my first time posting one of my decks check this out

M

magicman_moe

ok now i know this might not look like much to you guys but im posting this deck so i can get suggestions to improve it, add cards, subtract you get the picture

ok moes white deck
first the artifacts
1 wall of spears
1 meekstone
1 black vise
1 gustas scepter
1 memory jar
1 feldons cain
1 disrupting scepter
1 tormonds crypt

now on to the rest

4 disenchants
3 healing salves
2 swords to plowshairs
2 devout witness
3 relinquinary monks
2 moment of silence
3 alablastar wall
2 wall of swords
1 living wall
1 of each c.o.p
1 humble
1 death ward
1 castle
1 deathward
1 humble
1 enlightened tutor
1 repentance
2 soltari footsoldiers
1 soltari trooper
1 advance scout
1 icatian moneychanger
1 mask of law and grace
1 equinox
1 kismet
1 absolout law
1 terekmko griffin
1 cheiftain en dal
1 reinforcements
1 keldorian sky knight
1 heros resolve
1 armageddon
1 annoint
1 spiritual focus
1 resurection
1 soldarity
1 song sticher
1 land tax
1 sun clasp
1 cho-arrin legate
1 sheild bearer
1 mangaras equity
1 defensive formatoin
1 armoured pegasus
1 holy strength
1 ramoshian rally
1 sacred nectar
1 order of the white sheild
1 pacifism
1 trap runner
1 reverse damage
1 catastrophy
1 guided strike
1 serras hymn
1 fortified area
1 soothing balm
1 fortysin briggade
1 monk realist
1 steadfast guard
1 afterlife

lands
25 plains
4 urzas lands
1 lotus vale
suggestions, comments are welcome

P

ptolomea

whats up with 1 of like every card?
need multiple copies of cards. what is the point of this deck?

M

magicman_moe

uhhhhh cuz those are the cards i dont have multiples of sides they fit well in this deck i played it a coulple of times won twice already with it

L

Landkiller

Ok. I understand you may not have many cards. Here's what you do.

First. Make the deck sixty cards. Do not break this rule, until you are so much of a pro that you can. But 999% of the time, NO.

Second. Take out Memory Jar. There's no class in that card. That's like playing with Time Spiral. No one will play you. And straight up Remove those Urza's lands.

Third. Trade for multiples. Try to not have to play with the following, eventually.

1 wall of spears
1 gustas scepter
1 feldons cain
1 tormonds crypt
3 healing salves
3 relinquinary monks
2 moment of silence
3 alablastar wall
2 wall of swords
1 living wall
1 of each c.o.p
1 death ward
1 castle
1 deathward
1 repentance
1 icatian moneychanger
1 mask of law and grace
1 equinox
1 kismet
1 absolout law
1 reinforcements
1 heros resolve
1 annoint
1 spiritual focus
1 soldarity
1 sun clasp
1 mangaras equity
1 defensive formatoin
1 holy strength
1 ramoshian rally
1 sacred nectar
1 pacifism
1 reverse damage
1 guided strike
1 serras hymn
1 fortified area
1 soothing balm

lands
4 urzas lands
1 lotus vale

See everything I listed. You don't want it. Now, play a Red/Blue deck. It's hard to get tricked by cards that appear decent in those colors. Trust me. Play counter/bounce/tim for a blue deck.

For a white weenie, you have too many combat tricks, too many maindeck cards that should be sideboard. And low quality inefficient sideboard, not even of combo potential.

I say this, not to flame you. Everyone starts out with a limited supply of cards. But, you need to get more or trade. You can't improve a deck this bad, you have to just bite the bullet and get five or six booster packs. You play a bunch of cards that offer Card Advantage to your opponent, and may just be dead weight in your hand.

Now, if you've won with this deck, that is good play skills, or bad opponents, but it doesn't mean this is a good deck. Tormod's Crypt does not belong in a deck, most of the time.

But, go through the deck, reduce it to sixty cards,
including 23 lands.

Then repost it, and we'll go from there.

L

Landkiller

Ok, I realize that post was harsh. Nothing personal, but, following the instructions WILL make it a better deck.

M

magicman_moe

hey dont worry man thats why i posted here in the first place i need this to be done anyway
i was just askin for opinions andyways

well i suppose i can be a good player the person i was playin last night was the sheild bearer
he has tourny potential big time hehe
but cool man thanks for the suggestion

A

Aku Necromancer

Looks like a good example of a "highlander" deck to me. Can I suggest adding a crusade, glorious anthem. A few shadow creatures wouldnt be bad etheir.

K

krichaiushii

If you must maindeck COPs, consider either Runes of Protection (they can be cycled if opponent isn't playing that color), or Story Circle -- name a color and you're good.

White has lots of protection creatures, and first strike creatures. Take advantage of that... especially should you add D'Avenant Archers or Ballista Squads. Those and Humbles should provide enough combat tricks.

What the others said about multiples is true -- more is better, especially in the case of key cards.
Situational cards (COPs) should be relegated to the sideboard, or not played at all, unless you know for sure what your potential opponent's are going to be playing -- then your playing of situational cards maindeck is called "metagaming strategy" and you are applauded, and win more. ;)

The same can be said for keeping around 60 cards. Now, I don't always hold fast to that rule continuously, but that is always my goal when building a deck.

Good luck.

D

Darsh

First of all:
60 cards=good

If you don't have many cards there are a couple of things you can do; first of all if you know any other magic players where you live you can ask politely if you can have some of their leftover commons (if they are not just starting out that is) usually they will happy just to get rid of unwanted commons and give you a lot of them, or if your local card shop (If you have one of course) has a commons bin you can look through it for cards you need, this is much better then buying booster packs when you only want 1 color.

Hope that helped.:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, maybe the deck is for multiplayer and so you can get away with more than 60 cards... ;)

Like Zadok's Greater Good deck...

Anyway, everyone else has pretty much said everything if you want to tighten it for a duel.

Although the other deck must be interesting if you've won twice with this already... :)