I'm thinking about this casual/maybe tourney...

M

Milt

Greetings fellow inmates.
Here's an idea I've been kicking around.
It's focus is finding your enchantments, keeping them around, and then bringing them back if necessary. It kills with Chameleon and Tek (the bomb!) and Sleeper Robe, and prevents the opponent from attacking with Moat and Dueling Grounds.
Tell me what you all think about improving...

Land: 18
9 Forest
3 Island
2 Swamp
2 Plains
2 Mountain

Creatures: 17
2 Kavu Chameleon
3 Tek
4 Spore Frog
3 Quirion Elves
3 Tidal Visonary
2 Hanna, Ships Navigator

Card Drawing: 8
4 Fact or Fiction
4 Opt

Utility Spells: 18
2 Sleeper’s robe
3 Sterling Grove
2 Enlightened Tutor
2 Disenchant
1 Dueling Grounds
1 Teferi’s Moat
1 Harsh Judgement
2 Pulse of the Llanowar
4 Harrow

If we tweak it enough, it might be tourney worthy :)

R

rkoelsch

I don't think Fact or Fiction is all that. In a deck like yours I like worldly counsel. I played on apprentice against someone playing fact or fiction in one game he drew 4 land and a Skizzik. he did not have any mountains out but 2 were in the draw. I had a seismic mage out that was wrecking havoc. so I separated into 4 land or skizzik. he took the land. I killed 3 more land before he drew and answer to the mage. The next game he was playing U/W mill. his 5 cards were 2 counterspells, opt, hanna and WOG. I had a creature beatdown going but he had a moat out. I separated into 2 counter, and opt in 1 pile and WOG and Hanna in the other. He took the counters and never drew another WOG. I think it is a very difficult card use correctly.

P

Purple_jester

Rkoelsch: Using Fact or Fiction is all skill. Responding to a FoF is also skill. There are seldom "automatic" responses to a FoF draw. From what you've mentioned, your opponent had no idea what he really needed, but you knew exactly how to stump him (I would have gone for the Wrath, personally). Sometimes the card works that way. Most of the time though, it works just fine.

Anyway, Milt, RK's right in saying that Worldly Counsel is good in a deck like yours. Perhaps 2 FoF's and 2 Counsels would be good.

However, I must question why you would use only 18 lands in a 61-card deck. Remember, to use Harrow, you need at least 3 lands, preferrably by the 3rd turn. AND one of them has to be a Forest.

To that end, this deck is better off searching for basic lands, rather than producng multi-colored mana. Thus, Pulse of Llanowar is best removed in favor of Elfhame Sanctuary. A second turn Sanctuary and third turn Harrow would thus be your best opening.

Also, with Enlightened Tutor, you're better off using Seals of Cleansing instead of Disenchant.

Try tweaking now. ;)

L

Landkiller

a problem with Fact or Fiction is that as much as you may not know how to divide the piles correctly based on a lack of knowledge of their hand, they may not choose the correct pile based on a lack of knowledge about your hand. This offers tremendous opportunity to psych someone out when dividing the piles. Only if they can believe that you may not be bluffing. If your deck is known to have Persecute in it, the division of cards may not be strictly equally powered piles. Fact or Fiction is good. But it shows your opponent too much, gives them too much power. Only if you can abuse the graveyard does it start to be broken.

W

Whimsical

Fact or Fiction? It's a wonderful card! It allows player interaction beyond questioning the parentage of your opponent when he 'Geddons with Multani, Maro-Sorcerer in play. :D

Using FoF DOES require that you know your own deck inside out ... and trust moi, making snap decisions when using FoF is much bad juju. Admittedly, it lets your opponent catch a good glimpse of your library ... but the potential of being able to bluff your foe into making a faulty division of the 5 cards is worth it. FoF adds psych warfare to the field. Invasion was well worth the wait...

On to the deck. :D

Looks at first glance like the pre-con Spectrum. I'll go with the flow and say that Elfhame Sanc would be better for the deck.

Add Global Ruination here. Your deck can effectively exploit the mayhem that blasted card will wreak on the playing field. Maybe 1 or 2 Tribal Flames for a dash of cheese to the deck.

Um, why not Pacifism instead of the Frogs? Or maybe even Thornscape Apprentice (though it's a rather mana intensive solution unlike Pacifism). With Sterling Grove out, no one can bother the Pacifisms ... apart from an ill-timed Washout or Tranquility of course.

I think you need bigger buggers here. Try the assorted Djinns of Invasion (barring the Sulam of course). They're all great beating sticks, and ridiculously easy to splash.

Err, what the beebles are the Tidal Visionaries for? I see no pro-color critters in here. <cracks knuckles> If you don't mind ... I like your deck so much, I think I'll take a scalpel to it... :D

Powering all this nonsense: 20
10 Forest
2 Island
2 Swamp
2 Plains
2 Mountain
2 Archeological Dig

Come here, not so little critters!: 15
2 Kavu Chameleon
2 Tek
2 Zanam Djinn (fat Moti lives again!)
2 Ruham Djinn (massive first-strike stick)
2 Thornscape Apprentice
4 Quirion Elves / Birds of Paradise
1 Hanna, Ship's Navigator

Need more cards in hand ... now!: 5
2 Fact or Fiction
3 Enlightened Tutor

Go away, little critters!: 6
4 Pacifism
2 Tribal Flames

Fun with enchantments: 8
3 Sterling Grove
2 Aura Shards (reusable disenchants!)
1 Dueling Grounds
1 Teferi’s Moat
1 Harsh Judgement

Where mah land?!: 6
2 Elfhame Sanctuary
4 Harrow

The mana still feels a tad bit janky to moi after all mah butchery of your deck. <laughs> Take mah advice with a grain of salt. Nice concept, btw.

Your deck, your tune-up. Happy Magicking! :D

R

rkoelsch

Mana is the key to these multicolored decks. They are mana hogs.
Here are some cards to consider
Alexi Cloak(enchant creature counter Snuff out I don't think so)
Prohibit(counter -tranquility 3cc, armageddon 4cc, reverent silence 4cc this may be sideboard stuff)

M

Milt

I like all the suggestions so far!
The reason for the Visionary's was anti-black removeal (oh..you only THOUGHT he was a Green Djinn *poof*)
ONly one Babe (read: Hanna) here? Me think there should be 2. Cuz, once she comes out, she's probably gonna be targeted for death due to illegal solicitation of dead enchantments :)

What about Shackles instead of Pacifism? Instant return if necessary...for only 1 more mana...but, I do like the looks of pacifism too.. (ponder, ponder)

I'd love to add Global Enema, but I don't have any :(

What the hey..I'm gonna go practice with this on apprentice..wish me luck :)

W

Whimsical

Good call on the Tidal Visionary ... but I'd rather use a card that can stand alone as opposed to one that depends on others. 'sides ... you can always run a few Goham Djinns (black) in place of Zanam if you're that worried about black spot removal.

I only plugged in one Refugee from Star Trek (look at Hanna's art and tell moi that it's not a phaser/disrupter she's wielding!) because the entire deck doesn't really revolve around her. If she comes out, hooray. If she gets terminated, smile, shrug and continue the beatdown. Think of her as a deck mascot, albeit a useful one. ;)

Pacifism tends to stop a creature cold ... shackles is ... is ... inefficient. Don't ask why. I can't provide a mathematical explanation like the rest of the CPAers ... it's just a gut feeling of moi. :D Arrest will do as spot removal too.

Any decent LD will cream this deck though. Then again, there aren't that many LDs floating around in T-2. Armageddon though ... mister rkoelsch sir is correct. You'd better plug in countering capability in the sideboard to deal with the inevitable Blastogeddons you'll run into.

Good luck with the deck! :)