Casual Wall Deck (this is a casual deck section, remember)

T

Thrash Golem

White Creatures:
4x Sunweb
4x Wall of Glare
4x Wall of Swords
4x Wall of Nets

Blue Creatures:
4x Illusionary Wall
4x Stinging Barrier
4x Quicksilver Wall

White Spells:
4x Rolling Stones
4x Glyph of Life
4x Angelic Chorus

Lands:
10x Plains
10x Island

The point of this deck is to get out a couple quick sunwebs and illusionary walls, then WALL-op them (lol!) when you bring out a rolling stones. I just can't wait to beat the tar out of my friend's dragon deck. Post what you think would be cooler walls I guess.. or better spells. I have the quicksilver wall/angelic chorus combo for life gain.

A

arhar

My friend had an INSANE multiplayer Wall deck (W/B). The best walls he used:

Wall of Souls
Wall of Shadows
Cemetary Gates (**starts headbanging to Pantera)
Wall of Resistance
Wall of Glare

I would also recommend Wall of Lights, just because of the awesome artwork.

P

Purple_jester

Wall of Water is a 0/5 blue wall for only 1UU and is pumpable (+1/+0) for U.

Then, we have some recommended staples: 2 Disenchants and 4 Swords to Plowshares/Afterlife/Exile.

Finally, we come to the issue of lands. Toss in a couple of duals or painlands.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
the above...

probably need some removal and multi-lands... and I'd cut down on Sunweb. They aren't too great. Maybe two.

In fact, some other walls to consider are Essence and Resistance. Since they cost the same as most of your other walls, you can mix them up. Plus you might consider walls that have a power > 0.

Oh yeah, Walking Wall and Wall of Spear might be nice too.

R

rkoelsch

Walking Wall and Wall of wonders - then you don't have to wait for the rolling stones. Also you might consider sirens call(a favorite card of mine) to force him to attack your walls allowing you to use abilities like wall of nets.

B

Baskil

Some walls to think about...

Wall of Water
1UU, Summon Wall 0/5
U: +1/+0 until end of turn

Wall of Wonder
2UU, Summon Wall 1/5
2UU: +4/-4 until end of turn; Wall of Wonder can attack this turn

Thunder Wall
1UU Summon Wall 0/2
Flying U: +1/+1 until end of turn

D

Darsh

Wall of Fire
Wall of Souls
Wall of Glare
Wall of Lava
Flowstone Wall
Wall of Razors(How you can build a wall deck without this is beyond me...)

On the cover of the Rolling Stones (Rolling Stones)

D

Darsh

I know he already has the wall in there, BUT I think that red is one of the best colors for offense oriented walls.

R

Ristik

What about Wall of Air? Great, cheap defense early on, a couple more points of damage later.

L

Landkiller

Dark Maze is a good wall, because it can attack without Rolling Stones. Although it dies at end of combat/turn?

T

Thrash Golem

Yeah, i was originally trying to keep this deck blue and white. The Angelic Chorus is, of course, to take advantage of the walls's huge toughnesses, and i just though of something:
Stinging barrier + wall of resistance

it just keeps getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger...

and i was thinking of wall of junk. before errata, its the only wall that can attack without saying so on the card. plus, you can block and return it, then gain chorus life.

K

krichaiushii

Too bad you don't go red.

I've been destroyed by a R/U/W wall deck that used Errantry, Total War, and a Bullwhip to destroy my blockers before annihilating me (and everyone else playing) with the walls.

It was a complex combo, but worth it. Blue provided Dark Maze and counters to protect the combo, while white and red provided the ugly walls and Rolling Stones.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You said "before errata"... but it has errata now, so why do you want to use it? Do you play cards without the errata on them or something? :confused:

T

Thrash Golem

I used to play a iridescent drake deck on apprentice.. stupid errata. What would be the point of attacking wi0th it? it's an 0/7. might be fun to attack, like when you attack with a bop

D

Demon

I love this idea! I've been toying with trying it out for a long time, but don't really have the Walls to do it (yet).

A good spell to add would be inviolability. Throw that on your Walls of Glare, and you've got a solid defense so you can attack with all your other walls with no worries!

on a side note, has anyone compiled a complete list of all the walls ever printed? I'd be interested in seeing that.

cheers,
Demon

T

Thrash Golem

To find every wall ever made:

1. Open Apprentice.

2. Open the Deck Editor

3. Card Type: type 'Wall'

4. Then under colors select only artifacts

5. Under card name type wall

that should be all of them.

M

Mikeymike

You can do fun Dwarven Thamaturgist/About Face moves with the Rolling Stones. In that case, Bloodrock Cyclops would work well also.

Shifting Wall isn't bad, gives you a wall with some offense.

K

krichaiushii

To carry on Mikeymike's comment, then you Fling the wall after his tricks...