1 Yawgmoth's Agenda
1 Death Pit Offering
4 Urborg Volcano
4 Sulfurous Springs
1 Dust Bowl
1 Keldon Necropolis
9 Swamp
6 Mountain

This deck is winning about 80% in random matches which includes some 1.x. The Soul Burn should probably go...the rest is pretty solid. It is quite mana hungry but I've beaten the Geddon. DPO isn't easy to get or keep but it breaks Nether parity...

Agenda is counter intuitive i.e. it can be pitched to Unmask. It's only purpose it to break some late games and try and save some games vs LD. I've made the Urza's Rage go off w kicker from the grave to finish...early it's completely dead in hand...

D

Duel

Okay, first off, and I hate to say this: The agenda is HORRIBLE in this deck. It kills off your spirits, your hammers, your zombies, everything. Not a good card for the deck.

The rest is tournament-level. A deck I expect to see popping up. Let's take a look at what can eb improved:

RecusiveDeath
4 Vampiric Tutor
3 Nether Spirit (4 is too many, I think. You only want 1 at a time, usually)
4 Pyre Zombie
3 Hammer of Bogardan
4 Scorching Lava
4 Seal of Fire
3 Urza's Rage
2 Void
1 Death Pit Offering
4 Pillage
2 ghitu fire

4 Bloodtone Cameo
4 Urborg Volcano
4 Sulfurous Springs
1 Dust Bowl
9 Swamp
6 Mountain

P

phantmjokr

Yes...Agenda seems horrible...but as I said I can pitch it to Unmask(a card which I haven't like till this.) Unmask is basically going against Geddon as this deck is VERY mana hungry. And it puts stuff out of game so you pitch extra Nether or Agenda if you can't hard cast it. Agenda wouldn't be cast unless it was actually going to WIN you a game late...like with a kickered Rage from the Grave or in any case that you thought you could burn out your opponent in a couple of turns. You could certainly drop it...

The Soul Burn should go. You want 4 Urza's Rage vs counter decks.

Keldon Necropolis is a MUST. I'am actually thinking about 2 and it's a top Vampiric move. With it and an active Nether you are uncounterable for 2 a turn(Tefaris response would be a killer tho). Against Nether Go this would mean you'll fry their Nether and attack hopefully with a Zombie that you've cast multiple times.

I'm considering serious mana acceleration. Diamonds are best if you've got them...

phantmjokr

D

Duel

how about rituals? a first-turn spirit/cameo or a second turn death pit can be intimidating.

P

phantmjokr

Having seen 'Flores Gold' i tweaked to this...

RecusiveDeath3
3 Vampiric Tutor
3 Nether Spirit
3 Pyre Zombie
2 Hammer of Bogardan
4 Scorching Lava
4 Seal of Fire
4 Urza's Rage
3 Void
3 Addle
3 Unmask
1 Perish
1 Forced March
1 Death Pit Offering
2 Fire Diamond
2 Charcoal Diamond
2 Urborg Volcano
4 Sulfurous Springs
1 Dust Bowl
1 Keldon Necropolis
8 Swamp
5 Mountain
SB: 3 Perish
SB: 4 Cursed Totem
SB: 4 Boil
SB: 4 Massacre

SB is a quickie. White Bears might still be beating...

More of the winter of long control...

Z

Zadok001

[me] leaps away from his computer at the sight of his decklist... [/me]

That's MY tech! :) Gimme that back! (Where'd you see that?)

P

phantmjokr

Well...it was mailed directly to ME! phantmjokr aka mrx@....com

As you can see I was inching my way toward this golden idea anyway as it were...

and there are still some major differences...

What say ye to Forced March? How do you deal with a lot of Crusaded Rebels?

after losing a tough match to Fatty Geddon(and I'm about 8-1(and I'm talking like 16-2 in games) vs that deck with various other decks. Does that mean overrated?) I returned to the same matchup with version 3 and wrecked them 2-0...

This deck begs the same sort of question that Counter Wrath does. How many games/matches will you finish? How many draws will you take?

More of the long winter of control...

D

Duel

Dave? THAT was your tech? I'm dissapointed.... I was expecting something more... creative.

Z

Zadok001

Yah, that's my tech. Well, not exactly. But close enough to bear a startling resemblance...

Re: Forced March/Crusaded Rebels

My deck features enough removal to deal with every single Rebel in your average Rebel deck, one at a time - maindeck. :) Void is absolutely stunning against Rebels, taking out searchers, and keeping your opponent from holding back similar searchers in their hand. Likewise, Tsabo's Decree is my sideboard card of choice, simply eradicating all Rebels from play, and putting my opponent in topdeck mode.

I perfer Void and Decree to the March in this deck, because of increased versitility. And, of course, you must take into account the mana cost...

Re: Counter/Wrath

I find there are usually no draws, but there are a lot of concessions by the Counter deck... Between the Zombies, Hammers, and Blazing Specters (of which I use two, try 'em out, they're quite strong), most control decks kinda curl up in a little ball. Counters do nothing to the deck, and Wrath is usually more of a stalling tactic than card advantage. Hammer weakens any offense the U/W deck can put up (Hammering a Jeweled Spirit each turn is absolutely hilarious!), and Pyre Zombie finishes them.

Counter Wrath also has serious post-Sideboard problems with this deck. Chill is annoying, but Flashfires and Boil are MORE annoying. Boil, especially, can cut a player out of a key color of mana with ease.

Re: Geddon

Geddon is a real pain for my version of the deck. I can't usually win fast enough to survive a 'Geddon, and after one, I'm often neutered from attacking. Fatties aren't usually troublesome (Killer Apps are good regenerating blockers), but the 'Geddons completely destroy this mana hungry deck. I'm working on a sideboard to beat it.

P

phantmjokr

**Yah, that's my tech. Well, not exactly. But close enough to bear a startling resemblance...**

actually at another look they are still quite dissimilar I think...

**My deck features enough removal to deal with every single Rebel in your average Rebel deck, one at a time - maindeck.**

Hmmm. The "Flores Gold" I'm looking at from someone @ stevens tech has a Wumpus and 2 burn spells...

**Void is absolutely stunning against Rebels, taking out searchers, and keeping your opponent from holding back similar searchers in their hand. Likewise, Tsabo's Decree is my sideboard card of choice, simply eradicating all Rebels from play, and putting my opponent in topdeck mode.**

Well I think the problem is the Geddon making it tough to cast any of the high cc hosers.

**I perfer Void and Decree to the March in this deck, because of increased versitility. And, of course, you must take into account the mana cost...**

actually now that I think of it the CC is probably a pain with March and is a little better on the color requirements with the others. You've got a delecate balance with dead cards with a deck like this one. That's why in part I was running the Unmask...

Wait a minute! You aren't Sean M are you? Hmmm...I was confused...but I've seen your handle at the end of some writing right?

**Re: Counter/Wrath

I find there are usually no draws, but there are a lot of concessions by the Counter deck... Between the Zombies, Hammers, and Blazing Specters (of which I use two, try 'em out, they're quite strong), most control decks kinda curl up in a little ball. Counters do nothing to the deck, and Wrath is usually more of a stalling tactic than card advantage. Hammer weakens any offense the U/W deck can put up (Hammering a Jeweled Spirit each turn is absolutely hilarious!), and Pyre Zombie finishes them.

Counter Wrath also has serious post-Sideboard problems with this deck. Chill is annoying, but Flashfires and Boil are MORE annoying. Boil, especially, can cut a player out of a key color of mana with ease.**

"Who's the beatdown?"

My general thing is that there are all of these long control decks floating around seemingly in the top slots and that you wind up in a lot of long matches. I took CW in an online tourney and finished one game a match and went 1-1(losing to a rogue G/U with Bouncers). This deck is in the same sort of boat a lot. Against rush decks you are forced to play a lot of control which makes for longish games and against control decks the recursion takes a while to break. Against CW the main thing that you have to do is make sure and kill the creature clock which is a combo of Zombie and Rage or Necropolis/Nether plus Rage. I guess you can get them with Nether in 13 or so turns...

Nether Go is long again...

This is one of the reasons that I'm researching CR as I think it may have the power to have enough control and then creatures to break up this problem of so many long games. IF you read my CR post I try to theorize that that deck doesn't fit into what we've come to think about in terms of beatdown, aggro control, and control. It's more of that middling sort of control beatdown that McKeown just panned while also realizing that something different perhaps needs to break the perceived environment...

**Re: Geddon

Geddon is a real pain for my version of the deck. I can't usually win fast enough to survive a 'Geddon, and after one, I'm often neutered from attacking. Fatties aren't usually troublesome (Killer Apps are good regenerating blockers), but the 'Geddons completely destroy this mana hungry deck. I'm working on a sideboard to beat it.**

Well guy drops a Blasty on me, as I say and I Void for 4. He loses Blasty, Geddon, and a P Wave. Geddon is the single reason the deck needs peek discard and IMHO 6 is the number...Mine can burn up their mana most of the time which makes it less likely that they are going to Geddon. I actually think that this deck could perhaps want 6 Diamonds...

Seans deck might have a flaw. It's very creature light. VERY. I think he's planning on tutoring for them...but IF I'm playing U and I smell R/B I wouldn't let one tutor go through because they are going to either get a recurring creature, spell, or something like Necropolis.

Mine is getting there I think(although my SB is terrible). I think I can hang with Geddon and probably beat both CR and most of the Nether Go(although a Waters version or a SB'ed Waters might make things real bad. I'm beginning to think that that might be the eventual outcome of both Waters and Nether Go tinkering deck. Nether Go Waters).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Wouldn't you put Blazing Specter in a Deck like this? I have a similar deck and I run for of them.

Ransac, who owns a foil Blazing Specter

D

Duel

Phantm: No, he isn't Sean M. He IS a feature author at StarcityCCG, under the name David Zadok Stroud. That's probably where you've seen it. (See "How to play with too much removal")

And his deck is hell to play against. The thing about it being creature light is a joke: he doesn't need more than 1, usually. Unless he plays r/g, and his burn usually enough.

I smile at his trouble with geddon. If he'd only sideboard addles, or stromgald cabal (It may be worth it) he would have no problem.