If you wanna have a philosophical debate, come right on in!

D

dw51688

"The only thing we need to be great philosophers is the faculty of wonder"

Let us answer the age old questions:

Where does the world come from?
Who are you?
Who am I?

I cannot begin to wonder how the world was created. If God really did create the world, where did God come from himself. You can't create something, from nothing...

H

Hawaiian mage

The world came from a gaint space potatoe.

I am me.

You are insignificant.

Those didn't seem very hard too me. :)

D

DÛke

One is whomever wishing to be.
One does the things that are desired.
One could do unlimited amount of stuff...the key is to be your own.

God is whomever.

D

Darsh

The accumulation of space dust.
I'm Darsh.
You are dw51688.

It was called "The Big Bang"

C

Cateran Emperor

God, I'd say, since no other explanation is any less based on faith.

[me],[/me] that's who. I need no other name, I need no other explanation, for I am [me][/me]

You are dw from my perspective. You need no other name, nor any other explanation.

On general request for the well being of the universe, I'd request no one take anything here personally. If you do so, be warned that the resulting war will destroy all existence considering that I am already here and knowing who else will show up eventually.

[Edited by Cateran Emperor on 11-25-00 at 10:35 PM]

D

dw51688

Hmmm, if I were registered as Darsh and he as I, would we be different.

D

dw51688

Ahem...

Yes but would it change how we acted if we were under different identities?

D

Darsh

Originally posted by dw51688
Ahem...

Yes but would it change how we acted if we were under different identities?
:shakes head:
So you are asking me if we were different people would it change who we are?...Yes

D

Darsh

If we had different names?

Yes it would change who we turned out to be since a name is a very important part of who we are. A persons name has a very drastic effect on a persons social life in general.

F

Fear

My comment was refering to DW, I apologize for the confusion.

There just doesent seem a point to this thread.

D

DÛke

...what are you talking about man? My name is Salam...would I act different if I was called...wait...I could see it now <blurs into the future> If my name was David Zadok Stroud, I'd be the guy who writes articles for StarCity...I'd be a moderator...and I'd be a nice guy... <comes back into reality> Na, I don't think so; I would still be me.

H

Hawaiian mage

Well if my name were Farfignewton or something, I'd probably kill myself. Does that count as being a different person?

A

Apollo

Yes, DUke, but if your name was David Zadok Stroud, you could pose as the guy from Star City. You could go up to people on the street and brag. You'd probably be hounded for autographs. You wouldn't have trouble getting credit because they would think you were the rich and fabulous Zadok.

See, it would change your life!:)

H

Hawaiian mage

Yes, their called atoms. You should read up on them sometime.