Newsflash! Planeshift Land Spoiler!

Y

Y The Alien

Ok, this card alone makes me doubt the authenticity of the spoiler very much.

Skyship Weatherlight, 4
Legendary Artifact
When ~this~ comes into play, search your library for any number of creature and/or artifact cards and remove them from the game; shuffle afterwards.
4T: Choose a card at random removed from the game by ~this~ and put it into your hand.
4: Regenerate ~this~

What the heck is regeneration doing on a noncreature artifact?

Z

Zadok001

For the record, that's an accurate transcription of the Weatherlight posted on Mag2.

I'm inclined to believe it. After all, there's no reason a permanent CAN'T have Regeneration. It simply doesn't do much except make it Disenchant-proof.

C

Chaos Turtle

Well, I was kinda close...

I'm really surprised that it has nothing to do with flying.

Oh well.

The 'regeneration' ability was a stroke of brilliance, since I would have been reluctant to use the card otherwise.

P

Purple_jester

You're right! There IS no reason for it not to have regeneration! This concept is... is... stupendous!

There's no reason for enchantments not to have regeneration! Especially BLACK and RED enchantments! That would put them at par against white's disenchant abilities! There's no reason for lands not to have regeneration either! That way, certain lands that no one will play otherwise will become immune to most LD spells!

Wheeee!!!

I'm losing it completely now. Sorry. ;)

Killer Joe

Regeneration for any permanant!
Next thing ya know, they'll have Instants that can't be countered...............hmmmmmmm. ;)

O

Ogg

Well. I was going to say how Forsaken City would help my recursion sliver, but it's 'remove from the game'... Ok, never mind. I don't have a use for it. But Terminal Moraine would be kinda nice If I was too lazy to discard and reanimate my queen, and felt like casting it *shudder*.

D

Duel

Ugh!
Ogg, I don't know if your deck CAN cast sliver queen. I've never seen it hardcast by you.....

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Yay! Regenerating artifacts! Next thing you know, there will be sorceries with comes-into-play abilities and lands with first stirke! I can hardly wait!

C

Cateran Emperor

Holy snorkin' Toledo!!!!!

THAT'S BRILLIANT!!!!!! Give Black and Red REGENERATING enchantments! Balance the colors! I've never thought of that!

There are such a huge number of black and red enchantments that I never use just because I know they'll draw immediate fire. This is probably one of the best solutions Wizards has come up with in a long time!

H

Hetemti

TICM, there is a land with First Strike...Ghitu Encampment.

(Is it just me, or are Treetop Village and Færie Conclave the best two of the Legacy manlands?)

T

theorgg

OLD TIMER'S TRIVIA

What red enchantment has been erratta'd to read "protection from red"?

It's Pre-Mirage.

Z

Zadok001

Umm... I don't believe ANY enchantment has Pro: Red. After all, what's the point, seeing as Red has no targetted enchantment removal outside of its Elemental Blasts!

C

Cateran Emperor

Ow. I couldn't even begin to guess on this one. Could you give us something more (set, first letter?)