Waylay Errata

D

Dune Echo

I vote to repeal it totally. If they still feel the need to errata it, then just errata it so it is not allowed to be played during the end step. That should solve the problem enough for everyone. However, even as a green mage, I still think Waylay should be left alone.

Ferret

Staff member
I vote for to be repealed - with a very big stipulation: that the End Step problem be cleaned up so the errata won't even be necessary.

-ferret

"...I believe in the purity of colours..."

B

Baron Sengir

Put me down for repeal. When we get a tally on how everyone feels, would you like me to write a letter to WotC telling them so? We can all put our names on it before I send it.

I remain
The Baron

WTF? ALL MY CARDS ARE BROWN!!!! ... whoops ... had 'em backwards ...

Z

Zadok001

Repeal.

And I'll sign anything that support that general position. Ferret, fixing the end step is a very complex issue, since doing it the old way lead directly to the problems with Lifeline and company... We need to find a way to do this acceptably, otherwise methinks we are presenting R&D with an insurmountable problem without a clear solution.

One way to do this is simply state that each card with an "at end of turn" effect should trigger only when all "until end of turn" effects have already triggered. This would prevent further playing of spells, but would also make for very odd end step...

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
I also vote to repeal. And yes I know the end step is very complicated. W(why)TF did they ever print Lifeline anyway? I still think they should try and fix the end step.

-mike

Z

Zadok001

Ok, I'm fairly certain I'm wrong about this, but does the Waylay errata prevent the tokens from attacking, even with a Fervor in play????

I

igfett

I think they can, with a fervor in play, but it isn't really worth the effort, is it? I mean, why play w/r, just to use waylay? and fervor is hardly usefull for anything else with that kind of deck. maybe 3rd turn, followed by 4th turn horde.....
Anyway, this is beside the point. it shouldn't have gotten erreta at all, no matter how it works with fervor.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
The attack step goes like this:
1. fast effects (cast waylay, fervor gives haste)
2. declare attackers (waylay can be an attacker)
3. fast effects
4. declare blockers
5. fast effects
6. damage
7. fast effects/end of combat effects (i think)

-mike

F

force of nature

Am I the only one who hasn't read the exact wording of the Waylay Errata? could someone let me know? Personally, I think it's a cheap trick, but I've enjoyed reading reports (like the E-league winner's) about using it. I like White being so buff. So I have to abstain from this vote.

Z

Zadok001

The wording's a cinch. They just added "Play only during combat" as the first line of the card...

D

Drik2

Waylay should not be errata'd. The end of turn loophole should be thus avoiding any further end of turn abuses.

G

gabe

I personally like the errata route until a good replacement for the end of turn/until end of turn situation exists. Mainly, I just don't want this card to be abused.

F

Faxe

I think NONE CARD ever printed should be errated!
I remenber the time of Revised, whem "If a card contradicts the rules, follow THE CARD efects, and not the rules effect. Its Hard to those who don't have 'net (yes, here in Brazil its not every one who have internet acess) kwow every errata of all the cards that have been errated since begin of the year. To me, its worst then Bannings...

T

theorgg

I agree with ferret. see my suggested fix on the issues page.

M

Masticore

I vote to Repeal the errata....It was never broke. Futhermore it's not that confusing. It was a mistake to ruin this fun card.

J

JF

Repeal the errata from Waylay!
There are simply other uses then casting of surprising blockers, think about the already mentioned combo with fervor (which may be weak but original) or with Altar of Dementia or with Goblin Bombardment or with Fecundity or with Greater God. Why is there a need to restrict Waylay to the combat phase? Stupid!

B

bane

Repeal the errata.
Don't fix the end step. It doesn't need fixing (IMHO). I like the extra stategy it brings and the look on my friends faces. =].

.oO(bane)Oo.

Z

Zadok001

Greater God? Why didn't _I_ think of that! Damn, that's cool!

Hey... That could go in my Greater Good deck, huh? Hmmm....

CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."