Thrull TIme!

K

K9Archmage

I made an awesome thrull deck. It is surprisingly very very good.
Here it is:
20 swamps
4 armor thrulls
4 basal thrulls
4 necrites
4 mindstab thrulls
4 order of the ebon hand
4 soul exchange
3 breeding pits
1 tawnos wand
4 thrull retainers
2 thrull champions
1 black knight
1 derelor
4 strip mines

Anyone else have a thrull deck?

Hoipa

D

Duel

Of course I do! I love my thrulls

4 breeding pit
2 Thrull Champion
4 Fallen angel
4 Carrion
4 Gravepact
4 Mindstab thrull
4 Coat of arms
4 Dark rituals
2 Drain life
2 Tutor (Vampiric or demonic)
2 Ashnod's alter
24 swamps

Okay, first off:
Thrulls + Fallen angel + Carrion = combo.
Especially with coat of arms.

Secondly, just plain beatdown works.

Thirdly (Is this a real word?), thrulls, altar, and drain life work

Fourthly (This CAN'T be a real word), Gravepact w/ thrulls can be nasty.

D

DÛke

...wouldn’t you guys think that if your army of Thrulls was lead by an Ascendant Evincar they would be happier? Not to mention that you’ll be happier too, seeing all those weaklings die while all your weaklings pump up.

K

krichaiushii

D?e has a point, an army of Thrulls should have an Ascendant Evincar leading them. They should also have an elite few that take advantage of those Breeding Pits.

Lord of the Pit
Minion of Leshrac
Devouring Strossos
Fallen Angel(s)
Crovax the Cursed

Abuse those Thrulls...

D

Duel

Acendant evincar is better than the thrull champions, but the others are a little janky, because they don't work without the pit.

D

DÛke

...how does Grave Pact and Megrim combine? I think you made a mistake. :)

D

Duel

Gravepact is whenever a creature you have dies, everyone sacrafices a creature. Megrim is whenever an opponent discards, they take 2.

K

K

I think he meant Bottomless Pit. It wouldn't fit in the deck since the deck doesn't have discard in mind.

M

Mikeymike

I personally think running Soul Exchange is worth having some big guns in the deck, the suggestions made are all very good (Especially the Evincar). How about Greven Il-Vec too, built in fear is always nice.
I also like Ebon Praetor better than Derelor in here.

Why not add Sengir Autocrat too as a secondary source of tokens?

Quick note for Duel: Ashnod's Altar produces colorless mana, so Drain Life won't work with unless you have a Bog Initiate.

N

Nyx

You can also use initiate of the ebon hand but they die if you convert more than 3 colorless to black. Then again, anyone who cares about this effect shouldn't be playing black and certainly not a thrull deck!

Don't forget the blood pets! And I'll second the Ebon Praetor, he's half the reason to build a thrull deck! The Devouring Strossus is the other half. ;)