I was thinking about how white could have a regenerator.

Killer Joe

White Regenerator.

Angel X, Giver of Life
1WW
0/1 Flyer
Add three life to target opponents life total:Regenerate Angel X.

D

DÛke

What's the point of that card?
Good idea, but, bad card:).

Here's another one YellowJacket:

Commando Knight 3WW
Creature - Knight
First Strike, Protection from Black.
Tap all Artifacts, Creatures, and Lands you control: regenerate Commando Knight.
3/3

F

FoundationOfRancor

I dunno...what was the point of that 0/1 B flyer with regen duke-o?

Giver Angel 2WW
Creature-Angel
Flying
Your oppenent gains 4 life: Regenerate
3/3

Giver Knight WW
Creature-Knight
First Strike
Cannot be the target of spells.
Your oppenent may put a +1+2 counter on a creature he controls: Regenerate
2/2
[Forgot to attach the p/t!-FoR]

Clouded Unicorn 2WW
Creature- Unicorn
Whenever a artifact or enchantment is destoryed, gain 2 life.
Your oppenent may destory target artifact or enchantment; Regenerate.
2/2

I like the idea yellowjacket...what do you think?

[Edited by FoundationOfRancor on 10-17-00 at 05:52 PM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
is that Will O'Wisp was 1cc while Angel X is 3cc, and of course the cost to regenerate. By the time you get Angel X out, preseumably there's some dude attacking you that's not worth giving 3 life to your opponent.

A slightly better way (and more in comparison) is having Angel X cost W and just have your opponent gain 1 life for it to regenerate.

But your cards seem pretty good, FoR.

E

Elrond

I was just thinking that white already has a regenerator.

The very obscure Clergy of the Holy Nimbus. I don't know how much it costs to play or its power/toughness, but it regenerates for free if nobody else pays 1.

Oh, and I like FoR's card ideas too, especially the Unicorn.

N

nodnarb24

Clergy of the holy nimbus is a 1/1 for W. If it would be destroyed it regenerates unless any player pays 1.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i still like the ones that return to top of your deck if they die, like avenging angel but here's an idea
relentless angel
W
put a enchantment you control on top of your library: regenerate relentless angel
0/1

"the light is merely an illusion, for those too timid to embrace the darkness" - Azreal the Soulmaster

R

revolt2000x

Here's a white regenerator for y'all that is in the flavor of Invasion.

Angel of Renewal
4W
Creature - Angel
Flying
Tap an untapped green creature you control: Regenerate Angel of Renewal.
3/2

H

Hetemti

White does not need regeneration, it allready has regeneration.

Mother of Runes-W
T: Regenerate Mother of Runes
1/1

Death Ward-W
Instant
Regenerate target critter.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

mother of runes is tap target creature gets protection from any color you chose until end of turn not regenrate

"the light is merely an illusion for those too timid to embrace the darkness"- Azreal the Soulmaster

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hetemti: I think they're just kicking around the idea of having the regenerating ability built-in. Like Green has the Regenerate enchantment but also has tons of built-in regenerators (I know it's primary for that color, I'm just giving an example).

H

Hetemti

I know that...I'm a geanyous!

White doesn't need regeneration. It'll either protect the critter or prevent the damage.
Also, white is the color of combat tricks, anyway.

Pacify, Muzzle, Arrest, Shakles, Soul Scuptor, MoR, Festival, Holy Day, Healing Salve, Ramosian Rally, Cho-Manno's Blessing...heck, I've seen LASHKNIFE save the day! White can not be stopped unless blue says so, because blue can not be beat. Blue is the only threat to white, and blue does not need creatures 'cept Superman, and nothing can stop him, not even a white regen, since blue will just counter it.

M

MrXarvox

Angel of anti-blue-ness 3W
Cannot be countered
Flying
Protection from blue
W: Regenerate
2/5

D

DÛke

like mentioned, WHITE really doesn't need regeneration. Who would want regenration over cards like Flickering Ward, Cho-Manno's Blessing, and Mother of Ruins? I wouldn't.
For example, Knight of Dawn is much more efficent the way it is than if it had Regeneration.
Plus, protection gives you "protection" and "offense"; sure, it costs a bit, just a bit, more than regeneration, but it DOES worth it:D.

Now, maybe we could make multi-colored regenerators with White as one of the colors:

Gloom Angel 3WB
Creature - Angel

Flying
Whenever Gloom Angel is destroyed, regenerate Gloom Angel unless any player pays 4 life.
4/2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
that white doesn't NEED regeneration but if it should have it maybe it should be multi-colored like DUke suggested or cost more than a green regenerator.

Cause who the heck uses Death Ward? If you have the ability built in it saves a couple slots.

This is all disregarding the themes each color has (white with damage prevention and protection), just kicking around ideas if white ever HAD a regenerator.