best card

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Darsh
Maybe make it a Voting Topic?
But it probably wouldn't work out as a Voting Topic, due to the sheer number of choices listed out here.

OTOH, I'm wondering if we shouldn't do Worst Card as a topic, since those choices are a bit more limited, and the discussion that erupted here was quite entertaining. I'm a little surprised no one suggested it in the Voting Topics thread in the Issues forum.

LMK there what you guys think. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Since the arguing went on for days and kept this topic alive, I'll throw in my vote as BEST card for Mind Twist.

Worst card is something narrow and since I don't have a card list in front of me, I'll pick something from Antiquities like Life Chisel (if that's even from that set) or something.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Life Chisel is from Legends.
Heck, you can sacrifice fading creatures to it to gain some life. Better than Great Wall.

H

HumanError

Getting back on track...since there's already a worst card thread...I'm gonna have to say...

Best card is either Dark Ritual or Hypnotic Specter, leaning towards the Specter.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

As a side note, I'd like to point out that the only reason that the little argument between me and Duel about Great Wall vs. Italian Mana Vault occurred here is because there is a thread "Worst Rare Card Ever", but no thread "Worst Card Ever." At this point it is probably too late to do anything about it, but I wanted to point this out as Great Wall is uncommon.

P.S. I already voted for something, but I don't remember what......

T

Tyriax

Recycle. Hands down. There are so many ways to play abusive combo decks when you have unlimited card drawing potential. Next to that, Counterspell. Counterspell is just broken. It and all versions of it need to be banned in all tournament formats. That would make me happy.

M

maraud234

Whoa, I almost forgot about this thread, I'm surprised that anybody is posting here anymore. But, on that note, I want to change my vote from Avatar of Woe to Terminate.

M

Mr.Gnome

My vote goes to fluctuator for the second turn kill deck i had before all the good stuff was banned (Lotus Petal, Fluctuator)

C

Craven

Sneak Attack!!!!!
It belongs to my favorites. It works great with Viashino Cutthroat or Penumbra Wurm, and with Pandemonium it's deadly.

T

Turtlewax Joe

First turn wins with a T 1 Academy deck was fun. I'd have to say that the best card ever is one of the following:

Tolarian Academy
Duress
Extract(this is a bit far, esp. since it's in Oddysey)
Dark Ritual(I being the biggest fan of Negatron Black)
Appocalypse(I being the biggest fan ever of Ponza)

T.J.:p

E

el_terror

Of course, Terror is my best Card.

The other is Chimeric Idol

N

Namretaks

sup....

Not the best card but I think Necropotence definatly deserves honorable mention. You've got to have brains to use it though.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was bored and reading this old thread for some reason.

I'll go with Library of Alexandria, although Mind's Desire is a tempting choice...

There are a lot of potential worst cards, but my pick is Wood Elemental. The worst card CAN be a creature if that creature takes four mana and requires you to sacrifice untapped lands in order to play it (meaning that on turn four, he's typically a 0/0, which is not helpful). Sorrow's Path is my usual answer to this though...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't played with it, but it doesn't seem to be a candidate for the worst card. I mean, if you're getting him out on turn 4 without saccing any forests, then you're playing a "by the numbers" grren deck and not taking advantage of its land getting abilities (not to mention mana creaures which should enable it to get out faster to begin with). It's just not a creature meant to be strictly played as you put down land each turn, but *I* don't think that makes it the worst :)