changing for the worse: rewording with bad changes

T

theorgg

this issue was brought about by the new wording for AEther storm. it now effects all creatures, not just "creature-type" creatures. this makes it near useless since you cannot cast artifact creatures. Wotc needs to reword where the card's use is somwhat unchanged.

anyone agree?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I agree.
But I don't understand the question. I made an AEther storm deck back in the Homelands days, and it was awful. It was fun, but it wasn't going to win anything. Why did WotC bother to errata such an obscure card? Was the DCI bored? Did BethMo hit it with a dart? Or had they already reached their "good card" quota for the set and were just trying to make sure it would never see play?

I'm astounded this is even a question.

AEther Storm?

TomB
CPA Member
"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref Tutor

Z

Zadok001

Excuse me while I leap onto a random tangent. How does one make the cool little AE thing on AEther Storm? It's probably alt-####, but what? Anyone know?

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic

B

ben

In regards to Zadok001's post...

Using the IBM(DOS) extended ACSII character set, it's:

ALT + 146

Æ

L

Limner

So let me get this straight. They errata'd Waylay, which became competitive w/the new rules, because it was not being played as per the original intent but Aether Storm, which was never competitive, was errata'd to bring it in line w/the new rules which now violates it's original intent. Is it me or are the walls spinning? Just some thoughts...the Limner.