Voting Topics

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone,
It seems that I'm fresh out of Voting Topics to post in the Voting Booth, and I need your help. Please post your suggestions here (Magic related topics only) on what you think we should vote on as a group, and I'll do my best to see that the issue/question you raise will be debated and voted upon in a timely fashion.

This is your chance to get your voice heard, as representatives of the casual constituancy of WotC's customer base. Don't pass it up.

Casual Players Unite! :D

R

rkoelsch

to have any impact on 7th. Did we submit a list of cards to be removed and brought in?

L

Lotus Mox

What about a very basic rule:
What should be the maximum number of a card per deck?

Is four really the optimal number?

R

Riva Iron-Grip

who do you think is the best magic:the gathering book author?
jeff grub, j. robert king, peter archer, or lynn abey

D

Duel

How about the storyline in general? Is it still good? or does it need to be scrapped and re-done completely differently? Or should we have one at all?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
rkoelsch: It depends when 7th is supposed to come out. Since WOTC does their playtesting about two years in advance, if 7th is coming out next year then it is too late.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I think Spiderman's probably right, and that the time for attempting to influence 7th Edition is probably past. We've actually had quite a bit to say about it over the last 17 months though, so we'll be hoping that some of the things we've talked about in the past will have helped WotC make it into a great set.

We'll see...

About the other suggestions, well, thanks people! I really like Lotus Mox's suggestion, and Duel's too (though I'd like further clarification on the storyline question. You mean Sisay, Gerrard, and the gang, right? Aren't they already on their way out after Invasion Block? :confused: ), and I hope to post those soon. I already posted Riva's tonight since it's only the 3rd or 4th time someone brought it up (I knew I was forgetting something! :eek:).

Thanks Riva! :)

Anyhow, keep these suggestions coming in! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You could always start card suggestions for 8th... :)

Also, people in the General forum have been talking about changing Portal so ALL of the cards can be used in tourneys. Maybe one of them will get in here and suggest it ;)

A

Apollo

Looks like you just did, Spidey.

To clarify: many newbies are frustrated because they join and buy some Portal cards, then decide to get into the big game and find they can't use any of their cards. Since their are no particular powerhouses in Portal anyway, we wanted to legalize it.

L

Landkiller

On the other hand...maybe it's a good thing if newbies take thier time and don't run off and play in a tournament with Portal cards. Eh? They probably are tossing money, if they are stuck with Portal...

But what I think - Don't print Portal in a way that it can't be used!

Print Vanilla or 1 - ability, 1 - penalty critters, but DO not make them with a different rules system!

Just only put sorcery spells in Portal!

!! Yes, I can use the exclamation mark! On non-exciting sentences!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I just posted the Portal question into another thread, for discussion there, since the Author question doesn't seem to be garnering much enthusiasm. I'll give it a couple more days before posting it in the Voting Booth, then the Portal question will be next (since it seems to be a hotter subject) followed by the others.

Sound okay?

Z

Zero

Question 1)

Which one of Zero's character traits do you like the best?
A) Her looks
B) Her intelligence
C) Her magic Playing ability

;)

Or, if that doesent cut it...

2) Which is the best rarity in Type 2, and why?

A

Apollo

How would we know about your looks? And questions involving "and why?" don't work in the Voting Booth.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by TomB
(Magic related topics only)
But given a choice I'd choose: D) All of the above :D

On your 2nd suggestion idea, please clarify what you mean by best rarity in T2. Do you mean to ask if we think the most powerful cards are rare, uncommon, or common?

Apollo, you are correct that the Voting Booth doesn't work that way, but we could discuss the reasons why prior to voting in a thread dedicated as such, like we usually do. I'm sure that's what she meant.

V

volrath evincar

How about the fact that cards are getting weaker and that cards that were not really all that powerful being banned or removed from the basic set.
examples:dark ritual is banned in extended!!!????/
ball lightning not reprinted there goes the end of true sligh decks....how about restricting lotus petal from type 2 two months before it would have left the format any way (bogus) wizards claims to be losing money on magic but yet they market it all wrong when alliances came it was really powerful and sales sky rocketed,when mm came out they plummeted the lesson to be learned here is that if every one has broken cards their no longer broken because you can use them on your opponents just as well as they can use them on you but people like having killer cards which increases play value and collectibility so they should stop watering magic down and return to making awesome ass broken cards that people really want to play with....that is my suggestion,please feel free to foward to woc...

Z

Zero

You could take it a number of different ways.
For example:

Which is the best rairty in ways of competitive gameplay?
A) Commons
B) Uncommons
C) Rare

Obviously, rare (Or is it?)
But we could very it up with art, flavor text, just general gameplay (Casual and non), and uh...foilage.

Thank you TomB. You get a kiss;)