B/R Land Des. - Comments

X

XDanish

Here's my deck...it's pretty good, but I could use as many suggestions as possible.

- Land -

4xBadlands
3xSulfurous Springs
7xMountain
7xSwamp
4xRishadan Port
4xMishra's Factory
1xStrip Mine

- Spells -

4xStone Rain
4xSinkhole
1xMox Diamond
1xNether Void
1xBlack Vise
1xZuran Orb
3xDingus Egg

- Creatures -

4xBalduvian Horde
4xAvalanche Riders
4xPillaging Horde ( Same as Balduvian )

I wanna use Veteran Brawlers....anyone think it's good??

X

XDanish

I forgot, I also have

4xPillage
4xLightning Bolts - Anyone think Fireballs are better?

L

Landkiller

There are a number of points where I disagree with your deck, although it has the goods.

First, Dingus Egg. Consider what you get for four mana.

Strip Mine damages both of you.
16 other spells damage them.

Roughly, Dingus Egg deals about 2-0 damage a turn.
Also, it probably does none the turn you play it, and risks an immediate disenchant.

But, a creature, would in almost all cases do better. I recommend a Dragon. You're light on Flyers. Nominees include Dragon Whelp, Lightning Dragon, Two-Headed Dragon, Covetous Dragon, and more. Any will do, and it doesn't even need to be a dragon. Lithophage is good.

Second, you need red mana more than you need black. I'd remove three swamps and a mountain to add four Rocky Tar Pits. If you can't find those, just add Gemstone Mine, City of Brass, or something. Don't compromise your mana, but keep improving it.

Third, Your land destruction is consistant. But all the same, how do you deal with green mana dudes? Or black, if they Ritual a turn one Negator?

Lightning Bolt works, but add Diabolic Edict. You need extra defense in the early game, and then you can stop them forever.

Next, why do you have Zuran Orb? Sure, it's good, but does it help you? When you draw it in a game, think -- (Would I rather this was something else?) Because Zuran Orb doesn't help your decks focus, and you don't have help to draw it.

Veteran Brawlers is very good. It
1. Is Virtual Land Destruction.
2. Supports even more Virtual Land Destruction.
3. Is an Excellent early game blocker.

Veteran Brawlers forces your opponent to leave a land untapped. This is a poor use of land against a consistant land destruction deck.

Moreover, if you LD that untapped land, you score an additional 4 damage.

So, maybe your opponent leaves two land untapped next turn. Veteran Brawlers is now two virtual land destructions, and it's still a nice blocker.

Lightning Bolt is superior to Fireball. Hands down. At about 8 mana, Fireball might be better.

The real question is : Lightning Bolt or Earthquake?

D

Duel

Skizzik.
It's a great card, it rivals the hordes for power. It's big, it's FAST and it has trample. Use it, it has a deifnate shot in this deck.

M

Mikeymike

Wheel of Fortune, your deck is begging for one.

I think you should replace the Pillaging Hordes with the Brawlers like you mention. You have 12 4CC creatures right now, thats not a mana curve thats a mana line.

Yes, Lightning Bolt is definitely better than Fireball.

Landkiller pretty much nailed everything else head on.

D

Duel

I think replace the hordes, instead. the bralwers are more cnoditional, and the skizzik is an attack for 10 on turn 5 (Hordes, skiz with kicker). and Lightning bolt is better than ANYTHING.

I

Istanbul

I see 13 cards capable of destroying land, and four of them cost 4 mana, and one denies you land as well. Do you REALLY think an opponent won't be able to break out of your 'lock'?

Just a little bit of artifact mana...one piddly Diamond of the appropriate color...and your deck starts to falter and die.

D

Duel

Right, which is A: Why he needs pillage. And B: Why he isn't playing a lock deck. He's playing a stalling deck, is simply hold them back until it plays bigger and better creatures, or tries to.