ok my new revised white deck

M

magicman_moe

ok heres what it has turned out to become so same as last time comments questions blah blah
12 plains
4 disenchant
2 path of peace
2 devout witness
2 swords to plowshairs
2 wall of swords
2 sotari foot soldiers
1 soltari foot soldier
1 equinox
1 amored pegusus
1 holy strength
1 living wall
1 enlightend tutor
1 humble
1 afterlife
1 castle
1 black vise
1 cho arrim legate
1 terekmiko griffin
1 songsticher
1 repentance
1 kismet
1 reverse damage
1 fortysin briggade
1 monk realist
1 steadfast guard
1 cheiftain en dal
1 advance scout
1 order of the white sheild
1 afterlife
1 catastrophy
1 sheild bearer
1 defensive formation
1 kjeldorian skynight
1 armageddon
1 resurection
1 meekstone
1 serras hymn
1 feldons cain
1 land tax
yeah i know theres alot of 1 of that card but im on a very fixed income
so dont dog it it looks kinda good well all comments are welcome

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just looking at it, I think you went to the extreme the other way in terms of land and dropped too much. I would stick with around 20 Plains. But if you've been playing this and found that 12 is enough then disregard this. :)

S

Soldier

Well, you have Enlightened Tutor for Land Tax. There's not a better play for the deck.

But, still, go to twenty land.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There's only 1 on each. If there were 4 of each, it might be a different matter.

I say start with 20 and go from there (adding or subtracting lands) as you see how it plays. Unless you've done that already and 12 is the number you came up with :)

M

magicman_moe

hey just so youll know 12 has done really well in this deck i get land tax out anyways and well i usually have mana in my hand so i guess its goin well now but if anything happens ill let yall know ok lata

L

Landkiller

Be honest. How many times have you Parised (or no-look Free Mulligan, if that's how you play), just to find Land Tax?

I know, when my friends and I used to Free Mulligan in friendly games, I'd Mulligan on average once, sometimes twice, all the time.

If you are doing that, you aren't being fair, and you could get called on it when you play outside of your group.

With Twelve lands you on average miss your third land drop, and often your second. This deck is fast, but not that fast.

Add up to (at-least) twenty lands. Join the Dark Side! The Dark Side is Quick and Easy, and always beats the Light Side, except when it has a foolish little guilt trip and throws the Emperor into the Reactor Core, but I digress.

L

Landkiller

oh, and one more thing. Find out how many land your deck works on, then add more.

This compensates for :

Bad Draws
Wrong Color Mana (not your concern)
and Light Land Destruction/Lock elements

The latter is what I am famous for. Well, not famous, but hey, I can dream, eh?

M

Mundungu

If you are afraid of ending up with too many lands in your hand throw in a scroll rack.

scroll rack + land tax is a great combo.

I would definitly encourage you to play with a couple more enlightned tutor and maybe 18 lands.

Just think about which creatures sometimes stand there doing nothing, and take a couple way to make room. Your deck can also IMHO go up to 65 cards if necessary.

I

Istanbul

Land Destruction WRECKS this deck. Savagely.
You *need* to run at *least* 18 Plains. Otherwise, LD is an auto-loss for this deck.

M

magicman_moe

cool..

ok this is how im lookin at it check it out..

istanbul: your absolutly right about the land destruction thing.. unfortunatly i only have equinox soooo.. now if i had an rop lands( or cop which ever)
that would be a different story so thanks for the info.

landkiller: ok i see your point exactly. i could use some more lands cuz now i kinda see the one (could be) main drawback of this deck sooo.. i figured it out this way about land destruction decks with this deck..ok i was testin this deck out myself and come up with this (small but kinda effective) combo.. i had 4 lands exactly enough to bust out armageddon now my hand at this point consisted of

3 plains and a soltair foot soldier

so i figured that before i bust out armageddon i count how many lands my opponet has and during my upkeep i use land taxs' ability to get up to 3 plains out so mostly my hand will be plains so now i can bust out an early geddon destroy all lands (and make sure i didnt play a land this turn before the geddon) and just go from there if theres a creature problem ill just catastrophy for creatures and kill them off.. and ill try to start killin him quickly with whatever im able to pull out of my deck.. but i know theres a flaw in this stratrgy so if you guys find one please lmk ok

Mundungu: thanks for the tip i apreciate it

ok thanks everyone for the info

I

Istanbul

ROP: Lands only prevents damage from land sources. You'd need Sheltering Prayers main-deck to stand a chance. Trust me, up the land count to at *least* 18, preferrably 20.