6 Forest
4 Karplusan Forest
2 Dust Bowl
4 Rishadan Port

[Edited by FoundationOfRancor on October 8th, 2000 at 12:45 AM]

F

FoundationOfRancor

Blurred Mongoose/Lava Runner:

Fast creatures that you cant get rid of. They help set up a quick lock. Shizzik/Blastoderm too expensive.

Creeping Mold/Pillage/Stone Rain:

Typical LD and utility. No need to explain...

Hammer/Earthquake:
Kill card and utility.

I playtested this deck alot last night and it kicks...alot. It works very, very, very, very well.

Creatures (12)
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Blurred Mongoose
4 Lava Runner

Spells (24)
4 Pillage
4 Stone Rain
3 Earthquake
3 Hammer of Bogardan
2 Assault/Battery
4 Creeping Mold
4 Harrow

Lands (24)
8 Mountain
6 Forest
4 Karplusan Forest
2 Dust Bowl
4 Rishadan Port

Killer Joe

I know they're for mana acceleration but wouldn't Vine Trellis sorta do the same AND be a good blocker? And that way, you can put in a few Hurricane's for additional game finishers like those Earthquakes.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Hmmm....an intersting proposal YellowJacket.

The main reason I used the birds is due to the extensive RRR in the hammer buyback, and do I really need hurricane? I pose these questions to you.

Killer Joe

How do you plan on taking care of flyers? Black and Blue have cheap flyers that might get by you before you blow up their land, also, the Hammer won't recur as quickly as you might think, and lastly, Assault/Battery doesn't cut it either.
I could be wrong, but, it was just that even though the deck looks really fast, in the environment that I play in, it might not do as well as it does in your environment.
Good to you the deck.

D

Duel

I wouldn't use hurricane. Why? BOP.

I WOULD, however, use some flyer defense, even if it is sideboarded. Wallop, perhaps (Though, with a name that dumb, you may not want it).

Because blue-black with heavy flyers, and blue white with control-flyers will both make a showing, I think, you may end up trading out your BOP for a TOP, and using Hurricane.