Chrono Trigger

D

dw51688

What exactly are you talking about. Never even heard of the game.

N

nodnarb24

Chrono Trigger is only one of the best RPGs for the SNES.

D

Darsh

You have never heard of Chrono Trigger?!?!?!?!?!?
It's only one (if not the) best rpgs ever made!
Good, luck if you're trying to find it cheap, most places sell it for 70-90$

D

Darsh

Why don't you download a ROM of it, it's not as good as on the ole' Super but it's alright.

C

Copious Wrath

Telling you what the Chrono Trigger is would be a major, MAJOR, *MAJOR* plot spoiler.

So play it and find out. You won't miss the 30+ hours of your time...

D

Darsh

Then you can go and get Chrono Cross, the sequel to Chrono Trigger!

C

Copious Wrath

Please, don't bring up Chrono Cross. I'm trying not to think about it.

C

Cateran Emperor

Arrrrrrr. I'm considering getting PS2 just for all the awesome PS games I never got to play.

CT is the greatest, most incredibly deep RPG on the whole damn SNES. It has the most insanely convoluted plot of any game I ever palyed save FFIV, yet it executes it in such a way that you keep guessing. The cause-effect relationship that's everywhere in the game is cool as heck, constantly making you wonder what results of your actions. There are at least TWELVE endings to the game based on what you do and do not do.

As for what the Chrono Trigger is, I can't tell you unless you really want a colossal spoiler for the game. Are you absolutely SURE you want to know? I

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW, DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST
Okay, I guess you do. Crono is slain by Lavos in the Kingdom of Zeal in 12000 BC when Queen Zeal attempts to summon the bigass beast. Magus reveals why he tried to destroy Guardia and fights to stop Lavos, but is also nearly killed.Back at The End of Time, Gaspar reveals that there is a way to resurrect Crono. He gives you the "Chrono Trigger" and tells you that you must find an exact replica of Crono to swap for Crono just before Lavos hits him. Once you get the dummy from the Amazing whatever the guy's name is back in Guardia in 1000 AD, go to 2300 AD and climb Death Mountain. When you reach the summit, the Trigger converges Time to wherever you want, so Marle uses it to shift everyone back to 12000 BC and enters Frozen Time. There she swaps the dummy for Crono just before Lavos kills him, removing that event from the timeline and saving Crono.
SPOILER OVER
Okay, now do you get it?

C

Copious Wrath

I would get PS2... if it wasn't $400.

There's a grand total of 17 *unique* endings, I believe.

P

pallad

wow, i remember getting chrono trigger for 30 dollars, i still have it.

D

Darsh

Ach! Thanks for the warning CE, I would have ruined the entire game if I read that. Sigh, I never have played CT, I guess it's about time I started.:)

T

The Magic Jackal

Chrono trigger is the second best game on snes. Earthbound is 1st. Speaking of chrono trigger. I hear that if you enter the right side of the time machine at the beginning of the game instead of the left side you'll be able to fight larvos right away. I've never tried it, but it might be worth checking out.

C

Copious Wrath

Earthbound was okay. Not great, but okay. The art was pretty cool, though.

It's true. I tried it... and got slaughtered. You're supposed to go through it in a New Game+, I believe.

C

Cateran Emperor

Aye. If you use the right gateway you go immediately to Lavos. If you aren't on New Game+, you'll be massacred. BADLY, massacred. REALLY badly. No, I mean it's gonna hurt! Even on new Game+, it's not very easy, but I've managed it. You get the best ending that way.

Earthbound was a good game. Definately a unique storyline to build a game around. I'd say my favorite SNES RPG is probably FFIV. Damn, now that was a PLOT. Earthbound is definately up there though.

T

The Magic Jackal

I tried the trick on znes, and it didn't work. I was standing in the portal for awhile, but nothing ever happened.

Earthbound was extremely cool. It's very unique, which is why i like it. You'll never see another game like it on snes. I can't wait for earthbound 64, whenever that comes out. They keep delaying it. It would be pretty cool if they released it with game cube. Denifitely worth buying gamecube then.

I can wait for Megara's Mask! So much more zelda to play, so little time...

C

Cateran Emperor

Yeah, OB64 has me busy, so I'm holding off on LoZ:MM until the holiday season.

Earthbound 64 is, sadly, never coming to the US. I think they axed the English version of it last August or so. :(

T

The Magic Jackal

Damn nintendo. Why can't they give us earthbound? I've waited patiently for so long.....

D

Darsh

It happens a lot with titles that are little known and weren't very big sellers, unfortunatly.:(