in other threads and put 'em in here next!

S'all,
Dustin