price hikes

N

nueromancer

is any one other than me bothered by the price hike that will come with mercadien masques? i think it expensive enough as is.

N

nekrataal

I can see their reasoning for the price increase. They have had it at a steady price since (as far as I remember) before Mirage. At least they aren't increasing the price by like a dollar or anything.

Just my $.02

-nekrataal

Ferret

Staff member
Eh? So, they went up again? Huge company out to make money - can't increase the quality of the product? Why not increase the price instead! For fun, they can say they need it to pay for the R&D Dept...

-ferret

"...or to further finance the Pro Tour..."

G

GeneralStamp

IMHO, the price hike ain't to bad. It's only 30 cents afterwards. As long as Mercadian Masques and the sets that follow it are of good quality, I don't mind.

" One,two,three,four, don't know how to count no more..."

C

Child of Gaea

My opinion stated from the view of a poverty stricken family is, no matter what the justification of the price hike, they should be able to better justify by improving the product, not releasing sets so fast that your cards are not legal by the time you get a decent amount of them, and not making cards that you do have illegal or useless anyways. I probably wouldn't be so poverty stricken if I didn't spend so much money on cards, but you have to in order to stay competitive.Catch 22's suck.

Child of Gaea

"Rent or cards, rent or cards?" "Ten packs of Destiny please."

T

Tobold

I work. Every year I get a raise in pay. Everybody does. Even the employees of WotC. So with the time the "costs" in the budget of WotC grow. So they have to raise prices. It is called inflation. 10% price increase after so many years of stable prices is pretty reasonable. Shoes, clothes, food and everything else except computers also went up by about the same percentage. I bet WotC is paying more for cardboard as well.

Price increase has nothing to do with the quality of the product.