A "humbled" set...

D

DÛke

...they're piling!

Blighted Assassin 1B
Creature – Assassin
Whenever a creature is put into the graveyard from play, sacrifice Blighted Assassin.
When Blighted Assassin is put into the graveyard from play, target player sacrifices a creature.
2/1
We all pull each other into unneeded problems...

Culpable Spirit 1W
Creature – Spirit
Flying
Whenever a creature is put into the graveyard from play, sacrifice Culpable Spirit and put that creature back into play under owner’s control.
1/3
It is hard to find a soul so devoted to take the blame...

More to come.

K

K

Ok, here are the cards in the set so far. Bold cards are the new additions:

By K:
Wind's Ambassador
Corpse’s Ambassador
Nature’s Ambassador
Peace’s Ambassador
War’s Ambassador
Staff of the Chosen
Gust of Wind
Spellbound
Spirit Bound
Grave Bound
Overkill
Metamorphose
Déjà Vu
Intuitive Encounter
Hyper Fiend
Charge
Erratic Guardian
Erratic Fiend
Erratic Elf
Erratic Warrior
Forbidden Insight
Dawn, Masked Angel
Parallel Awareness
Blood Gatherer
Wing, Storm Dove
Tidal Rider
Cerebra
Counteract
Reheat
Consume
Uplift
Resist
Intolerance
Revulsion
Soul Edge
Unpredictable Conduct
Blind Battle
Aquatic Elemental
Prismatic Rain
Forlorn Valor
Forbidden Desire

By Cateran Emperor:
Mental Spike
Death Spike
Fury Spike
Blinding Spike
Growth Spike
Nightshade Vampire
*Note that all the Spikes above areCateran Emepror's revised version.

By Landkiller:
Liquefy
Reassure
Electric Bolt (Duke's version)
Call

By Duke:
Symbol of Fatality
Stigmata
Unknown Genesis
Mind Parasite
Rebuke Parasite
Paranoia
Blighted Assassin

By Azreal:
Evalore, Vague Impressionist
Alramaiah, Watcher

Right now, White has 12 cards. Red has 6. Blue has 18. Black has 14. Green has 8. We have no Artifacts or Lands yet.

We should have 20 cards for each color. 20 Artifacts, 20 Gold cards, and 10 Lands.

You people are not even giving your opinions on any of these new cards that were added to the set. I thought they were great cards, but since no one seems to care (much), I didn't have much choice other than adding them to the set.

It's moving pretty slow...Gitty'up! :)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Inebriation-spelling
1UU
sorcery
choose up to 3 target creatures an opponent controls
these creatures get -1 -1 for each island you control

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

forest of decay
land
tap: add 1 to your mana pool
tap: put a -1 -1 counter on target creature
"they say the forest is empty, this is not true, i assure you it is full of corpses"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

dome of protection 6
legendary artifact
you take no damage as long as you control 2 more artifacts
"the dome is nothing but scrap metal, without its pillars"

Ramen, sliver haired sage 4BU
creature - wizard legend
1UUB sacrafice a permanent: counter target spell its controller loses 3 life
"death is only half the fun"

dark tome 4
artifact
BB tap: target player discards two cards from his or her hand

K

K

Azreal, great cards, though need a lot of fixing.

Inebriation is way out of color. Blue might be able to deal damage, but is rarely able to give out -1/-1 counters.

Here's a revised version:

Inebriation UU
Instant
Target creature gains -1/-1 for each swamp you control. If that creature is still in play, return it back to owner's hand.

Forest of Decay is overly powerful. It's even more powerful than Rishadan Port. It's not Legendary, so having 4 copies of it in every control deck will be very popular. It also has no drawback. The only drawback is that it does not provide colored mana; is that really a drawback?

Here's my version:

Field of Decay
Land
Field of Decay comes to play tapped.
As Field of Decay comes to play, put a -1/-1 counter on any number of creatures you control.
Tap: Add 1 to your mana pool.
Remove a -1/-1 counter from a creature you control, Tap: Target creature gains -1/-1 until end of the turn, and if you control at least 1 swamp, that creature gains an additional -1/-1 until end of the turn.
"Some fields are never empty of wars...This field is never empty of corpses..."

I changed its name into "Field of Decay" since calling it "FOREST of Decay" will imply that it should add some type of Green mana.

Dome of Protection is pretty good. I'll keep it the way it is. It will be in the set too.

I don't like Ramen that much. It doesn't have much unique-ness in it.

Dark Tome is very powerful. If it is mainly for Black, it should be a Black enchantment rather than an Artifact. Though, "Tome" is not something that is an enchantment, so I'll change the name into "Dark Notion". I will also revise the card so it becomes less powerful:

Dark Notion 2BB
Enchantment
Pay XX life: Look at opponent's hand and choose a card with casting cost of X or less. That player discards that card.

Here. I hope you don't mind me messing with the cards.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Hey i'm just here to provide ideas, its your set why would i mind you're changing the cards for the better

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i'll try to think up more lands since you don't have many
did you see my legendary land, or was that not what you were looking for?

K

K

Azreal, I am afraid that legendary land is not what I am looking for. I am sorry. Keep trying, you're good.

Meanwhile, I'll try to add up more cards:

Extort UB
Sorcery
Target player discards a card at random.
You may choose to draw a card.
One must learn to share the mind…

Harass RB
Instant
Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
If you deal that damage to a creature, you may choose to put a -1/-1 counter on that creature.
No, I don’t know how you feel…

Abhorrence 2B
Sorcery
Search opponent’s library for all copies of a creature card.
Put one of those copies into play under owner’s control, and remove the rest from the game.
Many gone, many more to go…

Contravene 3UU
Instant
Counter target spell.
Return all taped lands that spell’s caster controls back to owner’s hand.
You should have realized your mistakes before making them…

Jolting Elemental 2UU
Creature - Elemental
U: Tap target creature, and sacrifice Jolting Elemental at the end of the turn.
3/3
One life, one shot, one regression, one envy, one being…

Tidal Mermaid 4UU
Creature – Mermaid
Tidal Mermaid gains +1/+1 for each tapped artifact, creature, and land opponent controls.
3/3
Waiting for what never may come…

Jolt Spear 1UU
Enchant - Creature
Tap enchanted creature. Enchanted creature does not untap during its controller untap step.
At the beginning of enchanted creature’s controller upkeep step, that player may tap 2 untapped creatures he or she controls to untap enchanted creature…
No one ever out ran the jolting spear for the faster you run, the slower you become…against it…

Reversion 1UU
Instant
Return all tapped permanents back to owner’s hand.
News…age, elders…revive…

Hired Angel 3W
Creature – Angel
Flying
Whenever Hired Angel blocks, it gains +3/+3 until end of the turn.
Whenever Hired Angel blocks, sacrifice it at the end of the turn.
2/2

Hired Berserker 3R
Creature – Berserker
Haste
Whenever Hired Berserker attacks, it gains +2/+2 until end of the turn.
Whenever Hired Berserker attacks, sacrifice it at the end of the turn.
2/2

Guardian Assistant 1W
Creature – Guardian Assistant
As Guardian Assistant comes to play, gains 4 life.
You can’t play Guardian Assistant unless you control another creature. Whenever a creature you control leaves play, sacrifice Guardian Assistant.
1/3

Elvin Assistant 1G
Creature – Elf Assistant
As Elvin Assistant comes to play, add GG to your mana pool.
You can’t play Elvin Assistant unless you control another creature. Whenever a creature you control leaves play, sacrifice Elvin Assistant.
2/2

Mage Assistant 1U
Creature – Wizard Assistant
As Mage Assistant comes to play, draw a card.
You can’t play Mage Assistant unless you control another creature. Whenever a creature you control leaves play, sacrifice Mage Assistant.
2/2

Apparition Assistant 1B
Creature – Ghost Assistant
As Apparition Assistant comes to play, target player discards a card.
You can’t play Apparition Assistant unless you control another creature. Whenever a creature you control leaves play, sacrifice Apparition Assistant.
3/1

Bonfire Assistant 1R
Creature – Nomad Assistant
As Bonfire Assistant comes to play, deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
You can’t play Bonfire Assistant unless you control another creature. Whenever a creature you control leaves play, sacrifice Bonfire Assistant.
2/2

C

Cateran Emperor

Capitalism
RRG
Enchantment
Rare
2: If you have the highest life total, deal 2 damage to target creature or player. Otherwise, deal 1 damage to target creature or player. Any player may play this ability.
2: If you have the greatest number of lands in play, search your library for a land card and put that land in play, tapped. Otherwise, search your library for a basic land card and put that land into play, tapped. Any player may play this ability.

Communism
WWU
Enchantment
Common
1: If you have the lowest life total, prevent the next 2 damage dealt to target creature or player this turn. Otherwise, prevent the next 1 damage to target creature or player this turn. Any player may play this ability.
1: If you have the least number of cards in hand, discard a card, then draw a card. Otherwise, draw a card, then discard a card.

Diabolic Familiar
2UB
Creature - Devil
Flying, first strike.
T: Target player draws a card, then discards two cards.
2/3
Minor devils excel at destroying one's strength of mind.

Demonic Familiar
2RB
Creature - Demon
Flying, trample.
T: Search target player's library for a basic land card and put that land under it's owner's control. That player sacrifices 2 lands at the beginning of their next turn.
3/3
Minor demons excel at destroying one's strength of being.

Greater Devil
2UUBB
Creature - Devil
Flying, first strike.
T, discard a creature card from your hand: destroy target creature with CC equal or lesser than that of the discarded card's CC. That creature's controller loses life equal to that creature's CC.
5/6

Greater Demon
2RRBB
Creature - Demon
Flying, trample.
T, sacrifice a creature: destroy target creature with CC equal or lesser than that of the sacrificed creature's CC. Greater Demon deals X damage to target creature or player, where X si the sacrificed creature's CC.
6/6

Ideas? I'm planning on doing more Demon/Devil characters, as the Blood War in D&D is one of my favorite campaign topics. Due to copyrighted names (Baatezu = Devil, Tanar'ri = Demon), use Diabolic or Demonic instead. Any creatures you want to see? Celetials perhaps? I've got some general guidelines for drawing parallels between creatures (lots of them in the Blood War and the Heavens):

Lawful Good (Archons in general) = UW
Chaotic Good (Couatl in general) = GW
Lawful Evil (Baatezu in general)= UB
Chaotic Evil (Tanar'ri in general)= RB

Feel free to suggest ideas.

C

Cateran Emperor

Lesser Devil
1UB
Creature - Devil
Flying, First Strike.
During your upkeep, pay 2 life.
3/4

Lesser Demon
1RB
Creature - Demon
Flying, Trample.
During your upkeep, pay 4 life or tap Lesser Demon.
4/4

Lesser Archon
1UW
Creature - Archon
Flying, Protection from Red.
2/2

Lesser Couatl
1GW
Creature - Couatl
Flying, Protection from Blue.
2/2

Xanchrosh, Diabolic General
3UUBB
Creature - Devil Legend
Flying, First Strike, Protection from White.
BU: Target player discards a card from his hand.
6/7

Slaanok'thash, Demonic General
3RRBB
Creature - Demon Legend
Flying, Trample, Protection from White.
BR: Target player sacrifices a land.
7/7

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

[insert name here] 4RRR
creature-legend
tap: put a charge counter on [insert name here]
tap: [insert name here] deals an amount of damage to target creature or player equal to the number of charge counters on [insert name here]
at any time you may sacrifice [insert name here] to add an amount of mana to your mana pool equal to the number of charge counters on [insert name here]
"the fire of life is all to easily snuffed out"-[insert name here]
4/4

K

K

Guys, that's not fair. I come here to get advice for my cards, and all you do is give me more cards to give advice for. As you may have noticed, the main reason I come to the CPA is to get an opinion on the cards I'm making...you could at least help me make my cards better; maybe that'll make my day better.

Thanks, and later.

C

Cateran Emperor

Hmm, I thought we were making a whole set. Sorry bout that.

L

Landkiller

Hey, Cateran Emperor!

In D&D, the Chaotic Good Planeborn isn't Coatl.

It's the Eladrin.

Anyway, K, I don't review large quantities of cards, sorry. But I can write them.

Motivate B
Sorcery
Sacrifice a creature. Untap all creatures you control.

Chaos Receptor 2
Artifact
1 : Tap target artifact.
All creatures gain haste while any artifact is untapped.
1 : Untap target artifact. Only your opponents may activate this ability, and only while Chaos Receptor is tapped.

Deal 1U
Instant
Shuffle your library, and reveal the top seven cards. Each player selects a card, and places it either on top or the bottom of your library, in turn order. When there are two cards remaining, put one in your hand, and remove the other from the game.

Follow W
Instant
Two target attacking creatures are treated as though they had banded this turn.

Grow G
Sorcery
Put a forest from your hand into play. Draw a card.

Deception UU3
Enchantment
Play with your hand revealed.
UX, Remove your hand from the game : Draw X cards. X can be no greater than the number of cards in your hand.
"You only imagine surety"

Reversal of Fortune R4
Sorcery
Until end of turn, whenever a card would go into your graveyard, flip a coin. If the flip is heads, return it to your hand. Choose a red card in your graveyard. Shuffle it into your library.

Eternal Staircase
Legendary Land
Any player may remove the top five cards of thier library from the game to remove Eternal Staircase from the game, then return it to play.
Whenever Eternal Staircase leaves play, all creatures on Eternal Staircase return to play, tapped.
1, T : Remove target tapped creature from the game. Put that creature on Eternal Staircase. Play this ability as a sorcery.

Shadow Fiend BU2
Creature - Horror
Flying
If Shadow Fiend attacks and is not blocked, you may choose a creature card in your graveyard and return it to your hand. If you do so, Shadow Fiend deals no combat damage this turn.
3/3

Absolve W2
Sorcery
Remove your hand from the game. Gain 4 life for each white card so removed from the game. Gain 1 life for each other card. If Absolve is in your graveyard, you may remove it from the game during your upkeep and pay W2. If you do, draw two cards.

Bwalkan's Monks WUB
Creature - Clerics

W , T : Prevent 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.
U : Untap Bwalkan's Monks.
B , T : Deal 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.
3/3

Bwalkan, the Founder 2UUWB
Creature - Cleric Legend
UU4 : Draw a card.
W , T : Bwalkan gains protection from any color.
U : Untap Bwalkan.
B , T : Destroy target tapped creature.
3/5

Treasure Map 2
Artifact
2 : Flip the top card of your library face up. If that card is a land, put it into play.

Volatile Brew R
Sorcery
Target creature is destroyed if no lands are untapped. That creature deals damage to it's controller equal to it's converted mana cost if it leaves play this turn.

Resignation U1
Enchant Creature
Gain control of enchanted creature. If enchanted creature has a power greater than two, return it to it's owner's hand.

Simulate U
Sorcery
Name a card. Discard a card at random. If you would discard the named card in this way, instead play it for free, treating any cost of X as zero.

C

Cateran Emperor

[me]snaps fingers[/me] I always get those two mixed up! Thanks, change all the appropriate words then.