Help with deck

T

TaLoN

I have this idea for a deck but i can't seem to put it all together. The idea is to basically reanimate your graveyard using strand of night and reya, dawnbringer. i would use the dragon legends and devouring strossus and other big fatties. the only problem i see is getting the creatures into my graveyard. can anyone help? BTW this deck is supposed to be Type 2

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Well, among other things, the color requirements would be insane, because Reya has WWW in its cost and Strands of Night forces the sacrifice of so many swamps...

Type II Reanimation would pose a problem just in general. How many non-gold reanimation cards are there? Cauldron Dance would be too difficult to support.

You might want to look to Extended, at least Rath block- onward or something, because otherwise it would be extremely hard to find good cards to support this theme.

Oh well. Some help here please?

D

Duel

3c recursion was a deck that a friend of mine, Slick, came up with featuring Reya. I never got the list, though. I'll try to get it and post here.

W

Whimsical

Type 2 reanimation is a tad bit difficult nowadays ... given that the only good reanimator spell is Strands of Night ... followed closely by Twilight's Call from Invasion.

Difficult but not impossible. And who said anything about being tri-colored? A reanimator deck doesn't really care about casting costs, dahlings ... hence the basis of the "uncastables" deck. Hmmm...

The main problem I see is the lack of good cards that allow one to drop creatures fast enough into the graveyard. No Buried Alive ... and the chuck a card mechanic has gone the way of Rath sadly.

Merfolk Traders IS back though. Along with Recoil ... and Probe actually. Can you see the beginnings of a B/U reanimator deck with those elements? Add in Fact or Fiction for easy drawing ... coincidentally dumping creature cards into the graveyard ... and Mystical Tutor to search for the Twilight's Call.

Reanimation will never die. Pun intended. ;)

Happy Magicking! :D

W

Whimsical

I took some time out to concoct this monstrosity of a deck ... Living Death it's not. ;)

Reanimator

Bring Out Your Dead! - 11
3 Merfolk Trader (I COULD be wrong about this little bugger being T-2)
4 Probe
4 Fact or Fiction

Bringing Back the Dead! - 4
1 Strands of Night
3 Twilight's Call

Where the Beebles Did I Put It? - 4
4 Mystical Tutor

Trying To Control the Board - 7
2 Snuff Out
2 Massacre
1 Forced March
2 Thrashing Wumpus

The Uncastables - 8
1 Reya Dawnbringer
1 Crosis, the Purger
1 Dromar, the Banisher
1 Treva, the Renewer
1 Rith, the Awakener
1 Darigaaz, the Igniter
1 Devouring Strossus
1 Cateran Overlord

Powering All This Nonsense - 26
11 Swamps
8 Islands
4 Underground River
3 Dark Ritual

This is combo-deck, I guess. Dump 2 or 3 big nasties into the graveyard while maintaining control with the Thrashing Wumpus ... then Blammo! Twilight's Call, preferably at the end of the opponent's turn. Snicker evilly afterwards. ;)

Happy Magicking! :D

R

rakso

Assuming this is for Type II, it shouldn't be so hard with all those Spellshapers lying around.

If you don't like these, there are a few more such as Probe.

D

Duel

Probe is some good. So is Alexi. Oh, and I actually think that Excavation may be good.

L

Loafing Giant

Buried Alive isn't bad, only in isn't type 2

Haunted Crossroads brings creatures back to your hand.

Ashen Ghoul is: three colorless one black, can attack the turn it comes to play, 3/1, tap a black return to play if three creatures are above it in the grveyrd. only it's from Ice Age.(works great w/buried alive)

Nether Shadow is: two black, 1/1, can attack the turn it comes into play, returns to play if at least three creatures are above in grveyrd.

D

Duel

bringing creatures to our hand isn't the issue, it's killing them that's tough. Get them into the graveyard.

M

manchot_13

My reanimation deck: (no black mana)

well, if i'm going to reanimate something, i need reanimation:

3 Breath of Life
3 Miraculous Recovery
3 Mistmoon Griffon
1 Death or Glory

My, but these are kind of expensive... I need more lands...

4 Silverglad Pathfinder (perfect because it also discards)
4 Skyshroud Claim
2 Clear the Land
2 Silverglad Elemental (also big creature)

Well, that's a lot of land manipulation, let's take advantage of it:

1 Natural Affinity
1 Joreal
1 Molimo
2 Squirrel Wranglers

I need to gain life (it's a deck by me, it's a requirement)

2 Peace of Mind
1 Cho-Arrim Alchemist

Since theoretically there will be large Creatures in this deck, some searching might not be bad:

1 Pattern of Rebirth
1 Defence of the Heart (Awesome come back card)

Well... I have to have something to reanimate:

2 Avatar of Might (good against fast decks, you can actually cast it cheaply, plus, if the game drags on, you can cast it from your hand)
2 Avatar of Woe (establish absolute control of the creatures on the board, plus unblockable, watch for Multanis and Joreal Centaurs)
1 Avatar of Hope (if you are losing, this might save you)
1 Sibilant Spirit (no real reason)

Hmm... what's missing, oh yeah, land:

10 Plains
7 Forests

Oh... yeah, Gabe, this is for you:

1 Hurricane (it kills mistmoon griffons)

commentary welcome...

D

Duel

Ooh, you're at 5, hurricane for 2, cast Avatar of hope, STP your avatar.......

Anyways....

I think that black isn't needed for recursion right now. Though I don't think green is the way to go. Your deck strikes me as more "Bring things directly to play" than recursive.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

TICM, i've played against a really well built Cauldron dance deck, i beat it with my fires, but still that was barely

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

its main weapons, were devouring strossus and pyre zombie, its somewhat slow, but the pyre zombies, and some damage inducing things, are there to slow you down, its made almost completely out of invasion

T

TaLoN

i have come up with an ok aether rift deck needs some work though.
4 mountain
3 plains
5 forest
4 elfhame palace
2 shivan oasis
3 urborg volcano
2 utopia tree
4 worldly tutor
2 twilight's call
4 quirion elves
4 aether rift
3 firebrand ranger
3 fires of yavimaya
2 meteor storm
4 sterling grove
1 volrath the fallen
1 tsabo tavoc
1 treva the renewer
1 rith the awakener
1 dromar the banisher
1 darigaaz the igniter
1 crosis the purger
1 reya dawnbringer
3 captain sisay
basic idea is to get sisay out and an aether rift. search out a bunch of legends and you should be able to get them to hit play. cool little trick is to put reya's ability on the stack and then the rift's so if they pay 5 you can get that creature back anyway!