Newbie here!

D

Deadman

G'day people!
I've just joined CPA, and I took my sweet time doing it too!
I've heard about his site for ages, how great it is etc, but I've never been, finally, Duke (i dunno what he's called here) recommended me.
I have a lot of respect for Duke from 'talking' to him at Mtgnews.com, (a site which DID have a cool message board, kinda gone to crap now) and when he says something is good, I'm inclined to check it out.
And so, here I am, I hope this site is all i've heard it to be, so far it looks like it is :)

D

DÛke

You'll love it.

By the way, I'm called DÛke here too, now you know :).

I already welcomed you and bothered you with email/PMs, so, I'll leave it up to the people of the CPA to welcome you now.

Nevertheless, WELCOME!

Z

Zadok001

Ah! I remember you! :) Welcome aboard. I'm Nivelimac from MtgNews, as your probably can guess from my overuse of words with far too many syllables for my own benefit...

Have fun!

/begin{nickname speech}
Ok, here's the deal. I'm your friendly neighborhood nickname guy. :) See those neat-o little orange nicknames people have under their names? If you Private Message me (see the button at the bottom of this post with 'PM' on it?) with a request for a specific one, I'll give it to ya'. :)
/end{nickname speech}

(Side note: Yes, I am aware the nicknames are no longer orange. :) Yes, I know I should update the Speech. I'm not gonna, though- At this point, I feel like it's become a classic of sorts, worthy of preservation in its current form. Besides, nothing like confusing the new guys, huh?)

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

While Duke(pronounce dukey we found out) is the resident lover, and Zadok is the Nickname dude, I'm the Pie guy. You want food come to me. Also, as part of the Welcoming process I have a little tradition I do...

[me]reaches into a dimensional bag and pulls out punch, pie, several 6'tall projection TV w/satelite, bean bag chairs for all 800+ members, and bacon cheese burgers.[/me] Have a good time everyone

T

The Raven

Welcome, I'm one of the many crazy people on this wonderful site. Oooooo...pie.

[me]starts stuffing his face with the food.[/me]

H

Hawaiian mage

I used to go to MTGnews too. Then I left becuase everyone was a selfish dumbass and just plain sucked.

Any way, in most cases I would tell you to worship me for being your spream and utmost mighty god. But I don't feel like typeing that much so, yeah.

Welcome!

N

nodnarb24

TIME FOR THE WELCOME SONG!!!

[singing] WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! [/singing]

D

dw51688

Second verse of the song.

[SINGING] LALALALA FRALALALALA THE WELCOME>>>> WELCOME>>> DUH NA![/singing]

A

Apollo

Darn it, Zadok beat me to writing his own speech. You see, normally I run in here and steal Zadok's speech before he can post it himself. That way, no one makes fun of my boring messages to new members (I think "welcome!" is original, don't you?). It also irks Zadok just a little, which is always a plus. But he had to go and post the speech himself. Now, I have nothing special to say to you. So, in short:

Welcome!

G

Gerode

Hi! I'm one of the insane CPA Members!
You'll like the CPA once you get used ta all the psychos who have escaped from their straight jackets and are currently running amok throughout the boards.

Am I the only person who has NOT ever been to the MTGNews boards? I feel I'm missing something, because everyone seems to like those boards so much! ;)

D

Deadman

Wow, I can't beleive how cool this place is!
All you guys are insane! (That's good)
I love it here!

D

Darsh

Welcome to the big top! You'll have lots of fun here...trust me.:)
And remember that you are unique...just like everyone else.:)

"Like a pinch in the neck from Mr. Spock"

K

K9Archmage

Ahem.. Here are the traditional CPA rules.
1: Worship the great donkeys
2: Make many home-made cards
3: Be insane, if your not, you don't belong here
4: There is no fourth rule

T

The Destroyer

i've never been to mtgnews eather

the rules were different before

aww theres no food left

hey whaitaminit there's some
* The Destoyer bites deadmans arm.
yum

T

The Destroyer

i've never been to mtgnews eather

the rules were different before

aww theres no food left

hey whaitaminit there's some
*The Destoyer bites deadmans arm
yum

D

Deadman

OI YOU!
If I wasn't dead already that woulda REALLY HURT!
You're just lucky I'm a corpse, otherwise there woulda been REAL TROUBLE!
I would've been forced into typing an entire post ALL IN CAPITALS! And they woulda been REALLY NASTY!
Not only that, I would've ended EVERY SINGLE SENTANCE with an EXCLAMATION MARK!
Oh, wait, I've done that already!
Damn!