Landkiller

If you wanted six mana on turn two.

t1 :
Peat Bog
Swamp

t2 :
Priest of Gix
Culling the Weak

I'm sure the rest of you can make something from that. If not, I will eventually.
<Not good at making combo decks>

F

Fire Slinger

how would you lay the 2 lands (swamp, peat bog) on turn 1?

maybe...

turn 1

1. swamp
2. dark ritual
3. priest of gix
(3 mana left)
4. pay 1 mana culling of the weak
(6 mana)
5. play mox diamond, discard land
(7 mana 1st turn)
6. tap mox for red mana
7. cast Covetous Dragon.
(7 cards used, take 1 mana burn)
(or if you went second and drew, use extra black mana to cast Unholy strength(+2/+1?)on the Dragon.

WOW!

that's a 8/6 on the 1st turn.

G

Gizmo

I`m about to post about my Hatred deck in decks.
Lake Of The Dead gives you 6 on the third turn (enough for a Consult and Hatred, handily enough...)

B

Baskil

Or, you could get 5 mana on the second turn...

Swamp, Carnophage, 0-cc Critter
Swamp, Culling the Weak, Hatred

Same percentage chance as drawing the old 2nd turn kill.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Going to Type 1 or 1.5 where these cards ARE legal, barring Force of Will (which is "just" one color), if you had 7 mana on your first turn going first, would it be preferable to get out a fattie where it might be taken care of with creature removal (more accessible in most colors) or Mind Twist your opponent's hand?

Killer Joe

Land Grant. I only run 12 lands in my T-S deck and with Land Grant, BoP's, Fyndhorn Elves and Wall of Roots, I never have mana problems, mostly. But I can see we're all talking about Black, oops!

F

Fire Slinger

yea, I forgot about Dark Ritual being banned in Extended.

Let's try this:

turn 1

1. Swamp
2. Cast Orniopther
3. Cast Mox Diamond, discard land
4. Cast Culling of the Weak, targeting Orniopther.
5. Tap Mox and Swamp=6 Mana
6. Drop a Phyrexian Negator
7. Drop a Phyrexian Negator
(7 card opening hand)

turn 2

1. Cast Bad Moon, which you just drew (All Black Creatures get +1/+1)
2. Attack for 12 damage.

Or how about old Urza's T2 Environment

Turn 1

1. Lay a Swamp
2. Cast Voltaic Key

Turn 2

1. Lay another Swamp
2. Tap both Swamps for mana
(2 Black)
3. Cast Dark Ritual
(4 Black)
4. Use 2 black and cast Grim Monolith
(2 Black)
5. Tap Monolith
(2 Black, 3 Colorless)
6. Use Key to untap Monolith)
(2 Black, 2 Colorless)
7. Tap Monolith
(2 Black, 5 Colorless= 7 mana)
8. Cast Phyrexian Colossus

I have did twice at one t2 tourney. You should of seen the look on my opponents face.:D

M

Mundungu

ok, here is my take. with no power 9 or other moxes.

You play second, drawing 9 cards by turn 2
Cards:
forest, cradle, lanowar elf, lanowar sentinel, quirion ranger, priest of titania, concordant crossroads, vitalise.
First turn : elf, forest.
second turn
cradle.tap elf to play the ranger. Tap forest to play concordant crossroads
tap cradle for 2 playing priest of titania.
tap priest for 3 playing llanowar sentinell
untap the priest using the ranger and tap for 4
play vitalise, tap the priest for 4 more. pay for the sentinell ability 3 times.
take 1 mana burn.

I am not 100% sure it works out (timing of the vitalise to untap the priest to pay for the sentinell ability) but my guts tell me it does.
You have genrated a total of 15 mana and have now 7 angry elves on the board.
Attack with 4 2/3 sentinells.

turn 3 (if no perish hits the board)
overrun, coat of arms or fireball to finish off the opponent.
tap

I just realised that the crossroads are probably banned not in extended anymore are they ???

C

Cateran Emperor

My most absurd game ever was in old Urza's T2, using my rogue Bargain/Artifact deck.

(Going first, no draw)

Turn 1
Swamp (B), Ritual (BBB), Metalworker(0).

Turn 2
Swamp, Tap both(BB), Tap Metalworker revealing 4 Artifacts(8BB), Voltaic Key, Untap Metalworker and play again revealing 3 (12BB), Yawgmoth's Bargain(8), draw 19, Cast Voltaic Key and Untap MW (6), Tap revaling 9 Artifacts (24), Cast Skull of Ramos+ tap sac(21BB), Soul Feast(18), Draw 4, Play another Skull + tap sac(15BB), Dark Ritual(15BBBB), Dark Ritual(15BBBBBB), Soul Feast(12BBBB), Vamp. Tutor+Draw (12BBB, 2 Life), Skirge Familiar(8BB), draw 1, Soul Feast(5), draw 4, Pitch 1(5B), Yawgmoth's Will(2), Remove 8 cards from the game(2BBBBBBBB), Soul Feast, Soul Feast.

About halfway through, a crowd had gathered around and were laughing madly when they heard that this was turn 2. Ironically, that was one of the only tournaments I ever played in, and the only one I ever played that deck with. After an undefeated night, I opted to never play the deck again. I don't think I could ever pull that one off again...

I

Istanbul

Here's one that I actually CURRENTLY DO, where none of the cards cost more (financially) than the one you're getting into play!

Turn 1: Forest, Llanowar Elf. 5 cards in hand.
Turn 2: Forest, Llanowar Elf, Rofellos. 3 cards in hand.
Turn 3: Forest. Tap Forests for GGG. Tap Llanowar Elves for GG. Tap Rofellos for GGG.

Verdant Force.

Ow.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No one answered my question. Maybe I'll post it in a new thread so it won't get lost...

Yellowjacket: I don't think this is restricted to black, as Mundungu's contribution shows. It's just "Insane Mana" :)

Mundungu: Concordant Crossroads IS banned in Extended, if that's what you're asking. I think your combo works too, if the option to pay 1G goes on the stack first.

T

Thrash Golem

You know what's cool. When your opponents do liek this 2nd or 3rd turn thing to get a butt load of creatures in play, and I wrath of god. It's the funniest thing.

Also, my Squirrel deck.

Turn 1.
Forest, Lotus Petal, Concordant crossroads, fyndhorn elf, llanowar elf

turn 2: priest of tiutania, priest of titania, deranged hermit, attack for 9

turn 3: pay echo with one priest, attack for 12

's not that hard.

How about
turn 1
ritual ritual ritual ritual ritual ritual ritual ritual ritual ritual ritual drain life.