A "humbled" set...

C

Cateran Emperor

Legends huh? Okay then, how about these?

Ruya, Duskbringer
6BBB
Creature - Vampire Legend
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, all opponents sacrifice a creature. Put a +1/+1 counter on Ruya for each creature sacrificed in this way.
5/7

Slazanor, the Heavenbane
4BBB
Creature - Demon Legend
Flying, Trample, First Strike, Protection from White
Slazanor cannot attack unless the defending player controls a Plains and at least 3 white creatures.
All White Creatures defending player controls must block Slazanor, including creatures that are not legally able to do so.
10/10
"Let the virtuous feel the fury of the Burning Hells!"
-Slazanor

Kanxoth the Unspeakable
XBBB
Creature - Horror Legend
First Strike, Protection from Green
BB, remove all creature cards in your graveyard from the game: All creatures get -X/-X until end of turn. Lose 2 life for each creature put into the graveyard in this way. Gain X life. Sacrifice Kanxoth.
BBB: Return Kanxoth to your hand. Play this ability only during your upkeep and only if Kanxoth is in your graveyard.
3/3

L

Landkiller

Lotus Spire
Land
Comes into play tapped.
When Lotus Spire comes into play, sacrifice a non-basic land.
T : Add 2 mana of any color to your mana pool.

Graylands
Land
Comes into play tapped.
1, T : All lands tap. Remove a land you control from the game.
T : Add 1 to your mana pool.

Archon's Purification WW4
Sorcery
Destroy all non-white creatures. Any opponent may look at your library and hand and remove all non-white cards from the game.

River Styx
Legendary Land
1, T : Gain control of target attacking creature without flying. Any player may play this ability.

Falcon Strike G1
Sorcery
Target creature you control deals damage equal to it's power to target opponent. That creature may not attack this turn.

Mercy W
Instant
Regenerate target creature you do not control. Draw a card. Gain life equal to that creature's converted mana cost, whenever that creature regenerates this turn.

Kolodros, the Mad RR2
Creature - Spellshaper Legend
The player with the most cards in hand gains control of Kolodros, the Mad.
T, Discard a card: Reveal a card from your hand. At end of turn, if that card is in your graveyard, return it to your hand.
2/4

Sky of Crystal U3
Enchantment
Creatures without flying do not untap. 3 : Return a tapped creature to it's owner's hand. Any player may play this ability.

Make an Example R
Instant
Sacrifice a creature. Gain control of all creatures of the same color.

Investment UW
Enchant Creature
X , Pay X life : Put X +0+1 counters on enchanted creature.
Sacrifice Investment , Remove all counters from enchanted creature : Gain 2 life for each counter removed in this way.

Petition U
Enchant Creature
Enchanted Creature is returned to the top of it's owner's library at end of owner's turn.

Terrible Day 2GB
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures. For each creature destroyed, it's owner may search his or her library for a land and put it into play tapped. All lands put into play this way count as 3/3 Green and Black Horror creatures.

Terraform 2GR
Sorcery
Sacrifice all lands you control. Search your library for an equal number of lands and put them into play. Nonbasic lands put into play this way come into play tapped. Draw a card.

Exaran the Betrayer R2
Creature - Thief Legend
R : Target player gains control of Exaran.
All creatures you control do not untap.
3/2

Mir, Ice Mage U3
Creature - Wizard Legend
UU : Tap target creature.
3/3

Azzalorh GWU
Creature - Cleric Legend
If Azzalorh is damaged, return one target creature to it's owner's hand for each one damage dealt.
2/2

Rend RB
Sorcery
Destroy target artifact. Deal X damage to any target creature or player, where X is that artifact's converted mana cost.

Soul Divide W
Sorcery
Remove target multi-colored creature from the game.

Dragon Egg RR1
Creature - Egg
During any upkeep, you may put an incubation counter on Egg.
Sacrifice Egg : Put a X/X Red Dragon creature with flying into play, where X is the number of incubation counter's on Egg.
0/2

Peace Offering WW3
Sorcery
If you have more life than any other player, the game is a draw.

Determination WW
Instant
You cannot lose the game this turn. Your life total cannot be reduced below one this turn. Draw a card.

Rectify 1W
Sorcery
Place a white creature from your graveyard into play if you control less creatures than any other player.
Draw a card if you have less cards in your hand than any other player.
Gain 2 life if you have less life than any other player.

[Edited by Landkiller on 11-13-00 at 07:52 PM]

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Evalore, Vague Impressionist 4UU
creature - shapeshifter legend
Evalore, the changling cannot be the target of spells or abilities
UU: Evalore gains all abilities target creature has until end of turn
UU : sacrifice a permanent tap: Evalore gains all abilities she has permanently
" did you ever think that what you see might not be what you get? "- Evalore
3/3

[Edited by Azreal the Soulmaster on 11-17-00 at 10:30 PM]

L

Landkiller

Forbidden Chamber 3
Artifact
If a player would draw a card, that player looks through his or her library and chooses a card instead. That card is put into the player's hand. During your upkeep, you may sacrifice Forbidden Chamber.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That looks WAY strong. After 3 turns you're able to look through your deck and pick out any card? I think either the cc should be upped or there should be a drawback of some sort or perhaps both.

Oh, and probably "Shuffle your library afterwards" would be good to add in any case.

L

Landkiller

Spidey :

Think of it as Howling Mine. Except it Demonic Tutors.

Yeah, shuffling is good!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking it's more like one of those green enchantments where you skip drawing but it permanently Demonic Tutors... since you aren't drawing 2 cards a turn like the Mine allows.

How about something like "Cumulative upkeep: 1 life" or "At the beginning of your upkeep, put a counter on <this>. Pay life equal to the number of counters on <this>"

L

Landkiller

Actually, I think "Pay 1 life anytime any player shuffles a library, or sacrifice this." Because that is 1. every time you or an opponent uses this. and 2. potentially a lot more.

Since, like Howling Mine, they get the first use, you lose a life. And if you want to keep going, it'll cost you.

And odds are a white mage will, search and Disenchant it anyway. Or Armageddon, or something bad.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

you haven't been to your thread in a while K i wanted to know what you thought of Evalore

K

K

...sorry for my flickering.

Evalore is one of the most interesting creatures I have come to see in my time! Very imagenative. It is a must have in my set.

I would like to "fix" it, if you don't mind that is. It is a great card already, but I like to make things just a little bit simpler, though your version will remain "unrevised" if I have to keep it. :)

Here's my version:

Evalore, Vague Impressionist 4UU
Creature - Shapeshifter Legend
Evalore can't be the target of spells or abilities.
UU: Evalore gains all abilities target creature has until end of the turn.
UU, sacrifice a permanent, Tap: Evalore gains all abilities she has permanently.
3/3
“Did you ever think that what you see might not be what you get?” -Evalore

You version was a bit complicated and had stuff that was already understood. Very, very nice card though. Bring on more ideas Azreal! I’ll be more than happy to work with you and revise some of this great stuff.

Landkiller, some of your cards are overly powerful, what's up with that?

Cateran Emperor, your Legends are great. Though they aren't what I'm looking for. I want simply, smaller stuff if you mind. If I was a "fatty" type of guy, I'll take your cards any second. :)

I'll wait for some more ideas (especially those of Azreal's).

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i like your changes to Evalore, and i really like her new flavor text i changing my post accordingly

K

K

Here are some cards...

Aquatic Elemental 3UU
Creature - Elemental
When Aquatic Elemental is put into the graveyard from play, you may pay X. You may only pay X with U. If you do, put an Elemental token into play. Treat that token as an X/X Blue creature that counts as an Elemental.
4/4

Prismatic Rain XG
Sorcery
Add X mana of any one color to your mana pool.

Forlorn Beast Raider 3G
Creature – Raider
Forlorn Beast Raider gains -2/-2 for each other creature you control.
6/6

Forlorn Valor 1G
Enchantment
As long as you control 1 creature, that creature gains +3/+3 and gains Trample.

See what you think, anyone...

[Edited by K on 11-17-00 at 10:58 PM]

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Alremeriah, the Watcher 3BBU
summon legend
BB:tap destroy target creature and put a -0 -1 counter on Alremeriah
1U: Alremeriah becomes a clone of target creature in an opponents graveyard
1U: Alremeriah loses all gained abilities
" my master has gifted me with the ability to mimic his victims "- Alremeriah the Watcher
1/8

K

K

Alramaiah, Watcher 2UB
Creature - Assassin Legend
2UB, Tap: Untap and gain control of target creature. At the end of the turn, sacrifice that creature.
"My master has gifted me with the ability to become his master." -Alramaiah
2/3

Your version is good. The "cloning" part will have so many errata, just like Clone it. I try to avoid confusion as much as possible. My version is "somewhat" similar to your version, though it is clearly altered from its original being. Like I said, I like your version, though it has ruling to deal with. Besides, everyone should know by now that I like simple cards. :)

I also changed the name and the flavor text to fit the card even better.

K

K

Yes, I know; I like Spinal Embrace.

You missed my cards? You didn't comment them. They're right above, just scroll up a bit.

Here are more to add to them:

Forbidden Desire 3UU
Instant
Counter target spell. Search your library for a Forbidden Desire and put it into your hand.
Shuffle your library.
“When I said ‘no’, I meant it…” -K

Constant Wind 3U
Instant
Tap all creatures target player controls.
Search your library for a Constant Wind card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.

[Edited by K on 11-17-00 at 11:00 PM]

D

DÛke

...right here:

Obligate 2UU
Instant
Gain control of target permanent unless that permanent’s controller pays X.
X is the permanent’s total mana cost.
“Don’t expect to keep what you bought forever…without paying additional fees…” -Sadee

Fragileness 2W
Enchant – Permanent
2W: Destroy enchanted permanent if it is tapped.
“As fragile as light itself…” -Sadee

Evolutionary Process 1G
Enchant – Creature
Whenever Evolutionary Process leaves play, enchanted creature is sacrificed.
Whenever enchanted creature deals damage, put an Evolve counter on Evolutionary Process.
Sacrifice Evolutionary Process: Put into play a Beast token. Treat that token as an X/X Green creature.
X is the number of Evolve counters on Evolutionary Process.
“Evolution takes slow, steady, rhythmic change…unlike Metamorphosis…” -DÛke

Incubus Witness 3B
Creature - Incubus
As Incubus Witness comes to play, you may remove it from the game.
If you do, target player sacrifices a creature of your choice.
2/2
“Kills death…” -Sadee

Incubus Specter 3B
Creature – Incubus
As Incubus Specter comes to play, you may remove it from the game.
If you do, target player discards 2 cards at random.
2/2
“Hurts pain…” -Sadee

Incubus Emperor 3BB
Creature – Incubus
As Incubus Emperor comes to play, you may remove it from the game.
If you do, creatures you control gain +1/+1 and creatures opponent controls gains -1/-1 until end of the turn.
3/3
“Death? Pain? I’m with all…” –Sadee

Incubus Call 1B
Instant
Search your library for a card and remove it from the game, then shuffle your library.
Until end of the turn, whenever you cast a creature spell, you may remove that creature from the game.
If you do, put the card searched by Incubus Call into your hand.
“?” –Incubus daze, Sadee

Incubus Attack 1B
Instant
Until end of the turn, whenever you cast a creature spell, you may remove that creature from the game.
If you do, target creature gains +4/+0 or +0/-4 until end of the turn.
“…” –Incubus daze, Sadee

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i really like aquatic elemental, and primatic rain is exactly the kind of card needed to play spells like drain life or Atalya's ability in multicolored decks
that counterspell that lets you search for more is just so evil

D

DÛke

...this set is good. Let's complete it.

Deconstruction 2RB
Instant
Remove target artifact or creature from the game.
“If we’re following our mind…we can glide in through light…
NO ONE knows if there’ll be an answer, while we’re morphing through time.” Cretu, Morphing thru Time

Depletion Field 2BB
Enchantment
As Annihilation Chamber comes to play, target player looses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
B: target player looses 1 life and you gain 1 life. If you use this ability, sacrifice Annihilation at the end of the turn.
“We are floating over the line…LET US follow our mind!
All our life we’ll wait for the answer, and the question is WHY?” –Cretu, Morphing thru Time

Parasitical 4BB
Creature – Horror
B, put a -1/-1 counter on a creature you control: Put a +1/+1 counter on Parasitical.
B, put a -1/-1 counter on Parasitical: put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
3/3
“It feeds on the weak, and on seeing them getting weak.” –DÛke, Sade

Mind Parasite 2BB
Creature – Horror
Mind Parasite gains -1/-1 for each card in opponent’s hand.
2BB: Until end of the turn, Mind Parasite gains +2/+2 for each card in opponent’s hand.
4/4
“It strength comes from its victim’s weakness…MENTAL weakness.” –DÛke, Sade

Rebuke Parasite 2BB
Creature – Horror
2BB: Creatures opponent controls gain -1/-1 for each card in that player’s hand.
2BB: Creatures you control gain +1/+1 for each card in target opponent’s hand.
2/2
“What you know doesn’t necessarily help you…not in this case anyway.” –DÛke, Sade

There, more soon.

D

DÛke

...here:

Paranoia 1UB
Instant
Until end of the turn, whenever a permanent becomes the target of spell or ability, that permanent is sacrificed
“Paranoid?” – Para

Paranoid Conscious UU
Enchant – Creature
Return target creature back to owner’s hand. If that creature came into play this turn, you may choose to put that creature on top of owner’s library.
“A paranoid conscious could be your enemy…or friend, depending on…me…” –Para

Paradox 1U
Enchantment
As Paradox comes to play, name a non-basic land card.
Whenever an opponent draws a card, that card is revealed to all players.
If that card is the named card, remove that card from the game, and return Paradox to owner’s hand.
“Contradiction.” –Para

Times of Change 3U
Sorcery
Shuffle your library and reveal the top card of it to all players.
If that card is an artifact, creature, or land, that card is put into play under your control.
Otherwise, put that card into your hand.
“Times are changing, yet nothing changes…but still, there are changes.” -Para

Sudden Urgency U
Instant
Search your library for an Instant or Sorcery card and remove that card from the game.
Shuffle your library. Until end of the turn, you may play that card as though it was in your hand.
“Sudden desires emerge…yet….fades away like an unimportant urge…remerge…” -Para

Fatal Obsession 1B
Instant
Remove target creature opponent controls from the game. At the end of the turn, return that creature into play under owner’s control, and put a -1/-1 counter on that creature.
“Obsession with life is obsession with pain, depression…and…death.” –Para

T.N.T for the Brain 3B
Sorcery
Opponent sets cards in his or her hand into two face up piles.
Remove one pile of your choice from the game, and return the other pile back into owner’s hand.
“If, there’s no pain…and rules, are still the same…I’m with you, just lead me…I’m ready…to play…” –Sandra

Enigmatic Encounter 3U
Sorcery
Opponent sets his or her permanents into two face up piles.
Return one pile of your choice back into owner’s hand, and return the other pile into play under owner's control.
“What’s the meaning of this…crazy game?” –Sandra

Limitless Borders 3W
Sorcery
Each player sacrifices enough artifacts, creatures, lands, and enchantments until each player has the same amount of each permanent.
“Not even sight can extend…that much.” –Para

[Edited by DÛke on 11-18-00 at 12:27 PM]