The chat room

N

Neil Rigby

Does anyone ever use the chat room that is availible on the front page of this web site?
Whenever I log on I go and check out if anyone is talking and it's always empty.

G

Griffith_se

I suggested this before... I'm not sure if its
do-able or not.

The Dojo had a nice little feature, if You wanted to
chat with Someone, You just paged them.

A little box would pop up with a message like...
"Meet in the chat room.", or something like that.

M

Mr_Pestilence

Whenever I check the chatroom, its "unavailable" or "off-line" or something of that sort.

Z

Zadok001

I believe there are currently plans underway to get the CPA a new chatroom. I'm not really certain, being the technically inept fellow that I am, but someone mistook me for Ed on ICQ (I kid you not), and said something to that effect. We'll see.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Originally posted by Zadok001
I believe there are currently plans underway to get the CPA a new chatroom. I'm not really certain, being the technically inept fellow that I am, but someone mistook me for Ed on ICQ (I kid you not), and said something to that effect. We'll see.
No, no plans to change the chatroom. Although I someone did ask for permission to be on my list regarding it, but they haven't said anything yet. *shrug* The reason we have that one is because it ties into IRC. :) That, in and of itself, makes it superior to all other non-IRC chatrooms.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Can't use it because I'm at work all the time when I'm on here, but in addition to Griffy's idea about paging, you can also PM them to get their attention.

N

Nyx

What about having regularly scheduled times? We could post a thread about some topic and say, "Meet on Weds at this o'clock such and so time in the chat room to hash it out."

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Someone should make the chat room easier to see, so that new people could find where it is.

Ransac, cpa trash man