When Nature Revolts!

G

Gerode

I like cards that completely change the fundamentals of Magic. Nature's Revolt, which turns all lands into 2/2 creatures, is a great example. I built this G/W deck a few months ago, and it has been extremely spontaneous and fun. Once Revolt is out, there are some very fun tricks you can do! This deck is somewhat inconsistent, but different almost every game.

When Nature Revolts! 1.0

1x Armadillo Cloak
1x Aura Shards
Don't fit the theme of the deck, but new cards that I desparately want to try out.
1x Glorious Anthem
3/3 lands are better.
4x Nature's Revolt
Read the deck description.
4x Parapet
Again, makes your lands that much more powerful.
1x Rememberance
Your lands die rather often. Replace them!
1x Sacred Ground
Unfortunately, doesn't protect lands from combat damage (does it?). Very good against burn and mass removal, however.
3x Serra's Blessing
Attack AND produce mana with each land. Essential for this deck to live long. Thought I had 4 in here :(
2x Sterling Grove
Your enchantments are valuable, some party-poopers don't like Revolt, and mostly, you don't have to be victim of cardscrew.

1x Avatar of Hope
ACC sucks, but it block four animated lands without sweating.
1x Killer Bees
Good card when you have 10 land and no Revolt. Also forces interesting decisions with Revolt and Serra's Blessing in play.
4x Spore Frog
All your defense tapped out? Everyone out to get you? Not a problem! :)
1x Taunting Elf
"I'll attack you for 20. Wait, you have untapped lands to block with? Elf boy, piss those lands off!!! :D " NEED 3 more.
4x Wall of Glare
Blocks multiple lands.

3x Congregate
I'm up 90 life! Mwa ha ha ha ha! MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!
1x Crystal Chimes
I don't like people who kill my enchantments.
1x Disenchant
2x Enlightened Tutor
Going out when I get 2 more Sterling Groves. Too many of my W/x evil combo decks need these BADLY.
3x Overrun
7 5/5 tramplers on a rampage are not digested easily.
1x Titania's Boon
Inferior Glorious Anthem.
5x Vitalize (Shhh, don't tell my opponents I have 5 :) )
LIke the title, this card is Vital for a large attack. Most valuable and versatile spell in the deck. I need to rummage my Portal cards for Mobilize so I can have 8 mass-untappers.
1x Vitalizing Wind :D :D :D
(Based on an true story) "Pay 9 mana for Wind. Tap last forest for Vitalize. Cast an Overrun, another Vitalize. EAT TEN 12/12 TRAMPLERS, PUNK!!!"

And of course...
15x Forest
17x Plains

The more players, the merrier! Stay inconspicuous as long as possible. If you are lucky enough, you could wait up to 15 turns putting out some harmless enchantments, Walls and Frogs, and lands before shaking up the table with a Revolt and the Vitalizes, Overruns, and Congregates that have accumulated in your hand. You can go insane with a few turns of massive attacks, sweeping up the table. If you are attacked early on, lay down the Revolt and stay defensive with your pumped-up land.

Because of its slow nature and low real creature count, this deck has a hard time dealing with aggresion until it is ready. Sometimes good beef can give this deck problems, although you are rarely have a dearth of chump blockers. Long grinds can also occur, where your land count is whittled down considerably by constant battle (need more Rememberances).

Once a Revolt is out, I do not see how uncounterable critters will be harmed by those countermages. This deck is a master at overwhelming everyone else in the late-game, which is how I like to play it. A late-game Congregate is pure evil, and people at 10 life can't handle Overran lands. Then again, neither can they handle Overrun in the early game :)

Now that I have seen how this deck plays, I am going to make this deck more consistent and a little more serious. What synergetic cards have I left out that I could try? Any comments, suggestions, ideas, similar decks?

R

rYaNsPVT

if your math skills are good, consider saproling burst... i'm thinking of a similar deck, but it's just in my mind... i dnt hav enough cash for those rares... proxies that i thought of are juniper order advocates, Fires of Yavimaya(oops, your a green/white deck), or maybe harrow for MORE LANDKILLS(lands that kill)!!!

how 'bout a trade on taunting elves??? i can get you some... and i got a stagnant Vilatalizing Wind...

R

rYaNsPVT

if your math skills are good, consider saproling burst... i'm thinking of a similar deck, but it's just in my mind... i dnt hav enough cash for those rares... proxies that i thought of are juniper order advocates, Fires of Yavimaya(oops, your a green/white deck), or maybe harrow for MORE LANDKILLS(lands that kill)!!!
Ivory Masks are annoying... considering you have sterling groves...
Gaea's Cradles and Serra's Sanctum for a Stream of Life or a Hurricane and infinite amount of X mana!!!!!!!

how 'bout a trade on taunting elves??? i can get you some... and i got a stagnant Vilatalizing Wind...

G

Gerode

Gaeas Cradle! How obvious!!! :D
I don't see how Sap Burst would help this deck out more than any other green deck.
Harrow at instant speed would be great (in response to land taking damage), but I think it's a sorcery. I'll have to go look...

As much as I would like to, I can't trade cards online. My parents probably wouldn't even want me at this site :p

D

Duel

Harrow is an instant, and yes, it can read as a sort of waylay.....

how about skyshroud claims and silverglade elementals? Thin your deck out. Same with land grants.

G

Gerode

I'm trying to thin this deck out; it just needs a little more testing to see what can be tossed out. I cut 3 or 4 cards while typing up the decklist.

I never thought of land searching. When building this I assumed I'd have all the land I needed, then overlooked it while editing. I'll try it out.

And Harrow may be broken in this deck :)

F

Firestorm

What about our buddy Groundskeeper? The dude is awesome.
Right now I testing a deck:
Groundskeeper
Tectonic Break
Harrow
Squirrel Wrangler(Love him!)
Thunderclap
Restock

R

rYaNsPVT

i plan to use Wrath of God in my deck to make way for my lands(animate land, 5/6 land enchantment, Treetop villages)... i m not sure though if the living lands would go with the wrath of God... and also that Blinking spirit's cute for the deck... Juniper order Advocates and Kaysa plus that glorious anthem make up a nasty deck... hmmm, speaking of nasty, what about the False Prophet?? the problem creatures are out of the game, while your nasty lands do the finishing touch....

G

Gerode

...that or you have a virtual Armageddon, and everyone's land dies too!

Here's some changes I have made tonight during a 45 electricity outage :( that occured while reading a thread at the CPA. I'll test v1.1 out tomorrow.

Out -> In
1 Enlightened Tutor -> 1 Sterling Grove
1 Crystal Chimes -> 1 Revive
1 Titania's Boon
1 Sacred Ground -> 2 Harrow
3 Parapet -> 3 Spidersilk Armor
1 Killer Bees -> 1 Groundskeeper
1 Avatar of Hope
1 Parapet -> 2 Briar Patch

R

rYaNsPVT

oops, i forgot your lands counts as creatures as well... watch out for eradicate... then put molimo, or that treefolk that powers up with the presence of saproling tokens

G

Gerode

This deck got beat by an opponent with 6 dragons out and the ability to create over 70 mana per turn, used to pump through a Shivan Hellkite. Nobody needs that.
2 False Prophets going in.

I don't have any Tangles yet, but that would be even more effective in this deck, if your opponent does not have any non-attacking lands. Again, another good idea to try out.

I

Istanbul

Just a thought...Skyshroud Elves make great mana producers/filters, and then you could play Mob Justice. :)

R

rYaNsPVT

...false prophets... who wud try to kill it? oh well, then put Reya Dawnbringer after that... Conspiracy-Priest of Titania is cute when you got d Skyshrouds...

D

Duel

You mean conspiracy-elves, right?

I think the best method is use claims, Yavimaya elders, explorations, silverglad elemtnatls, and get as many lands as possibl

G

Gerode

False Prophets because they were the only white mass-removal I had laying around.

I'm not completely sold on the land-search idea, but I'll throw in a few searchers and see how effective they are. I probably won't be playing this deck for a few weeks. I need to give my other creations some time.

Thanks for the ideas!