Black Hand Destruction Take a look

X

XBannor

I have been tinkering with this concept for awhile. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I made a considerable amount of renovations to it, and was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions.

Dark Ritual x4
Terror x4
Contagion x4
Mind Twist x4
Megrim x4
Bottomless Pit x4
Coercion x4
Necromancy x3
Demonic Tutor x1
Hymn to Tourach x1
Persecute x1

Ensnaring Bridge x4
Crystal Chimes x1
Noetic Scales x1

There it is. Take a look and tell me what you think.

P

Purple_jester

You know, most players are of the opinion that playing with 4 Mind Twists is one of the quickest ways to get excommunicated... ;) Just kidding.

Lesee... First order of business. 4 Hymns please. No more, no less. Duress is lacking. Also, if you're going to use Megrim, you'll have to find ways to keep his hand full. The moment he's top decking, you'll have no way of hurting him. Ill-Gotten Gains can help in that direction, as can Magic Jar and Anvil of Bogardan.

Further, I prefer wedging my opponent between Megrim and The Rack. That way, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. ;)

If you don't want to keep it creatureless, Hypnotic Specter is probably the most evil creature for these purposes.

X

XBannor

Ok Thanks. I thought that Hmyns were restricted? So I have always only played one. And are mind twists restricted. I guess I should read up on my types.
I had the racks in at one point but I thought they weren't effective enough. But I'll put them in again. Yeah I had traded my hippys away awhile ago so I'll have to get some more. I appreciate the help. What do you think about howling mines, or maybe winter orb?

W

Whimsical

Hypnotics are part and parcel of any Black Discarder deck. And believe it or not, Dark Ritual. I've lost count of the times I've been nuked by a first turn Hyppie and/or a second turn double Hymn. <laughs> Painful memories.

4 Ensnaring Bridges? Hmmm. It's not absolutely essential to the deck, since it relies on your hand size to keep creatures at bay. Side note, this thing is hilarious if you can ever find room for it in a true Deadguy deck.

Noetic Scales though. I'd run with another copy of it in the deck. Just to further aggravate mah opponent, of course. ;)

Addle is better than Coercion. Ummm, okay. It's faster. <laughs> That's about it though.

Bring the Hymn count up to four, and drop the Twist back to a single copy, yadayadayad... :D

You might want to consider running more removal in the deck ... Snuff Out fits the bill nicely.

Winter Orb and Howling Mine both hurt the deck more. Howling Mine defeats the purpose of the deck ... and Winter Orb just locks you down too.

So how's the deck doing?

Happy Magicking! :D

X

XBannor

I'm an older gamer, so I don't know most of the newer cards. Like magic Jar, or addle. I need a good site that has alot of card descriptions. Anybody know of any?? I appreciate all the help I have gotten.

R

rakso

http://www.bdominia.addr.com/discus/articles/creaturelessFAQ.html

(Note: This is an old fun deck that used certain permanents from the Tempest block. It's a very different kind of lock, similar to Prison in philosophy but not in style. When Tempest came out, people including myself tried to mix the components with Pox, then realized that the Pox was not necessary. Other people in my area eventually tried Anvil of Bogardan and Megrim, but this just allowed people to filter into their Disenchants. I figured this version is more brutal. I recommended the style in the Original Mill and wanted to share my thoughts. J )

"Moat on a budget"
Rakso
The Lock (9)
4 Ensnaring Bridge (replaceable by Moat and/or Abyss)
3 Bottomless Pit
2 Null Brooch

Damage Sources (12)
4 The Rack
4 Cursed Scroll
4 Bottle Gnomes

Other utility (15)
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Balance
3 Aura of Silence/Disenchant/Seal of Cleansing
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Yawgmoth's Will

Mana Sources (24)
4 Dark Ritual
1 Sol Ring
1 Mishra's Workshop (replaceable by Swamp)
4 Scrubland
4 Salt Flats
7 Swamp (some replaceable by Spawning Pool, other multilands)
1 Volrath's Stronghold
1 Strip Mine
1 Wasteland

D

Duel

Actually, this was a deck I used. The Ensnaring bridges wreck house, trust me. You attack with hippie, and then play a card and watch their 1/1's attack, and nothing else.

Dark Ritual x4
Terror x4
Contagion x4
Mind Twist x1
Megrim x3
Bottomless Pit x2
Hymn to Tourach x4
Hypnotic specter x4
Dauthi Slayer x4
Cloak of confusion x4
Abyssal specter x4
Ensnaring Bridge x4