2 Sky Diamond
2 Marble Diamond
7 Plains
7 Island
1 Dust Bowl
1 Kor Haven
2 Coastal Tower
4 Adarkar Wastes

Might have a bad matchup with straight red...but Queen is hard to burn. Inspired by Flores latest article...

A LOT of decks that are at the top of the list have only limited threats. With this you can eot everything and stop the nasty sorceries like Geddon and Wrath. Nether Go will be out if the chain is started as it will be staved by Nightwind.

This one seems to be playing well for me too...

phantmjokr

D

Duel

I dunno how stable rebels are anymore. Every deck will be paking rebelkillers. From Tsabo's decree (the badass killer) to brutal suppression to teferi's moat. the rebel engine is still working, but I think it will be a secondary, not primary attribute.

R

rkoelsch

I like how yours has a flying theme. But desertion is five mana counterspell kinda pricey. I also like the synergy brainstorm and rebel search has. I prefer it to Fact or Fiction.

[Edited by rkoelsch on 10-31-00 at 11:10 AM]

D

Duel

If you intend to beat Nether-Go, I suggest you work on the recurrence and redundancy of your deck. Both are in trouble. The recurrence, a single Sivvi, can't hold up to nether-go, and is easily countered, you need at least 2. Probably 3.

Also, you definately should add cards like topple and Excise, to get rid of the spirit, permanently.

Desertion is weaker than bribery. Use Bribery.

P

phantmjokr

I haven't got a "comfortable" version yet for sure...

One of the things is that there are a lot of ways to go with this idea...and another thing is that while I've felt that it's surely not a bad idea I'm not sure of how good of one it is either...

and a question as to what KIND of deck CR is. I think it might be that kind that SM put down today. It isn't beatdown, it's not generally real control(although we are working on a board control version). It's not even Aggro control...

It is I think unique. After getting your engine established you do everything in response. It is a responsive card advantage deck. How will that fare? I don't know. The card advantage part should win when established and it should be established with enough frequency...with the right build.

One thing is that the idea can be tuned greatly to the metagame and there's not much of that yet.

Should probably just stuff it with Prohibit. Should probably look at the blue white stuff with colored kickers. Could think about Angelic Shield...lots to consider.

There should be a pretty darn good budget deck here as well...

carry on...

R

rkoelsch

Lin Sivvi would almost never be hard cast. If they don't counter the sergeant a heavy counter deck would have to rely on bounce to disrupt the chain.
I include 2 Lin's in my deck but wouldn't go above that. I would include last breath in the SB to remove the spirit. I don't like bribery main deck. I think there will be too many creature poor decks to run it main.

D

Duel

I assume nether-go packs SOME removal...... Sivvi might as well be named "fodder"

I agree with you about bribery. A while back I ran 2 because I faced so many decks with maindecked avatars of woe, but now, the biggest attractions in creatures are Nether Spirit and Pyre Zombie. What do they do? Go to their owner's graveyard. Yay.
Nonetheless, it is a good card, for against ----geddon. You can get the first mageta, or a derm, etc....